Part I

Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Myoui Mina was scared.

 

She left her family back in Japan to pursue her dreams of becoming an idol. Will it be all worth it in the end, she thought. The brown haired girl made her way down to the streets of Seoul and hopefully she was going the right way to her new dorm with the other JYP trainees.

 

“I believe this is the right one,” Mina said in Japanese. Right when Mina was going to put the key into the door lock, the door opened.

 

Mina was left breathless at beauty right in front of her. Her flowy, brown hair part was on her left and Mina never seen a face so perfect. Her eyes were a warm brown, she had a perfect nose and pink lips along with her high cheekbones.

 

“Oh you must be the new trainee.” She gave a warm smile. It took a few seconds for Mina to respond, she began to nod furiously and responded in Korean, “Yes I am the new trainee.”

 

“Come on in,” she widened the door to welcome Mina in.

 

“Ah you must be Mina!” Mina was welcomed by another beautiful girl who prominent cheekbones and nose. “Ne,” Mina replies quietly and bows slightly. “I’m Minatozaki Sana, nice to meet you!” Sana bowed. Oh she’s Japanese! Mina thought, At least I have someone to speak Japanese with. “Momo-yah, did you introduce yourself yet?”

 

“Oops, I’m Hirai Momo, nice to meet you!” Momo gave her a reassuring smile, Mina felt her heart flutter. Mina gave her a small smile and nodded.

 

“Hello, I’m Myoui Mina, please take care of me!” Mina introduced herself more loudly and bowed at fifty degrees.”Oh Myoui, are you Japanese?” Sana asked her in Japanese. Mina noted that Sana looked really excited.

 

“Yes I am,” she replied back in Japanese. Next thing Mina knew, she was engulfed in a hug from Sana. “Momo-yah! There’s more of us!” Mina looked over to Momo, who laughed and went to join in their hug. When they pulled apart, Momo looked over to Mina, “When is your birthday, Mina?”

 

“March 24, 1997,” Mina replied and was aware of the honorifics in Korea. “She’s younger too, Momo-yah! She’s the maknae of us!” Sana smiled wider and further explained, “Momo and I were born in 1996, the Korean honorific system is quite different from the one back home.”

 

“Ne, Sana-unnie and Momo-unnie.” Mina’s smile widened, hopefully it won’t be that bad living and training here.

 

..

 

Mina learned that Sana and Momo entered the agency the same year and currently are in their fourth year of training. She started to get scared, Mina was a fresh, new trainee. She already felt that she was behind. Luckily, her Sana and Momo-unnie reassured her that she has them by her side.

 

She unpacks her belongings in her new room and lays down on her new bed.

She starts to think about Momo and the way she smiled at her today. She began to smile at herself and covered her face if someone was teasing her.

 

“Hirai Momo,” she whispers to herself.

 

..

 

A year has passed, Mina grew closer and closer to Sana and Momo. The two Japanese trainees became like family to her. Mina’s internal conflict also grew that often lingers her mind. She tries to distract herself by playing video games or dancing ballet in the studio.

 

Hirai Momo would not leave her mind.

 

She liked the way Momo laughed and smiled at her.

 

She fell more for Momo during the first time she saw Momo dance.

 

Mina saw the passion and love of dance through Momo’s movements.  She also noticed how they are total polar opposites when it came to dancing. Momo did contemporary, while Mina did ballet.

 

Mina wasn’t supposed to feel that way towards her unnie. Her family was religious and truthfully she didn’t know if they were against the notion of homouality. She knew there was something different about her when she was little. She was more fond of her friends that were girls and rarely had any boy crushes. The feeling started to grow when she started to go to an all-girls school. Mina remembered how girls would send her letters and gifts to her proclaiming how much they liked her. She tried her best to turn them down nicely and surprisingly were happy that they were turned down by her. She was the quiet type in school and the students loved to hear her voice.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter