CHAPTER 1

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

CHAlLenge accepted

"I dare you to hack the whole school's system. You could even try to control all the devices That are connected to it. Whatever you'd like to do."
the principal smirks,
"you were so cocky about your hacking skills so why don't you use it well now that i've given you permission?"
The girl laughs and clasps her hands together.
"Challenge accepted."

3 days later

The students open their school laptops and attempt to get into thier documents. suddenly when they do so, a notice pops up saying:

MICrosoft cannot read "school/year9/curric/documents"
administration system error
0х80508023

"Uh... Miss? Something wrong with my laptop!"
Another student raises her hand and speaks up too,
"Mine is not working either! It says adminiistration system error!"
The teacher strolls her way towards the student and frowns in confusion. She tries to diagnose it but it just keeps popping up.
"Somebody call the technician!"

when the technician came to see the notice, he gaped at the code below. That code meant that there was a virus planted into the laptop to stop it from scanning anything in the PC. It didn't make sense though, it wasn't only one laptop, it was every single laptop in the school! If anybody had the virus, they could've gotten into a malicous site. But everyone had the same notice and it had the same code at the bottom. the most logical conclusion was that somebody hacked the devices and planted the exact same virus.

"our Administration device systems is hacked."
the tecjnician said. That one sentence made the whole school chaotic. Gossips went around like fire on gasoline. Nobody knew that she did it.

Oh, who is 'she'?

let me introduce you, choi yi seul.

4 weeks earlier

"I hacked into the principle's laptop and went to see my grades. They're horrible. it's all in c's and d's"
Yi seul sighs, her bestfriend (also roomate) gasps and held her hands.
"HOW are you going to go to Oxford?!"
He screams in worry.

"that's still far away, i'm just in year 8. But I know. can you just teach me a little bit more of hacking so that i  can change my own grades?"
She pleads. he sighs and shakes his head.
"It doesn't take that much of learning but that wrinkly potato might see traces of you visiting his laptop if you don't know advanced hacking. It's going to get competitive as hell for you."

"Whatever it is, I'm in."

 

the hackers

Choi yi seul; an orphan, was abandoned in an apartment when she was 5 years old, got found by herbestfriend when he was 10 years old. he took her in with his parents, now they live together without his parents.

yi seul's bestfriend/roomate; kim sung min. works for a big group (owned by parents) that involves proffesional hacking, his salary is actually quite big ($100,000-200,000 a month). is very smart and helps yi seul with anything. also teaches her how to hack.

 

The principal proccesses what the staff had said. It was already reported that the Administration device System was hacked and he knew who was behind this. He smirks,
"No, I want to see how this hacker goes."
"What?"
The teachers furrow their eyebrows. She hasn't hacked everything yet.

2 weeks earlier

yi seul sat in the far corner of the library, away from everyone else. She takes a deep breath and exhales with a slight nervous feeling. Sung min isn't with her to back up so she has to deal with it by herself. She has to hack into her reports to change them into a's. 

yi seul takes out her expensive laptop and Swtches it on. She begins the procedure. Yi Seul stumbles upon some mistakes, leading her to a fail, But she tries and tries again.

Finally she gets into the reports and searches for hers. When she does, she changes everything to straight a's. She sighs in relief and wipes out some of the traces of her visiting the principle's laptop. She smiles and puts her laptop away.

the next day, Yi seul's name was said in an announcement.
"Choi yi seul, 8a, please come to the principle's office."
she stilled in her seat, everybody in her class looks towards the unknown hacker. yi seul stands up and headed towards the office.

She knocks on the principle's door and herad a mufflied "come in.". Yi seul nervously sat on the seat in front of his desk. He arches his eyebrows and speaks with a serious voice.
"I didn't know you were this type of person, Yi seul."
The girl awkwardly laughs and tilted her head.

"I don't know what you're talking about."
"Let me be frank here, you hacked into my laptop yes?"
Her breathing halted and yi seul just regretted of even thiinking to change her reports.
"I saw that my school email password had been changed and so I investigated. The password had your initials in it. along with 8a."
He chuckles. Yi seul already knew that everything was a waste. Why did she even do a crappy password?

"You changed your grades. Did you really think you can get away with it? you're no match for me."
Suddenly she scoffs at his words. No match? He doesn't even know how to hack!
"I'm not sure about that Mr. you're no match for me either. "

His eyes darken and he stands up from his black leather seat.
"What kind of manners is that to talk to an elderly?!"
"I have no manners. Look, I can blackmail you, i can search up anything that you've done bad. I know that all of your information is in the deep web. So you let me go or you let me hack. Which one will it be?"

He Slams his hand onto the desk and tells yi seul to get out. the answer was obvious. Because he just did it.

 

For two weeks, she didn't get any detention, suspension nor a warning. it seems like the principal is really no match for her. but as yi seul casually walks around the school, the same announcement is said. she furrows her eyebrows and sighs.
"what is it this time?"

she enters the principle's office without knocking and sits on the seat.
"yes? what have you called me for?"

"I dare you to hack the whole school's system. You could even try to control all the devices That are connected to it. Whatever you'd like to do."
the principal smirks,
"you were so cocky about your hacking skills so why don't you use it well now that i've given you permission?"

The girl laughs and clasps her hands together.
"Then what? you'll expell me? Call the police?"

the principal lazily looks at her with arrogance.
"no, i'm sure you're just a fake. you don't know how to hack properly. you even left evidence on my laptop!"
He laughs.

yi seul snarls and answers without hesitation.
"Challenge accepted."

and now, yi seul is in hideout at the apartment. she watches sung min do his work. His computer shows a black screen, full of green letters, numbers and symbols. he just keeps typing and typing.
"how are you going to hack A.N.B.'s building system? i heard the've got a thick firewall."
"Exactly, that's why they assigned me to do this."

she sighs and suddenly he finally gets access into the system.
"Bingo bango."
yi seul purses her lips and stares at the computer.

"dude, I want to hack the school's bank account."
Sung min stops pressing the keys and looks at yi seul in shock.

"ARE you crazy?! do you actually want to go to jail?!"
yi seul chuckles and shook her head.
"the principal didn't say anything about me getting arrested. he said i was a fake so..."
sung min takes a deep breath and warned her.

"it's too complicated. it takes so much to hack into a bank account. let me tell you, a bank always backs up an account - to hack and take money from a bank? it's like going through hundred layers of cement walls! Why do you think people rob a bank instead?"

"But there's always a way. your money had got stolen from a malicous website! You tried to buy something using your credit card but guess what happened? 1,000 dollars stolen."
yi seul fights back. the principal said she could do anything.

"yeah because it was covered with a virus- wait. it was covered with a virus!"
Sung min realizes. yi seul smiled in the i-told-you look and raised her eyebrow.
"so, will you help me create another virus or not?"
yi seul says. she's been watching the show for long enough and she needs to have a comeback. but, that was just the start of this hacking adventure.

 

A/N: hi! this is just a random story out of nowhere. i won't be making too much chapters though. this was just supposed to be a trial for this scrollable box XD but anyways. bye.