The Day

Énouement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2 years after Jungkook left.
(Now)

 

[Jungkook's POV]

I smile as i reminisce our memories together..

Kim Taehyung. I've been missing him so much. Im wondering how he has been this past 2 years without me.. We have been facetiming so often, regardless the timezone, we've never lost in touch. Although sometimes i was really busy that we barely talk for days. But it wasn't a big deal since we've been knowing for 15 years ..like.. 15 years!

He just sometimes being insanely absurd. He told me that there's a rabbit on the moon. Well.. It's just cute right? He likes rain too. And not only once i found him got cold because of it. 

He must has many friends. Or maybe some new bestfriends? Let's just see.

I sit up after lying on my bed for only-God-and-the-devil-know minutes. 

Suddenly i hear the bell ring. It has to be Yugyeom. I stand up then walk towards the door before open it up. "You ready?" He says as he entered the room. "Mhm."

When i was going to the bowling center with my friend BamBam, he suddenly ran into someone and it turned out Yugyeom. And there we greeted each other. We have a lot in common that we become a good friend. He begged to accompany me to the airport. 

I take my luggage as he carries my backpack. "Seems like i have to play bowling alone from now on?" He said, chuckling under his breath afterwards. I rolled my eyes. "You're exaggerating." I say as i make my way to the front door. "Of course." He says, chuckled as both of us walk out of my apartment. Tomorrow is our--i mean me and Taehyung's bestfriend anniversary that i decide to buy something as a gift. We've facetiming this morning--i mean morning in Ottawa, but it's evening in Seoul--but i haven't told him that i'll come back to Seoul today. I want to surprise him. I've decided to move back to Seoul this time. I won't leave him again. And that is why i tell Yugyeom to stop by a shop to buy the gift. 

After finally get in Yugyeom's car, he started the machine then begin to drive through the road. As i want to enjoy the air of the city for the last time, i open down the window, let the wind blows against my face. The ouside seems slightly pale. The sun is somewhere behind the altostratus cloud, don't fully show itself, only a birght white spot could be seen. This situation is almost like when Taehyung and i were going back from school at a certain time in the past, with me who was riding the bicycle while him sitting down comfortably on the back rack, tapping my back, with a comfort silence accompanied us. "Do they know you're going back to Seoul today?" Yugyeom suddenly says. I don't switch my attention from the window. "Only my parents."

After hearing that, he glanced at me before turn his attention back to the road. "Why though?" I start to feel slightly cold that i closed the window, then slump against the comfy car seat. "Surprise." I say. Then he nodded with O-shaped mouth. 

"Oh, hey. Have i told you about me and Bambam?" A grin appears on his face. It looks really similar with my grin. Somehow i wonder how. Maybe we're brother who have been separated? This is strange. "What's new?" I said. 

"Guess what?" What does he mean? My brows furrow as i turn my head to look at him as if asking something but i don't speak any words, only hoping he would just tell me. "We're dating." He glees. 

I smile as i turn my head back to the street. "Well, im not surprised." He laughs as he parks the car. "Just wait here." I mutter while unbuckling the seatbelt before i get off the car. He perhaps only nods in respond since i don't hear his voice replying me.

I enter the shop. Not much people in there. A woman comes approach me before she greets me warmly. I tell her what i want to buy that she leads me to a white jewelry display table next to the wall. My eyes examine all the silver barcelettes in front of me until a couple of them catch my eyes. "I'll take this." 

The woman smiles at me as she takes the pair of silver barcelletes. "A perfect choice." She says.

I walk to the cashier counter to pay for the barcellets, i tell the woman to beautify the small box since it is a gift that she wraps it with a blue ribbon, then ties it prettily. I thank her before finally i exit the shop then get in the car. 

"What is it?" Yugyeom asks. I smile at him before replying. "Gift." 

He starts the car then driving through the street. We're heading to the airport now. "For who?"

"Taehyung." My eyes are can't be taken off of the gift. I just really can't wait to see him and give him this. "Just do that already." Yugyeom suddenly says after silence for a moment. I don't wait for his respond actually. I look at him, before i put the gift into my bag. Because of not getting any respond from me, he continued. "Do you like him though?" 

I my lips while staring ahead. That is a stupid question. I mean are the things that i've been talking to him about Taehyung not enough?  

"I like him since day one we met."

"Then why did you never confess to him?" He asks with slightly frustrated voice.

A heavy sigh comes out of my mouth. "I already told you before. I don't know. I mean- *sigh* i wasn't ready. I- The gay thingy was so stupid for me before. I didn't realise.. And when i realised, i felt weird until my parents said that it's okay and also the fact that i've been missing him so much. I know im so stupid."

He sighs. "Do you think.. Do you think he likes me too?" Hesitation could be heard in my voice.

"Well.. I've never met him. But whenever you talked about him, about both of you.. i have this feeling that he likes you too."

I bit my lower lip. It must be so exciting to have Taehyung as mine, to have lunch or dinner with our parents, with one different thing.. That is where he is as my boyfriend.. 

"When you talk to him later..." Yugyeom added.

"When you talk to him, look into his eyes.." I turn toward him, waiting him to continue.

"You're going to find something.. Something whether it's love.. lie.. or pain? Something the most honest."

"Thanks."

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

 

After arrived at the airport, we bid a good bye to each other, Yugyeom need to go back soon since he has something important to do. He feels bad but i say that it's okay. I arrived on time. Not too fast, not too late. I don't have to wait and not late too. The derpature to Seoul has been announced that i make my way to the plane--of course after spending some minutes of inquiries, etc.

I get on the plane, looking for my seat then sit comfortably after putting my bag into the overhead locker. There is a young lady who is sitting next to me, she seems like Korean, but i don't know. I don't talk to a stranger.

Several minutes have passed, the plane starts to accelerate down the runway to take off.

I stare at the window, viewing the beautiful sight outside. We're finally above the clouds. 

I just can't believe that time flies so fast, realising that now im in the future of my past. It feels like dreamy. Glimpses of memories are running through my head one by one. 

Especially that one day.. When he came approaching me in a raining day. His boxy smile was so unique, adorning his face, with eyes shaped like crescent moon. Following with a simple 'hi' that really changed everything. I miss him so much.

I've already known how some things turn out this far: Jin hyung is now a doctor, he engaged with Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung and Jimin took over Jin hyung's cafe, Jhope is working on his tesis, Taehyung is studying hard as he is, and my mom said that home feels like empty without me that they--my parents--adopted a five-year-old girl one year ago. I have a little sister now, her name is Hyerin. I can't wait to see her since i always wanted to have a little sister.

I've known all of that, except one thing.. And i'm going to find out about it later.. I can't wait.

This is a long journey. I departed at 11 AM from Ottawa and it takes 21 hours until i arrive in Seoul, via New York. I sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 

~~~

 

 

 

 

 

After sitting for hours in the airplane, i finally arrive in Seoul--i mean at the Incheon Airport.

I take all my stuffs, make sure nothing is left out before i take train--because it's more cheaper--then heading to home--i mean firstly to the station. It's already 9 PM here in Korea while in Canada it's 8 AM. I feel slightly weird and exhausted, i guess i have to face the jet lag again. My parents are probably sleeping now? Or maybe not yet. I told them to not pick me up here at the airport. Afterall, i also feel excited. I miss the air of this city, everything feels new.

After approximately 40 or 45 minutes, i arrive at the station. I take taxi then heading to home.

There are not too much t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter