Momo

The Young Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She is soft for the oldest girl of the Japanese trio, Chaeyoung admits. When Momo got eliminated from Sixteen, they were a team. She was there, watched the girl work her off day and night, practice and practice through blood, sweat, and tears. She falls down and before Chaeyoung can check on her, the brunette is on her feet again, determined to perfect the performance, leaving no room for criticism.

 

That day, the stage was a battleground, and Momo was their virtuous warrior. The results came down on everyone like a raging lightning. Chaeyoung often tells herself that if she weren’t the only rapper, JYP would’ve eliminated her instead of Momo.

 

 

She is in the living room, busy playing a game on her phone. The dorm is quiet, especially that Jihyo is still on a break for her knees, and Dahyun is helping Tzuyu with her homework.

She hears footsteps shuffle into the room, along with a heavy sigh, and she doesn’t have to look up to know it’s Hirai.

 

Still busy with her game, the couch dips and the spot next to her is no longer empty. The older girl leans her body on the shorter’s; she sneaks her arms around her waist, snuggling closer to her.

 

Chaeyoung hums as an acknowledgement to the older’s presence.

 

“Chaeng..,” she calls.

 

“Hum?”

 

“Chaeyoung..,” she calls again.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Chaengie!” Momo urges.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter