Final

I Think I Like You

 I Think I Like You

       Lee Eunhye wasn’t like all the other girls on campus. She wasn’t skinny. Nor did she cake make-up onto her face. Lee Eunhye was a chubby girl. She was overweight, but in everyone’s eyes, she was a giant. Lee Eunhye didn’t eat everything in sight, she just didn’t have a fast metabolism and didn’t have time to go to the gym.

       Lee Eunhye didn’t like being overweight. It made her an easy target to bully her entire life—even in college where she thought everyone would be grownups by then and would care about what’s on the inside and not on the outside.

       She was dead wrong.

       And so, that’s what made her an introvert. She was her own best friend. And, that was why she sat at a library table alone with her statistics textbook open. She wanted to finish her homework before going to work at the Starbucks right outside of campus.

       Eunhye looked at the time on her phone, seeing that she still had an hour left. She still had ten statistics problems to solve. She groaned quietly in annoyance and tried to push herself through it.

       “Confidence coefficient is 0.95,” she whispered and wrote down the information. “That means alpha is 0.05,” she continued to mutter to herself.

       She was opening her textbook to the back cover when she heard someone whisper her name.

       “Hey, isn’t that Lee Eunhye?” a female voice spoke.

       Eunhye’s grip on her pencil tightened as she in a breath.

       “Yeah, the girl that tried to join the dance club?” another female voice spoke.

       Eunhye bit her bottom lip as tears brimmed in her eyes.

       When Eunhye first came to campus, she decided to try to make friends by joining a club. It didn’t seem like it, but Eunhye loved to dance. She moved fast and fluidly. She was for sure that she would past the auditions to join the club.

       But, she wasn’t even given a chance to join. They didn’t even tell her why. It didn’t take her long to figure out that it was because of her weight. All of the dancers in the club were skinny and had a good built. Everything she wasn’t.

       She was already an introvert then. She had built up so much courage to step out of her comfort zone, but that incident was what made her never want to befriend anyone. She thought that she was better off alone.

       “Tried? Why was she rejected? Bad dancer?” another person asked.

       “Why do you think,” someone chuckled. “Look at her. It’s obvious.”

       Eunhye wasn’t sure if she could take it anymore, but she didn’t want to cry in front of them and earn the title of a cry baby.

       She sighed quietly to herself, trying to continue her homework when someone suddenly pulled a chair out in front of her to sit down. Eunhye heard gasps around her as she looked up.

       She let out a quiet gasp herself as she stared at the figure in front of her.

       Oh Sehun.

       Seoul University’s Star.

       Oh Sehun was a model scouted at age eighteen. He brought Seoul University fame. He was loved by everyone.

       Eunhye grew scared.

       Why was the campus’s hottest student sitting right in front of her?

       Eunhye clenched both of her fists and bit the inside of her lip.

       Oh Sehun had dark brown hair. It was obvious that he had muscles from his shirtless photoshoots. Eunhye had never met him in person before, but she had seen his pictures. But, she wasn’t star struck. She just sat there and stared at him, waiting for his next move.

       Sehun just sat there and stared at her with his warm brown eyes. His lips formed a line. His expression was unreadable. Eunhye felt awkward just sitting there and staring at him. She looked away and noticed all the other empty tables around them.

       There’s so many other tables. Why is he sitting here?

       Eunhye decided that it’d be best to leave before he would try some fishy business on her. She grabbed her things and stuffed them into her bag before leaving without saying a word to the confused Oh Sehun.

***

       It was the next day. Eunhye hated having classes four days a week, but doing so would help her graduate a year early. She sighed as she found the same table that she sat at the day before. The library was empty this time. No more girls to gossip about her. It was perfect.

       Eunhye began to lay out her materials when she heard a chair being pulled open in front of her. She paused and looked up to see the ever so handsome Oh Sehun sitting in front of her again.

       Maybe this is his regular table or something.

       Eunhye slightly bowed her head, apologizing for something she didn’t know if she did wrong or not. She quickly stuffed everything back into her backpack before leaving.

       Once again, Sehun just sat there, staring at her back.

       Why does she keep leaving?

***

       Fourth day of the week. Last day of classes. Eunhye still had a paper to type up. She quickly ran to the library. It was empty again. She smiled. She scanned the premises of the library to make sure that Oh Sehun was nowhere near her. She looked at the table where she usually sat. She frowned before taking a seat at a table that was far away from it.

       She took out her laptop and turned it on.

       Someone took a seat in front of her.

       Eunhye’s heart dropped as she looked up.

       What is he doing? Is he trying to ruin my life?

       Eunhye quickly looked down, not sparing another second to look at him. She was about to shut her laptop down when Sehun stopped her.

       “Wait,” he spoke in his normal voice since there was no one around them.

       Eunhye froze and looked at Sehun with wide eyes.

       I-Is he . . . talking to me?

       Eunhye couldn’t form words with . She just sat there and stared at him.

       Sehun had a desperate look in his eyes. He wanted her to stay. Eunhye knew that much, but why?

       Eunhye didn’t know what had come over her, but she decided to nod before continuing on with working on her paper.

       Sehun seemed relieved and happy as he leaned back in his seat. He slightly tilted his head to the side as he stared at the girl type away. A small and satisfied small formed on his lips.

       Sehun was comfortable with the silence.

       Eunhye felt like it was strangling her. And that was weird. Eunhye loved silence.

       The only sound they both could hear were Eunhye’s fingers flying across the keyboard.

       Eunhye bit the inside of her lower lip and let out a sigh.

       What does he want? Why is he doing this to me?

       Eunhye looked up. Her eyes met with his. It seemed like he was staring at her the whole time which freaked her out.

       W-What is his problem?

       “Yes?” Sehun asked with a sweet smile.

       Eunhye blinked rapidly before looking away.

       No. Don’t let him take over you like that, Lee Eunhye. Stand up for yourself!

       She bit her lip and stared him straight in the eyes with anger.

       “Why are you sitting there?” she finally asked.

       Sehun just smiled and shrugged, making Eunhye even angrier.

       “Because I can,” Sehun rested his elbows on the table. His eyes revealed nothing but sincerity.

       Eunhye was stunned into silence for a few seconds.

       A thought suddenly came into mind. A thought that made sense completely.

       “Because you were given a bet to,” Eunhye stated.

       Sehun’s eyebrows furrowed. A small pout formed on his lips. But, his eyes never left hers.

       “No,” he said. “Who told you that?”

       Eunhye scoffed.

       “Why else would you be sitting with me?” she spat at him.

       Maybe it was time that she would finally stand up for herself.

       “Why can’t I?” Sehun seemed purely confused.

       “Then why are you!” Eunhye yelled, tears b in her eyes. She feared the worst. She feared that it was a bet all along and he would point out how skinny she wasn’t.

       Sehun frowned.

       “I just wanted to be your friend.”

       Again, Eunhye was rendered speechless.

       “I want to be your friend, Lee Eunhye.”

***

       Eunhye stared into space, Sehun’s words echoing in her head.

       “I want to be your friend, Lee Eunhye. Can we be friends?”

       Eunhye threw her head into her hands and groaned.

       He just wanted to be friends! Why did you say that! You’ve been waiting for something like this, Lee Eunhye!

       Eunhye thought back to what she had said to him.

       “I want to be your friend, Lee Eunhye. Can we be friends?”

       “No. I don’t need friends. I don’t want to be your friend.”

       She had gotten up and left after that conversation.

       Eunhye tried not to cry. She was finally approached by someone first, but why?

       Why does he want to be my friend? What if it really is a bet? He’s popular. He’s a model for goodness sake! WHY WOULD A MODEL WANT TO BE MY FRIEND?

       Eunhye ruffled her hair in annoyance.

       “Uh, miss? When are you going to be finished with making my Unicorn Frappuccino?”

       Oh, right. Eunhye was still at work.

       “Oh my, I’m so sorry! It’ll be done soon!”

***

       “So, how’d it go today?” Sehun’s best friend, Kim Jongin asked.

       Sehun frowned as his shoulders dropped.

       “She said no.”

       “What?” Jongin yelled. “She rejected you? Oh, my god. This needs to be recorded in history. ‘Girl Rejects Being Oh Sehun’s Friend’.”

       Sehun glared at his best friend.

       “It wasn’t like a confession or something, so shut it.”

       “Oooh, does that mean that you are going to confess to her?”

       “No!” Sehun yelled. “I don’t even know her. I just wanted to be her friend, but she’s so closed off. I thought she’d say yes since I approached her first. Introverts rather people go to them first.”

       “Well, she ain’t your ordinary introvert, I guess,” Jongin shrugged. “Why do you even want to be her friend anyways?” Jongin wrapped his arm around Sehun’s shoulders.

       Sehun paused. Something he did when he was either thinking or lying or both.

       “I . . . I don’t know.”

***

       It was a Monday. A new week.

       Sehun was determined to get Eunhye to say yes today. He wasn’t exactly a person that forced people to be his friend, but he was oh so very set on getting Eunhye to be his friend.

       He went to the nearest bakery to buy some macaroons and milk boba tea. He was so excited. When he got to the library, he saw Eunhye sitting at a different table with her hood covering her head. His heart skipped a beat.

       Sehun gulped and froze for a few seconds as he just looked at her. Then, he chuckled at her poor attempt of trying to hide herself. Her bright purple backpack gave her away. He walked over to with snacks in hand. A large and bright smile were plastered onto his face.

       When Sehun reached the table, he set the snacks down and pulled out a chair to take a seat. Eunhye immediately looked up with wide eyes. Sehun grinned and handed her a cup of boba tea. She didn’t take it, so he set it down near her. He opened the box of macaroons and gestured to them.

       “They’re fresh. Eat them why they still are.”

       Eunhye wasn’t sure whether to be offended or thankful. Sehun’s actions seemed genuine, but with her years of experience with bullying, she decided that he was just toying with her.

       “I don’t want to,” she muttered under her breath.

       “Look, Fatty Hye made Sehun buy her food,” a girl giggled.

       Eunhye in a breath. Sehun frowned.

       Why are they so mean? He grew angry.

       He was about to get up and walk over to those girls a few tables away, but Eunhye stood up before he could. He looked up at her with wondering eyes. Eunhye’s eyes were full of tears. Sehun’s heart broke. He knew it was his fault.

       “Stop bothering me,” she spoke in a quiet yet venomous voice. “I’m not your toy.”

       She grabbed her things and left.

       Once she left, Sehun sat there and stared at her untouched boba tea. He felt a prick of pain in his chest. He sighed, dejected, and looked down at his hands. Suddenly, someone sat down in front of him. A wide and hopeful smile made its way onto his lip as he looked up. But, that smile was completely wiped away when he saw that it wasn’t Eunhye, but the girl that was insulting her just moments ago.

       “Hi, Sehun,” she giggled shyly. “Why are you hanging out with Fatty Hye? You should just join me and my friends—”

       Sehun grabbed the snacks in which he had brought and got up, but not before glaring at the girl.

       “Don’t ever call her that again,” his voice was threatening, shocking the girl. His eyes were dangerous—it seemed like he was piercing her with knives.

       Sehun turned around and began running out of the library in search for the girl that made him uneasy.

       Eunhye promised herself that she’d give that Oh Sehun a piece of her mind if she ever met him again.

       That jerk! He’s just playing with me! How dare he!

       “Lee Eunhye! Wait up!”

       Eunhye froze.

       Her confidence that she had seconds ago was diminishing at the speed of light.

       “Eunhye!”

       Sehun ran as fast as he could with two cups of boba tea and a box of macaroons. When Eunhye stopped walking, Sehun grinned and sped up. He stopped in front of her and smiled like there was nothing wrong in the world. His smile could light up an entire room, but not Eunhye’s entire world. Her world was pitch black at the moment.

       Eunhye looked at the cups of boba tea in his arms. Sehun breathed in and out with that smile still on his lips.

       “Take one before you go,” he held out a cup towards Eunhye. “Please, I insist.”

       Eunhye clenched her fists as she grew angry again. Sehun urged her to take it.

       Eunhye didn’t take another second to think as she harshly pushed Sehun’s hand away, knocking the cup out of his hand and onto the concrete ground. Sehun’s eyes widened in shock as he broke a little inside. Eunhye glared at him, tears building up in her eyes.

       “There are only two reasons why you’d want to be my friend. It’s a bet or you pity me. Maybe it’s both,” Eunhye scoffed. “If those are the only reasons, then stop approaching me. I hate it,” an angry tear escaped the corner of her eye.

       Eunhye walked passed Sehun, not sparing him a second glance. Sehun stared at the wasted boba tea on the ground.

       I’m not stopping until you say yes, Lee Eunhye.

***

       “Do you even sleep? You’ve been spending all your time on trying to get that chick to be your friend. When you’re not doing that, you’re modeling,” Jongin said as him and Sehun tried to find a nice place to hang out for the two free hours that Sehun had.

       “Yes, I sleep, Kim Jongin,” Sehun chuckled.

       Jongin grinned.

       “Just give up, dude. She’s special. She’s rejected you like five times now. Besides, friends aren’t formed by stating it. You become friends overtime with no words. Like us, man,” Jongin wrapped his arm around Sehun’s shoulders.

       “I guess,” Sehun said. “I just thought that it’d speed up the process.”

       “Oo, let’s go to Starbbucks,” Jongin pointed at an upcoming Starbucks.

       Sehun nodded.

       “Do you think she hates me now?” Sehun was truly sad at just think that she may hate him.

       “Probably,” Jongin shrugged.

       Sehun pouted.

       “That’s not what I was aiming for.”

       They walked into the café.

       “What do you want? My treat—since you’re in the dumps today,” Jongin said.

       “A Caramel Frappuccino, I guess,” Sehun muttered before finding an empty table for the both of them.

       Then he heard a familiar name.

       “Oh! Lee Eunhye! Hello, what a funny coincidence seeing you here. I didn’t know that you worked here,” Jongin exclaimed.

       Sehun shot up from his seat as his head snapped towards Jongin’s direction.

       Eunhye stood behind the cash register, looking at Jongin like he had grown a second head.

       “Uh, yeah. I work here,” Eunhye looked like she wanted to crawl into a hole.

       “Sehun’s here too!” Jongin grinned.

       Sehun wanted to slam his head into the wall.

       Eunhye’s eyes widened in panic.

       Does he want revenge now? Maybe I was too harsh. Dang it, Eunhye! Why are you so mean?

       “O-Oh, i-is that so,” Eunhye chuckled nervously.

       Jongin grinned and gestured to Sehun that was standing by an empty table awkwardly. Eunhye tried to ignore him, though it hurt her to do so.

       Why do I feel so guilty?

       “May I take you order,” she asked.

       Jongin frowned.

       They’re like a fighting couple.

       “Can I just get two Caramel Frappuccino’s then?” he asked.

       Eunhye nodded and accepted his money before making them.

       Jongin walked over to Sehun that was still staring at Eunhye in shock.

       “Dude, close your mouth. You’re gonna start drooling soon,” Jongin chuckled as he took a seat.

       Sehun stared at Eunhye as she began making their drinks. A small smile made its way onto his lips.

       His heart skipped a beat. He could stare at her all day.

       “Sit down. You’re embarrassing me,” Jongin hissed at his friend.

       Sehun frowned at Jongin and sat down across from him. He continued to look at Eunhye.

       “You don’t think she’ll spit in our drinks, do you?” Jongin asked.

       Sehun glared at him.

       “She’s not like that.”

       “Okay, geeze,” Jongin spoke, a bit unsure.

       Sehun knew that Eunhye would never look his way. He sighed and looked down at his phone.

        I wonder what her phone number is. Maybe I should go ask the Administration Office. They’ll surely give it to me right? I just want to apologize to her. I really didn’t mean to hurt her. I want to do everything but that.

       “Hey, isn’t that Lee Eunhye?” a voice caught Sehun’s attention. It came from a man a few tables behind him.

       “The girl that was rejected from the dance club?” another male spoke.

       “Yeah, I heard that she wasn’t even able to do an audition because she that much.”

       The two males laughed.

       Sehun clenched his fists so hard that his hands and arms began to shake. Jongin was playing on his phone when he noticed how Sehun was acting.

       “Hey, are you okay?” he asked in worry.

       “Isn’t it because she’s fat?” the other male spoke.

       Sehun slammed his hands on the table and stood up, earning attention from everyone in the café. Eunhye had finished making their drinks and was bringing it to them when Sehun stood up.

       Sehun’s fists were clenched again as he turned around and glared at the two guys. He walked up to their table without saying anything and punched the guy in the grey shirt straight across the face. The other guy in the green shirt stood up immediately.

       “What the hell are you doing!” he yelled.

       Jongin’s eyes widened as he ran up to Sehun, trying to stop him. Sehun pushed Jongin away and punched the guy in the green.

       “You !” Sehun yelled. “Talk about her one more time, and I’ll take out all of your teeth!” Sehun screamed.

       Eunhye looked at Sehun with wide eyes. Her breathing labored. She didn’t know what to do. She quickly set the drinks down on Sehun and Jongin’s table before running to the man in the grey that was still on the ground.

       “Oh, my goodness, are you okay?” she asked.

       Sehun looked down at her with pain and anger written all over his face.

