CHAPTER 3

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Challenge accepted
 
Sung min waited outside the gate with his white audi sports car. he speaks through the mic of the earpiece and sends his words to yi seul.
"are we clear?"
 
She responds through his speakers.
"Clear. the announcement was just said that we had to go to the main hall. i have my laptop in my bag."
Sung min nods, with the slightest smirk on him.
"Let's do this."
 
all the students have gone out of their classes to head towards the main hall. yi seul's school has hundreds of people as students, so she has the chance to wedge into some strangers and go unnoticed. as yi seul reaches the main hall, she goes up the bleachers and sneaks to the last row. nobody was beside her or was sitting at the last row.
"I'm alone. i can see the principal far away. but i think he can't see me, it 's crowded at the front."
 
"perfect. Now pull up your hoodie and wear your mask."
She grabs her mask from the black bag and hooked it over her ears. Yi seul takes the hoodie from behind and wears it around her head. nobody notices.
 
"I'm good."
"alright wait for the presentation to start."
 
Suddenly, the theacher's voice booms throughout the room using his mic.
"hello, ladies and gentlemens! today we will be presenting a cyber safety project for you! the year 10's will present it and we hope you enjoy!"
 
people clap loudly but yi seul can hear some students complaining that this wasn't necessary.
 
The students start explaining what cyber safety was with a projection of a power point behind them and while that was happening, yi seul wasn't able to focus on anything but hacking.
 
The rolex (bought by sung min) on her slim wrist ticks quietly every second, waiting for 10 minutes to pass.
"...Always keep your devices safe from suspicous sites and..."
Yi seul checks her watch and sees that 10 minutes have past.
"Dude, It's time."
 
She can hear sung min's chuckle from her earpiece.
"Alright then. Good luck."
 
She takes out her laptop and lifts the lid. yi seul immediately types in her password and hacks. the students are talking but she can't hear a word of what they're saying, the sound of typing is the only thing she hears.
 
Her palms are sweaty but she doesn't feel it. Keep moving foward.
 
"You alright there?"
Sung min asks. Yi seul whispers back to him.
"I need to buy another 5 minutes."
"All yours."
 
finally, after what felt like hours, she successfully gets into that teacher's laptop and displays the video onto the projection. 
 
on the projection, it could be seen that the screen was glitching which ignited murmurs of unbelief. one of the student stops talking and looks behind her, she steps back and watches with confusion. Yi seul closes her laptop and watches the show as well.
 
"Dude, I made it. I'm watching the show for a while."
Her bestfriend laughs and approves.
"Sure."
 
The glitching stops and suddenly the crowd goes silent. the video on the projection breaks the silence, yi seul smirks.
 
in the video, the unkown hacker wore the same hoodie and a white face mask. a low voice speaks.
"hello Haneul high school. i'm sure you did not expect me to appear but here i am."
a laugh escapes from the masked hacker. some people look terrified but some are still in shock.
 
"oh no. i won't hurt you or anything. i've just got something to say. especially to you, principal."
as if on cue, everybody looks at him. yi seul feels more triumphant than before. but here's the secret; it's always too early to celebrate
"I have the school's bank account in control! hooray! now, now. don't be too surprised, your principal challenged me! he said i could hack anything related to the school so why not a bank account? It's worth it!"
 
more people are shocked and they just keep gasping.
"Anyway, i'm being nice here and i didn't do anything to the account, if you admit your loss, dear principal, i'll give it to you and make it back to secure. no lies."
 
yi seul can see that the principal is fuming, she chuckles quietly and escapes the main hall without anybody's glance or attention. they're to focused  onto the video.
 
she runs towards the exit and out to the gate. sung min smiles widely. he opens the door for her and she tosses her bag at the backseat. yi seul sat beside her bestfriend and smiles back at him.
"let's get out of here."
 
 
the next day she comes back to school, yi seul sees police cars waiting outside the enterance. a rush of cold sweat goes through her head. Like i said, it's always too early to celebrate.
 
She steps foot into the school grounds and walks towards the girls' bathroom. the hacker takes out her phone and calls sung min immediately, while it dials, yi seul looks around to see if anyone was in her prescence.
 
After carefully checking, nobody was in sight. yi seul locks the door and sung min picks up the call.
"what's up, doc?"
"it's not the time for jokes, dude. police is here."
a moment of silence lingers. yi seul puts her face into her palms.
 
"this is not what i wanted, dude..."
"Chillax, go to the principal first or ask somebody else what happened. i'll be waiting at the back fire exit of your school."
 
yi seul lets out a breath of worry and thanks her bestfriend. she hangs up on the call and gets out of the bathroom. there are still some students in the hallway, she has the chance not to look suspicous. but as soon as she tries to ask someone what happened, an announcement interrupts.
"choi yi seul, 8a, please  go to the principle's office right now."
 
the girl tries not to have a mental breakdown and goes to the office nevertheless.
 
She knocks on the door and is greeted by an angry principal sitting on his creaky chair.
"please, sit down. i have a couple of questions to ask you."
"yes, mr."
"Are you responsible for stealing 5 million dollars from our school bank account?"
 
bloody hell this is not what she wanted.
 
 
 
a/n: hahahahahahahahaha! lol, i'm so evil. anyway, this is where the plot unfolds. it wasn't even about getting challenged by the principal! lmao, you guys must be surprised. so if you were wondering what sung min and yi seul were talking about in the foreword, you have an idea now! bye bye~