one

Nerds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Kim Taehyung?”

“Absent, sir.”

“Again?”

“Yes.” The class answered in unison, followed by noisy whispers that sounded much like a bunch of bees talking about many possibilities that happened to the boy with thick spectacles.

“It’s been three days. Does anyone know where he goes?”

“No, sir.”

“That’s weird.”

Indeed it was weird for a diligent, nerdy, smart boy to not come to school. Even his best friend, Jimin, didn’t know where the boy went missing for the past three days; he just disappeared.

 

 

“Jeon Jungkook?”

“Absent, sir.”

The teacher marked the absent sheet and frowned. It seemed like nobody knows about the boy being said because they all looked as puzzled as for their homeroom teacher.

“Yoongi, do you know where Jungkook is?”

“No, sir. He doesn’t answer my phone either,” said his closest friend.

“It’s been three straight days. He never skips school. Kind of weird.”

“Maybe he’s tired of being a good boy?” Yoongi snorted.

Yeah, it was weird. A kind, smart, diligent model student never did this before; not even once he skipped classes. Moreover, it was Jeon Jungkook’s last year, so his homeroom teacher was worried.

 

 

Another two days passed and neither Kim Taehyung nor Jeon Jungkook showed up in their school. Their friends barely got a contact with them. Even though they were just some nerds, they held the name of their school. Ah– yes, they were going to the same school so it was quite messy when both of them disappeared at the same time. Lots of speculations surfaced but nothing is proven right. Their absence was a big mystery to the school and for everyone. It was Jeon Jungkook and Kim Taehyung that we were talking about; perfect model students that had the best future husband materials and guaranteed bright future.

 

 

 

“Kim Taehyung?”

“Right here!” Someone opened the door in a heavy pant and answered the roll call. “I’m sorry I’m late.”

The class suddenly went uproar with the presence of the long lost child. He bowed and walked to his teacher, ready to be interrogated.

“Where have you been all this week?”

“I’m sorry.”

“Answer me loud and clear, where did you go for these past 5 days? You don’t even submit a permission letter!”

“Well– that... I’m sorry, sir– but wait, I didn’t? You didn’t receive the letter?”

“Yes, I didn’t. Kim Taehyung, you’re just in your first year! What are you thinking, huh? Just because you’re on the first rank, you think you could skip schools as you please? No!”

He lowered his head, unwilling to answer him back because he knew he would get into a bigger problem. He tugged his spectacles and swallowed every scolding he received. It was his first time getting a trouble in school, ever in his life.

“You go to the detention room after classes!”

“Yes, sir...”

He walked to his seat with his shoulders folded. He sighed deeply.

 

 

“Jeon Jungkook.”

The teacher looked around before he called the name once again. Third call.

“Jeon Jungkook is absent aga

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter