Jihyo

The Young Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her memory of Jihyo remains the most endearing. She remembers the girl calling her the night before recording for the competition, muffled sobs can be heard over the phone, and she knew that the 10-year-long trainee was crying.


 

“I’m gonna request to go against you, tomorrow,” Jihyo manages to say after a while of silent sobs.

 

“Hmm..” Chaeyoung hums in response, doesn’t point out that Jihyo is crying. She has been expecting it, the fact that someone -if not all- of the minors will want to bring her down. She wouldn’t have wanted the person to be other than GodJihyo.


 

Later on, when she is watching the aired episode in the minors dorm, she notices the way Jihyo watched her performance. The older girl’s face was full of pride. She watched Chaeyoung perform as a fellow member, not as a rival; and the latter remembers the words Jihyo told her behind the scenes.

 

“ I really wanna debut with you. ”



 

It is early in the morning, and Chaeyoung needs to leave to school in moments. Yet,  here they are, sitting on the dining table, facing each other.

The morning sun seeps into the kitchen, shedding its orange light on Jihyo’s tanned skin. She can feel the older girl’s eyes on her, as she eats her seaweed soup, -especially made for her by their leader.

It’s so peaceful, serene, and Chaeyoung wishes for that moment to last forever, or just for an hour or two, but she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter