Chapter 7

Intimacy

Hana’s POV

 

Today is Saturday and that means I’m gonna stay home the whole day just to clean my apartment and do some tidying. I roll over until my body fall on the floor then I sigh standing up.

 

I work on Sunday actually, it’s a part time job even though I don’t earn that much for a part time job but at least I have pocket money to spend. Yes all my money pretty much spend on food and drinks.

 

I tie my hair up into a messy bun, brush my teeth then I get inside my bathroom for a shower.

 

I play my favorite playlist and having a karaoke shower time by myself.What a great feeling to stay in the shower for hours.

 

Suddenly, I hear my phone rings so I wipe my face with the towel and answer the phone call. It is Mr.Kwan.

 

Mr.Kwan is my dad’s best friend, he was the one that dad trusted when he was still alive. They were good friends and business partners. Mr.Kwan is the one who supports me financially and tuition fees since my parents are not here anymore. He’s kind enough to help me out.

 

“Hana, how are you doing today?”He asked.

 

“I’m fine Ahjusshi..”

 

“Hana ah,I want you to get ready in ten minutes, I’m gonna take you to a place and meet someone.”He said.

 

He usually doesn’t call me for nothing, he’s a busy man and I do appreciate that he tried to help my dad to pay his debt but you know the troublesome of borrowing money from a mafia. He almost get killed too. He told me that he got beaten up pretty bad when he was kidnapped by the bad guys and they beat him up just to warned him not to help my dad and his plan.

 

He told me that my dad was suppose to take me and my mom to Australia but the mafia found out about it and he immediately attacked us. Until now, the bad guys are still waiting for me to turn 18 and work my whole life just to pay them back.

 

Though there’s something Mr.Kwan doesn’t want me to find out. I don’t think I know the full story about my parents and the mafia.

 

“Okay Mr.Kwan. I’ll be ready in ten minutes.”I said then he hang up.

 

I puffed my cheeks, I am still but well I can’t enjoy my long warm shower because I have to get ready by now. I don’t know who I’m going to meet because he didn’t mention a name but I hope is someone good because I’ve had enough of bad guys in my life.

 

So I dry my hair with a hair dryer then I comb it. I put on my black skinny jeans and white buttoned up shirt then I put on my simple white converse.

 

After waiting for like five minutes, I hear a car horn sound coming from outside my apartment so I peek though the window and see a silver mercedes park in front.

 

I grab my gray beanie and wear it. I can see Mr.Kwan’s face from outside the car’s window.

 

Once I get inside, he greets me with a smile. “You look very lovely today.”He said.

 

I smiled and nodded, “Thank you Mr.Kwan.”

 

Now I can’t stop wondering who’s the person I’m going to meet. Is it a she or a he? Do I know him or her? Ugh my anxiety is creeping in and I hate it.

 

Finally Mr.Kwan park his car in front of a five star hotel. My eyes widened, “Wow, why are we here?”I asked.

 

“We’re here because I want you to meet this person and you shall eat your lunch here.”He said.

 

Okay now I’m really curious. I really want to know who this person is and why does this person sounds so important?

 

Me and him enter the luxury restaurant inside the five star hotel and Mr.Kwan lead me to a table and there’s a woman and young boy looks around my age. Oh who are they?

 

Mr.Kwan greets them and shake hands with them so I do the same thing. The woman looks like she’s around 30s. She’s very pretty and kind.

 

“You must be Min Hana, oh I heard a lot about you. Mr.Kwan said you’re a nice girl.”The woman said.

 

I nodded awkwardly, they make me sit next to the boy and he is not that bad too. He’s a gentlemen, he even pull the chair for me to sit. I am so confused about why I’m her and who are these people.

 

“I shall introduce myself now,my name is Kim Mona and this is my son Kazuma. He’s a year older than you and if you read the Seoul Time Magazine then you will know Kazuma.”She smiled.

 

Okay, I never read Seoul Time Magazine because I don’t like those stupid celebrities, paparazzi and rich kids on it. It’s just plain stupid. I read newspapers because I’m an old school but newspapers has more information than just stupid rich kids on magazine.

 

The boy Kazuma looks handsome, I mean he is good looking. Double eyelids, sharp feature and he looks like he’s half European. Maybe her husband is a European?

 

“Nice to meet you too, I mean both of you but can I know what’s the reason.. you know why I’m here.”I asked.

 

Kim Mona and Mr.Kwan giggled and it’s only making me confused. Like what the heck is going on, can someone just tell me what’s going on.

 

The boy Kazuma cleared his throat and look down avoiding eye contact with me.

 

“We’re here to tell you that you’re going to be my daughter in law.”She said and my jaw drop.

 

“What?!”

 

She smiled, “Mr.Kwan here told me about everything you are going through right now and I know it must be hard for you. So I decided to let my handsome son Kazuma to marry you. Don’t worry he’s a really respectful boy. We can help to pay your dad’s debt but you just have to marry my son.”She said.

 

Marry?! Who said anything about marriage. I can’t believe Mr.Kwan led me into this, I’m not gonna marry anyone. I’m 17! I’m a freaking minor. I don’t want to marry someone at such a young age.

 

I shook my head, “I’m sorry Mrs Kim but I don’t think I can accept the offer. I’m very young and I’m a minor. I thought you can only get married when you’re 18 and above.”I said.

 

She pouted, “But don’t worry, you’ll just get engaged first then we will plan the marriage next year you turn 18.”

Wow, amazing. I don’t even know this people and Mr.Kwan never even tell me anything about them. I just met them and now I’m going to marry her son. Okay let’s be honest here, yes her son is gorgeous. The teenage girls who are in this restaurant and even the waitress are checking him out but I don’t want to marry him! I don’t even know him.

 

I look at Mr.Kwan and he give me this look. That one look that telling me I should agree and accept the offer.

 

“Hana, think about it. If you marry Kazuma. They can help you with your future and college. You can fulfill your dreams.”Mr.Kwan said.

 

When he said that, I don’t even know how to react nor what to answer. He’s right, I’ve always wanted to go to my dream college but it’s too expensive and I’ve been living in fear my whole life maybe this is a miracle?

 

“But, Kazuma doesn’t even like me.”I said.

 

The boy bit his lip, “I actually seen your pictures and I think you’re cute.”He smiled.

 

So that’s how shallow he is, he only look at the appearance. I bet Mr.Kwan is the one who showed him my pictures. Oh great!

 

“So what do you say? I promise that all your worries will be gone once you marry my son.”Mona smiled.

 

Arranged marriage. WOW amazing. So what should I know about these people’s background eh? They must be really rich because she mentioned about the Seoul Time Magazine which if I’m not mistaken her son was in it.

 

Karma’s a .

 

“Hana, it’s now or never. If you think about your future then you agree to marry him. I promise your dad that I will help you and I’m sorry but this is the only way.”He said.

 

I sighed, I do care about my future. “Alright, I’ll marry Kazuma.”I said.

 

I guess agreeing to do this might solve all my problems and worries.