       Why is she going to him and not me!

       His chest heaved up and down in anger. He bit his lower lip, just wanting wrap his arms around her. People in the café began taking out their phones to record them.

       “Isn’t that Oh Sehun?” someone asked.

       “The model?” another person asked.

       Eunhye grew nervous.

       The man in the grey harshly pushed Eunhye away from him. She fell onto the ground, wincing in pain.

       “Get away from me, pig!” he yelled.

       Eunhye was stunned into silence. She froze. Sehun grew angrier. He pushed Jongin away again and got onto the man in grey. He pulled on his shirt, lifting his upper body off the ground. The man looked at Sehun with a smirk. Sehun lifted his fist high before planting it onto the man’s face over and over again.

       Jongin was about to stop him when the man in the green shirt was about to attack Sehun.

       “Oh, no you don’t,” Jongin kicked the man in the stomach, making him fall to the ground.

       Eunhye shook her head at this.

       There’s a freakin’ fight, Eunhye! Get yourself together and stop it!

       She stood up with shaky legs and took in a deep breath.

       “STOP!” she yelled as loud as she could. “OR I’M CALLING THE POLICE!”

       This made everyone stop. Eunhye turned around to look at the customers still recording. She glared at them, making them step away from her.

       “If even a second of this gets on the internet or makes the news, I’m going to sue the out of all of you,” she growled before walking over to Sehun. His fist was bleeding. Worry took over her. She just wanted to take him away and wrap his hand for him, but couldn’t. She wasn’t his friend or girlfriend. She looked at his rugged state instead and shook her head in disapproval, making Sehun look down in shame.

       She held her hand out to him. Sehun looked at her hand as though he had just seen an angel. He looked at Eunhye with a gapped mouth. Eunhye sighed again, urging for Sehun to take her hand. He smiled brightly before gladly taking her hand. She helped him stand. Jongin pushed the man in the green shirt away from him. He dusted off his clothes and glared at the man.

       The man in the grey stood up and wiped blood off the corner of his mouth. He glared at Sehun.

       “What the was that for! It’s not like she’s your girlfriend or something!” he yelled.

       Sehun turned around and glared at the man, making him wince.

       “Yes, she is,” he spoke with no hesitation and no hint of lie in his voice.

       Everyone gasped. Everyone.

       “She’s his girlfriend?” someone whispered.

       Eunhye wasn’t sure if she was even breathing. Her heart beat sped up. Her face grew red. This Oh Sehun kid was too unpredictable.

       “That thing?” the man in the grey laughed.

       For some reason, at that moment, Eunhye felt like she had all the strength and confidence in the world. Maybe it was because Sehun was beside her.

       Eunhye let go of Sehun’s hand. Sehun frowned at their separated hands. She walked up to the man in the grey and formed a fist with her hand. She rose it high and punched him straight across the face as hard as she could. The man fell back to the ground. His friend ran up to him and knelt down next to him to see if he was okay.

       “That thing that can’t even take a punch is your friend?” Eunhye asked the man in green.

       She turned around and took Sehun’s hand in hers, leading him out of the café. Jongin wanted to applaud the girl, but he didn’t want to be left behind. He grabbed his and Sehun’s Caramel Frappuccinos before running after Sehun and Eunhye.

       Once they were a good ways away from Starbucks, Eunhye let go of Sehun’s hand and threw her face into her hands.

       WHAT DID YOU JUST DO, LEE EUNHYE?

       She wanted to cry a river.

       Sehun was in a daze, not believing that Eunhye had just held onto his hand.

       Jongin reached them and looked at a dazed Sehun and a frustrated and embarrassed Eunhye. He didn’t know what to say. He looked at the two beverages in his hands and slowly inched away from the duo, wanting to give them some privacy.

       “Uh,” Sehun tried to find the right words to say.

       “Stop,” Eunhye breathed out.

       “Huh?” Sehun was brought back to planet Earth.

       Eunhye turned around to look at him, making his heart skip a beat. He became breathless at just the sight of her.

       “Stop,” she sighed, seemingly in defeat.

       “Stop what?” Sehun asked quietly, purely confused.

       “Everything,” a tear escaped from the corner of her eye.

       I’m scared that if you don’t, I’ll just fall in love with you.

       Sehun wanted to kiss the tear away. He didn’t know what had come over him. He just had the urge to. He wanted to wrap his arms around her and hold onto her always.

       What is this feeling? Sehun was confused.

       Eunhye shook her head, tears beginning to fall one by one.

       “Just stop, Oh Sehun.”

       I can’t love you because I know you won’t love me back. I don’t want to love you just because you give me some attention out of pity.

       She turned around and ran away from him.

       Oh Sehun had never experienced such heart wrenching pain before.

***

       “Dude, come on. You have to eat something,” Jongin was worried for his best friend that hadn’t got up from bed since getting back to campus the day before.

       Jongin had wrapped Sehun’s hand and forced the boy to get some rest since he seemed like he was out of it. Jongin was no doctor, but he knew exactly what was wrong with his friend.

       “I’m not hungry,” Sehun muttered.

       “I’ll let you stay in bed all day, but you have to eat something, please?” Jongin pleaded.

       “Just go to class. I’ll be fine,” Sehun sighed.

       “No,” Jongin crossed his arms. “You’re getting up, taking a shower, and then going out to get something to eat.”

       “I said, I’m not hungry.”

       “Fine,” Jongin threw his hands up in defeat. “I’ll just go meet up with Eunhye myself—”

       Sehun shot up from bed.

       “You what?” he asked with wide eyes.

       Jongin smirked. He took something shiny out of his pocket and inspected it.

       “Eunhye accidently dropped her name tag yesterday. I’m going to go drop it off for—”

       Sehun got out of bed and grabbed if out of Jongin’s hand and ran into the bathroom to get ready.

       “I’ll go. No need to bother!” Sehun yelled from the bathroom.

       Jongin grinned and dusted off his shoulder.

       “Okay!”

       Jongin thought back to what had happened the day before.

 

       After Eunhye had ran off, Sehun began walking back to campus like a zombie. Jongin knew that he had to do something. He ran after Eunhye, stopping her before she got back to the café.

       “Lee Eunhye!”

       Eunhye turned around and looked at Jongin in confusion.

       “W-What?” she stuttered.

       “Your name pin.”

       “What?” she looked down at her pin that was still on her store uniform.

       “Give it to me,” Jongin breathed out.

       “Why?” Eunhye frowned.

       “You hurt my friend’s hand. You deserve to give me something in return.”

       It sounded like a stupid reason. He knew that much, but he’d hope that it’d work anyway.

       “Why should I? It wasn’t my fault anyway!” Eunhye yelled.

       “Sehun started the fight because of you. And, I like shiny things.”

       Jongin could tell that she was a bit creeped out, so she just took it off and quickly gave it to him.

       Jongin grinned and was about to walk off when Eunhye stopped him with a solemn face. Jongin looked at her, wondering what she wanted. She suddenly reached into her pocket and pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to him.

       “Buy him some bandages and ointments and wrap up his hand.”

       And with that, she turned around and continued walking.

 

       Jongin grinned. He walked out of Sehun’s room, feeling the best he had been feeling in ages.

***

       Sehun stood outside of Starbucks. He was nervous. He held Eunhye’s name tag in his hand as though it was the most precious thing in the world. He caressed it and read over her name hundreds of times.

       Lee Eunhye. Eunhye. Eunhye ah.

       He sighed deeply, thinking of what to say to her.

       Why did she want him to stop? What did she want him to stop?

       “Oh Sehun?”

       That voice had never spoken his name before, but he knew who it was.

       Sehun looked up and met eyes with Lee Eunhye. His heart skipped a beat. He smiled his best smile.

       Eunhye was talking to her manager about the fight that had happened yesterday when she saw a certain someone standing outside of the café. She asked for an early break to go talk to him. She was wondering what his friend had done to her name tag.

       And now she was standing right in front of Sehun, looking at him with an unreadable gaze.

       “Hi,” Sehun was love struck. Just hearing her speak made him go crazy.

       Eunhye felt like she was going crazy. The past two weeks had been crazy. She was living fine being alone, but then suddenly the university’s star entered her life so abruptly. She was for sure that he was only trying to get close to her for fun, but as the days went by, she knew that wasn’t the case. There was something much more to this crazy Sehun.

       She couldn’t help but want to know what.

       “Why did you get into a fight because of me?” she asked quietly.

       Sehun bit his lower lip and looked down at her name tag.

       “Why do you want me to stop?” he asked back.

       Eunhye’s eyebrows furrowed. She looked down at his hands, seeing her name tag. She grew confused, but didn’t say anything about it.

       Eunhye sighed at his question and looked at the ground.

