A friend and a boyfriend

Fix You

"Then let me know anything about you."

Silence fills the room as Yongsun said those words. Byulyi was staring hard into her eyes as if she was looking for something. 

"Can you please just leave?" Byulyi slowly pries Yongsun's hand that was remained still on her lip.

"What?" 

"What about me saying to stay away from me? Leave me alone. Now. Please." Byulyi turns her body away from Yongsun's as a sign that she has nothing more to say and had done with the little talk they had. 

Yongsun sighs in defeat and worked her feet heading the door. As she thought that she was close to get Byulyi's trust, here she was being pushed again. But she's not going to rush it. She will give Byulyi her time as much as she need. Byulyi build a thick wall and locked herself inside, but there must be something that could crack that wall, Yongsun just has to figure it out.

She determined herself not to back down. She will do what should be done properly this time and won't make the same mistake, again.

__________

They're sprawling on their respective bed. Kisum was sitting on it while resting her back on the headboard, meanwhile Byulyi laid herself on her bed with both of her arms rested on her forehead, shielding her eyes from the light coming from the LED light above her.

After being called into Mrs. Han office to get a short lecture for their mis-behave, they're back to their room, still giving a cold shoulder to each other. Byulyi was thankful enough that Mrs. Han was indeed such a wise lady, her warm smile never leave her face even if what they have done was rather shameful considering they're no longer teenagers and should have handled the issue going on between them better. However, it was never been her case. If she could handle herself better, she wouldn't be falling and dealing with drugs in the first place. If she could handle herself better all of those nightmare would have never be happened.

Something about Mrs. Han reminds her of someone. Her warm smile shouldn't be a burden at all. That kind of smile could make someone feel welcomed, embraced, and loved, yet there was an unavoidable pang of pain in her chest upon receiving those smiles. It's the same smile she used to see before everything in her life fallen apart, but at the same time it wasn't. She missed those smiles, but it never feels the same if it wasn't hers. She missed her. A lot.

"Hey, Moonie, you're awake right?" Kisum breaks the awkward silence.  Byulyi hummed in response while keeping her eyes closed.

"I'm sorry." Kisum softly said, almost unheard if it wasn't for the room that was deadly silent as none of them bother to make any movement.

"What for?" 

"For being an equal jerk just like you." 

Byulyi chuckled and squints her eyes to take a look on her roommate. "Is that supposed to be a compliment? A jerk?"

"It depends on your perspective. You must be a very optimistic person, huh?"

"I'd like to think that was a compliment as well."

"Whatever." Kisum sneered. "But I really mean it. I'm sorry. I shouldn't punch you like that. Maybe I should just listen to Yongsun unnie to take that boring EQ management class."

Byulyi now fully opened her eyes and heaved a faint sigh. "You don't have to. I kind of deserved it. Besides, didn't I punch you back as hard."

"That's make the both of us. We deserved it. We're jerk after all." Kisum chuckled.

"Yeah, we are." Byulyi agreed, matter of fact she felt she really was.

She did remember Kisum the first time she met the girl in the Center. They never had a chance to have a class together, but who didn't know Kisum? She was a transferred student who happened entering her school at the last year of their Junior High School period. However, the girl had quite a bad reputation. Smoking in the school area even at such young age, skipping classes, abandoning homework and class project, she was rumored doing all of this stuff. Countless of detention on her first few months of entering a new school. Almost no teacher resist her. She even rumored about to dropped out from the school if it was not for her father who begged the school committee to give his daughter another chance, promised that he will look upon his daughter and ensured she'll behave a lot better in school.

He lived his promise, there were almost zero news regarding Kisum's bad attitude around the school, at least for a couple of months. However, she shook the entire school when she had been reported caught by one of the school employees committing suicidal attempt in the school restroom. That's happened just a few months before their last year of school ended. After that incident the rumor of Kisum's private live story spread wild around the school. The man who came to their school and begged for her stay was actually her step father. He was rumored had abused and ually assaulted her step daughter and being the reason behind her suicidal attempt. But none of the rumors had been confirmed whilst Kisum eventually leaves their school right before the graduation. 

"I never talked bad about you." Byulyi said as a tiny spark of guilt strikes her for bringing back that dark memory on their last argument. It must be hard for Kisum to just remembered such event.

"I know." Kisum meekly answered.

"You know?"

"I know you're a good person, at least the old Moon Byulyi I know, the star of our school would never do something like that. Life is funny right? Who would expect that the top student Moon Byulyi and the troubled brat Kisum will end up together in this kind of place." 

"You're talking too much. Now shut up and let me sleep, will you?"

Byulyi was about to close her eyes when Kisum threw her another question.

"So, are we ok now? We're good?"

Byulyi sighed and lazily gave her answer. "As long as you stop being so annoying, then I suppose yeah."

"Then let's go somewhere to celebrate our friendship. I knew a good place to release our excessive energy, it's better than throw punches to your ugly face." Kisum rose up from her bed excitedly.

"What? Now? No. And, who said that I agree to be friend with you. Go find someone else to bother and waste your energy."

"Don't be such a shy kitten. I know you are more than happy to have me as your friend, don't you? Besides, isn't it too early to going sleep? Come with me, you sleepy head." 

"Hey, wait...." Byulyi can't even finished her words as Kisum already drags her off her bed.

__________

Following what had happened between Byulyi and Kisum this afternoon in front of her class, Yongsun had a talk with Mrs. Han, discussing the possibility of setting Byulyi to another room if the girls can't settle their issue and the tension between the two were getting worse. But sets her with another roommate didn't sound like a solution. Byulyi was quite hard to adapt herself, or most likely she wasn't letting anyone entering her life. She even barely talks to anyone, let alone make any friend, either with the workers or residents at the Rehab. Transferring her to another room will just cause another issue rather than settling them.

She tightens the collar of her jacket when a gust of wind blew on her way. She speeds up her steps in an attempt to get to her room as soon as possible, but a shout and soft thuds coming from the basketball court drew her attention. She blinks her eyes and spotted two familiar figures in the middle of the court.

"Yah, should I call you Ahjumma? Even my grandma can do better." One of the girl shouted while shooting the ball toward the basket. The ball gets into the ring, bounced for a while before landing on the ground, followed by a scream of victory.

Meanwhile the other girl had her hand placed on both of her knees to support her body that leaned forward, panting hard and struggled catching her breath. The drugs she used for these past years surely had affected her physical endurance. It worsens from the last time she remembered doing any physical exercise.

"You have already lost by eight shots, two more then it's over. I can already smell my prize." She added.

"Keep dreaming, I'm not such an easy opponent." With that, the girl straightens her posture and ready to shoot. However, she missed the ring again. The ball touched the edge of the ring but doesn't go further. She groaned when the ball falls flat to the ground.

"Yuhuuu... Just give up already Moonie." The other girl shouted.

"Shut up, Kisum." Byulyi took the ball and ready to do another shoot. Oblivious to them, a figure watching them from the side of the court with a smile crept on her lips.

"Seems like you got your first friend, Byulyi." Yongsun muttered.

__________

"May I have your ID?"

"Should you? I had just showed it to the security guard at the entrance." The person whined as he pulls out an ID card from his wallet.

"Sorry, but it's the mandatory here. She was under my supervision, I just need to ensure that the person she's going to meet is well identified." Yongsun scans the card and sweeping fast the information written on it. After she done with the card, she carefully examines the figure of the owner, a tall young man, clads in such tight ripped jeans, disheveled white shirt, denim jacket, and worn out white sneaker.

She had heard much enough about the phrase of don't judge a book by its cover, but she can't help herself to have a second thought of letting this young man to see her counselee by looking at his appearance. What this young man do for his life? What's his relationship with her? What if he was someone who had a role in her drug-abusing involvement? Should she let this guy to meet her?

A sigh unconsciously escaped her lips as she was deep in her thought. "So, Kim Seokjin-ssi, may I know what your relationship with Byulyi?"

"Geez... seriously? What are you, her Mom?" The young man whined for the second time.

"I'm just doing what should be done. She's not on vacation or whatsoever, we can't just let her visited by any random person." 

Once in a month, which was happening at 4th week of each respective month, there was a special time where family members and friends can make a visitation to meet the resident. This family visitation considered as an integral part of the treatment as their support will be very important to residents recovery.

However, to prevent any drugs smuggled into the Rehab, every visitor will strictly scanned before they enter the Rehab area. They have to meet all the necessary requirements for visitation. The visitors must be under acknowledgment and approvement of the residents' respective counselor in order to see them.

"Fine, I am her boyfriend." Sokejin stated. 

Yongsun almost let an 'O' as her first response, but managed to keep it cool. Whatever this man doing for his life, she thought it's sweet to have someone giving their support to their beloved one. If only she could do the same. But what's the use of regrets? It won't bring anything back. But how could she escape? The regrets and guilt will forever haunt her, no matter how much she's done to make amends.

"Alright then, you only have thirty minutes, as she might have another visitor later."

"Any person scheduled to visit her today?" He asked.

"Nope. But we shall expect a sudden visitor like you." Yongsun smiled and handed back his ID card after writing down the information she need.

"The visitation room is two blocks from here, please take a wait there. We will inform Byulyi about your visit, see if she agrees to meet you since you did not leave any notification prior to your visitation."

"She will." The young man takes his leave, but have to stop his steps as Yongsun called his name.

"Kim Seokjin-ssi, can we have a talk later?"

__________

Yongsun was too immersed, flipping page by page of psychological report of one of her counselee handed by Dr. Jung this evening, unaware of several knocks on her desk until the person who was standing in front of her made unnecessary sound by clearing . The person huffed when she finally got Yongsun's attention.

"Oh, Byulyi, is there something I can help you with?" Yongsun gave her warmest smile, albeit felt a bit surprised by the latter. Byulyi was standing in front her desk, which is surely an uncommon sight. 

"I need to leave, I mean, I have an errand to do this Friday, can I out on that day?" Byulyi hesitantly asked.

Yongsun dropped her smile, half-heartedly answering her question. "Is it something important? I'm afraid that we can't grant your request. It's not like we do not want to let you out, but you were under our full responsibility during your rehab here. We can't just give you approval to leaving this place, unless your parents or your guardian agreed to take over the responsibility and watch over you during your leave. But it's only applied for crucial matters or special events."

"It's my Mom's birthday. It is a special event for me. I've never seen her for years and she can't come over here, I should give her a visit instead." 

Yongsun sighed, unsure if she should give her approval. "Then let me give your parent a call, If they agree to sign your departure approval then we might let you out."

Yongsun scrolls her mouse down, looking for Byulyi's guardian contact list on her monitor, but a warm hand ontop of hers stoping her from scrolls further. She looked up only to meet the owner of the hand giving her a weary shake of head.

"There's no need to. Just forget what I've said. Sorry for taking so much of your time." Byulyi retracted her hand and excuses herself. 

"But why?" Yongsun curiously asked. She just needs to make a call and assures Byulyi's parent to sign the approval, which is won't be that hard since it was for her Mom's birthday event.

"Just don't." Byulyi stern. She walked toward the door with a mixed feeling of anger and disappointment, not for any other reasons but of herself. Of course it's not anyone's fault if she can't leave this damn place, it's all her own fault if she trapped in this place. 

"If we can't talk to your parents then there's only one way to let you out of this place." 

Byulyi froze in her place and asked over her shoulder. "And what is that?"

Yongsun paused before she speaks the sentence she might regret later. "I'm going out with you."

__________

 

Hi,

Just want to say thank you for all the support you give to this story through the votes, subscribes, and comments. I feel grateful enough just by the time you spent to read this awful story.

I always confident when it comes to writing, especially in my own language since my English is . Writing stuffs that were work/school-related was never been really a burden for me, they were far from impressive but at least not as bad either. The fanfics I posted here were my first attempt in writing stories. I love writing, and hey, why not try to write a fiction?

But reading stories the other authors put on here crushed all my confidence. I feel embarrassed reading my own stories (as if my broken English alone wasn't embarrassing enough). I found so many awesome author here, I left dumbfounded by the amount of talent they had. Reading their well-written stories made me feel like all of my stuff was nothing but a mess.

Nah, don't mind me. I'm just feeling insecure.