Coincidence

-WAR_ Taegi

“Back to your cabins!” The officer in charge yelled, as if they couldn’t hear him just meters away from him.

Yoongi flinched at the sound and sighed.

The group walked back to their cabins slowly through the rain and mud.

Yoongi shifted his riffle on his back, he realized his shoelace was undone so he bent down.

“Ah-.” somebody bumped into him and he fell onto his back.

Into the mud.

Yoongi froze and prayed that he won’t scold him for it, but by his surprise the boy stood up and brushed his pants.

And without hesitation he reached his arm out to bring Yoongi back onto his feet.

“I’m sorry…”

Yeah, he even apologized. Yoongi raised both brows and scratched his head.

“Oh..no worries.”

 

The rain pounded onto the tiny windows in the large cabins.

He could hear thunder rumbling far away.

‘Taehyung would’ve flipped out…’ Yoongi sighed, running his hand through his hair.

‘He must be horrified.’

He sighed, taking off his jacket and felt his arms burn from the pushups and sit ups.

Yoongi then sat upright on his bed, trying not to listen to his loud roommates.

He looked around.

Most people came here by force.

And some came by their own will.

And some just miss their loved ones.

Yoongi felt the bunk above him move, then followed silence.

A small note book landed in front of Yoongi and he looked up.

His eyes made contact with a head poking out above him, looking down straight at him. The two blink twice at the same time.

“I dropped something.” He muttered.

“I can see that.” Yoongi replied coldly.

That kid was younger than him, he had messy brown hair and equally brow eyes.

The boy blinked again.

“Um…” He mumbled again, Yoongi could barely hear it.

He sighed and bent down to pick the note up and something slipped through the pages.

Yoongi was going to hand it to the boy, but then he stopped.

A picture.

It was in a bad condition but Yoongi could tell it was the boy and someone else beside him. Smiling.

It looked like the university that was close to his house back in Seoul.

The boy had brown hair and was at least half a head shorter than the boy.

“I’ll…take that.” The boy took the book and picture out of Yoongi’s hand and hid it underneath his pillow.

“Did you come here for him?” Yoongi asked, the boy stopped and slowly looked over at Yoongi.

“What…”

“Because I did.” Yoongi held out his photo of Taehyung.

“And now I feel stupid, but I guess it’s too late now, is it?” Yoongi mumbled the last part.

“Why are you telling me this?” The boy mumbled back, he shifted again, making the whole bunk wobble.

“I guess because… I can understand you.” Yoongi grinned, the boy bit his lips and hid his eyes behind his bangs.

He does that a lot.

“I’m Yoongi.” Yoongi reached his hand out to the boy who was trying hard not to cry. Even though he looked younger, his grip was strong and Yoongi could tell that he was much built than he is.

“I’m Jungkook.” Jungkook took Yoogi’s hand and Yoongi sighed.

“Jeon Jungkook.”