Maia

Bumfuzzle

May 5

 

10:48 pm

 

"He's turning 21 tomorrow. What are we going to do?" A creased of worry formed into the face of the 47 years old Mrs. Byun. She can't just sit there and wait for her son to turn into some hideous creature or something because of some cursed. 

 

Mrs. Byun faces his husband and point at him accusingly "I never failed to remind you to use protection."

 

"What?! I was drunk at that time, so how can I remember?" Mr. Byun feigned innocently. "It is not my fault that you were not wearing anything when I entered our bedroom."

 

With only the bedside lamp on in that room, Mr. Byun can clearly see his wife's face turned crimson red due to embarassment on what he had said. "I was from a bath" She rebuted "How can you talk about it like you're talking about the weather. Why did I even marry you in the first place?" she said it out serious but came out as a whine.

 

Mr. Byun shifts from his position and pulls her wife closer "If something's going to happen, Baekhyun will probably call us. We already warned him about the cursed, I hope it will be a faint one unlike what happened to one of my aunt. Beauty of an angel on the day, a monster looking person at night."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

11:50 pm

 

"Our noisiest member is going to turn 21 in just 10 minutes. I just can't believed how fast he grew." a sob coming from an overly dramatic Junmyeon can be heard. Junmyeon's is just being a dramaqueen, though you would think that he is really crying but then think again.

 

A groan from the maknae of the group and a harsh truth stopped him from sobbing "You know you're getting ugly again. but on the second thought you're always ugly hyung so just stop. You're being annoying, you'll wake Baekhyun hyung up."

 

Junmyeon just rolled his eyes being used to the straight forward Sehun. The members gathered up outside Baekhyun's new room, he's been staying in their living room for a few months and just recently got his most awaited room. Kyungsoo's still trying to wake the sleepy Jongin up, Xiumin and Chen incharged of the cake, Chanyeol with the party poppers, Sehun and Junmyeon who volunteered to sing because why not, and Yixing who's only a phone call away from China.

 

"Hyung it's already 11:54! Come on, I can't wait to suprise him!" comes an excited Chen. 

 

Sehun glared at his hyung for basically saying those things out loud. "Come on guys, you're going to wake him up and spoil the suprise." 

 

Chanyeol patted his back calming him, poor maknae trying to keep up with his noisy hyungs. "You know, Baekhyun's probably anticipating our surprise right now and just pretending to be asleep. We're not that very subtle when preparing earlier." 

 

A series of agreement comes after, who wouldn't know that they were into something when basically they were preparing it with Jongdae who cannot keep his mouth close, Chanyeol who keeps on yelping, plus Sehun's continuous whine when they wouldn't consider his opinion. 

 

"Okay were going to light up the candle. You guys prepare to open the door." Xiumin, the oldest of them instructed. 

 

The members prepared each and every tasks they were supposed to do. Half of them excited with it and half who doesn't mind and just want to greet Baekhyun a happy birthday. Junmyeon with Sehun at the front of the door starts to count. "1...............2.............3!!!" 

 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY BAEKHYUN!!-HYUNG!!"

 

But a deafening silence met them, Baekhyun is no where to be found. His bed was properly made like no one even used it, the aircondition was off, and the supreme jacket that he usually wore was no longer hanging in the coat rack.

 

Kyungsoo cleared his throat, gaining the members attention who was previously astonished of what happened. "Looks like he's out." he said.

 

"B-but what about the surprise?" Sehun whine, stumping his long legs like a child.

 

Jongdae just sighed "Well, we already did surprised the vacant room." he sarcastically said earning a glare from Sehun.

 

"Yeah yeah, very funny hyung."

 

"Guys let's just go back to our rooms and sleep. Maybe Baekhyun doesn't want to spend his birthday with us or he's up with some important matters." Junmyeon finally said that dissapointed those who were excited namely Sehun and Chanyeol . The members one by one descends back to their room when Junmyeon heard his two co-members sniggering "Minseok and Jongdae the cake is for Baekhyun, not for you guys. Put it in the fridge."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

12:00 am

 

His alarm rings indicating that it's finally 12:00 am of May 6, reminding him that he's already 21 years old. 

 

"Well happy birthday to yourself Byun Baekhyun" he then blowed the small candle light he placed messily on the middle of his cupcake.

 

The 21 years old Byun Baekhyun just smiled at himself gently, welcoming the soothing breeze of summer into his pale skin. The streetlights flicker, the people having their late night stroll just passed by not aware that one of the most popular boyband member is there celebrating his birthday alone. Baekhyun adjusted his jacket and put on his mask. He then prep himself to walk, leaving the untouched cupcake on the ground he was sitting on. 

 

In the solitude of esplanade by the Han River, Baekhyun finally let his mind wonder. He is finally 21 years old, anyone would be so happy because finally he's going to be more mature but this is the time Baekhyun was very afraid the most. "You're cursed my son" he remembered the face of his father full of hesitation and unweariness when he turned 12 years old, telling the young Baekhyun of what consequences he might suffer due to the mistake his grand grand grandfather did way back then.

 

As what Baekhyun's father told him, It was long long ago when one of their great ancestors during his journey to the king stumbled upon a wingless angel. A beautiful maiden skin so white like a feather, was in the ground striving to survive. Grand Byun helped the girl and brought her along on his journey, he cared for her, gave her water and fed her with food on which the young maiden gladly accepted. The journey to the king's palace took them months to travel and it only took some months for the young maiden to fall in love with Grand Byun, unaware that the guy she fell in love with was already married to someone else. Due to the increase of mouth to be fed, the supposed to be gift for the King were consumed. 

 

"My king, I don't have anything to offer to you." Grand Byun confessed to the stern looking King.

 

Without even sparing a second to think, the King answered Grand Byun "Offer that young maiden you're with and you will get your desired wish."

 

Although a little bit taken a back and without considering the feelings of the young girl he's with. "She is all yours now my King, in return I want the elixir of fertility."

 

Grand Byun was preparing to leave when the young maiden followed by some guards barged into the room crying " How could you do this to me?! I love you!" she nearly went hysterical as she fell down on her knees.

 

Grand Byun kneels infront of her adjusting his height for the maiden. He cupped her face and wiped the tears away "I-I am very sorry but I have a wife who needs me and we really need a child. You're too young for me and you said it yourself that you have no one else."

 

"No! You're being selfish here!"

 

"You can now leave. The royal lady will be waiting for you outside with the elixir " the King interrupted them.

 

"No you can't just leave me here!!!" the young maiden whimpered, Grand Byun stood up and bowed to the King, the young maiden then wiped her tear after realizing that Grand Byun's decision was final "I'm telling you. If you walked out of that door without me, one of your children or grandchildren will be cursed when they turned 21! A curse that will remind your family of me, beauty of an angel, skin so pure and delicate, lips so luscious and you can't do nothing about it but seek for me again."