       “You know why,” she said quietly.

       Sehun pouted and looked at her with pleading eyes.

       “Why does there only have to be two reasons why I want to be your friend? Why can’t there be a third?” he asked.

       Eunhye slowly looked at him.

       “W-What . . .” she trailed off, not sure on what to say.

       “Why can’t there be a third reason?” he asked again.

       Eunhye blinked at him, her heart beat speeding up.

       “W-What would that reason be?” she asked, fearing his answer. She held her breath.

       “Because I want to,” he said.

       Eunhye breathed out and took a step away from him.

       “Stop,” she said again, her voice shaking.

       “Stop what?” Sehun rose his voice.

       Eunhye bit her lower lip.

       “Just stop,” she let out a quiet sob.

       Sehun’s heart broke. He took a step towards her, only making her take a step back.

       “This isn’t like a movie where girls and guys and just be friends. You wouldn’t want me as your friend. So, stop,” she whispered and looked away from him.

       “I don’t want to,” he said quietly yet firmly, silently begging that she would turn around to look at him.

       “Please,” Eunhye shook her head, tears welding up in her eyes. “Just stop,” it took all of her willpower to look him in the eyes. She in a breath, “if you don’t, I’ll fall for you.”

       Sehun and Eunhye stood there in silence, just staring at each other. It was as though they could see right through each others’ souls. Their eyes were boiling with emotions. Relief had washed through Sehun.

       “Then fall,” he spoke ever so softly.

      Eunhye swore her heart had never beat so fast before. She opened to say something, but nothing would come out. She just stared at him in shock.

       “Fall for me, Lee Eunhye,” Sehun slowly smiled. “Because I think I’ve already fallen for you. I think . . . I think I like you,” his smile was so very sincere.

       Eunhye’s eyes burned with tears.

       His smile had lit up her world like she never thought it would.

       “W-Why?” but she was still in disbelief.

       Sehun smiled and walked up to her. She was no longer backing away from him.

       “I wanted to get close to you at first because I admired how strong you were. How you made me feel like me and not ‘Model Oh Sehun’,” he said quietly. “I wanted to be like you—able to ignore everyone. And then,” he stood just inches from her, “I slowly found myself falling. Or maybe, I already fell for you at first sight, and I was just realizing it as the days passed.”

       Tears fell from Eunhye’s eyes.

       Sehun reached for her cheeks and wiped them way gently.

       “When I first saw you,” he smiled, “my heart raced and skipped a beat. I thought there was something wrong with me, but I knew that you had to do with it when it happened every time I saw you. Every time I saw you sad, every time I saw you cry, I wanted to wrap my arms around you. Every time I heard someone say something bad about you, I wanted to cover your ears with my hands and kiss you. Every time,” he searched her eyes for something that told him that she believed him. “Even now, I just want to kiss you.”

       Eunhye’s tears only continued to fall as she stared at this man before her, wiping her tears away.

       “Lee Eunhye,” Sehun spoke. “I don’t think anymore,” he chuckled. “I know. I know I like you. So, please like me back. Fall for me like how I fell for you. The next time I tell someone that you’re my girlfriend, I want it to be the truth.”

       Eunhye didn’t know what to say. From hating him to feeling thankful that he was standing up for her, Eunhye was confused with her feelings. With the sincere look in his eyes, she knew that he wasn’t lying and he never did.

       “Even if I’m fat?” she suddenly asked.

       Sehun frowned.

       “You’re not fat,” he said. “You’re beautiful.”

       Eunhye took in a shaky breath.

       “Even if people make fun of you because of me?” she asked in a shaky tone.

       “It’s only because they’ll be jealous that we’re the perfect couple,” Sehun caressed her cheek.

       “Even if—” she hiccupped. “Even if—even if it r-ruins your image?”

       “Nothing but you rejecting me will ruin me, love.”

       Eunhye began to sob quietly. She hung her head low, not wanting him to see her cry. Sehun smiled sadly.

       “Will you accept me, Lee Eunhye?” he asked, begging the Heavens that she would say yes.

       “S-Sehun,” she cried. “Why would you even want—”

       Sehun lifted her head and leaned in, placing his lips on hers. Eunhye’s eyes shot open. Sehun put his hand on the back of her head as he continued to kiss her. Eunhye continued to cry. She wanted him to stop, but she also wanted him to continue on forever. She had never been so loved by someone before. Not even by her own parents. She grabbed onto his shirt and pulled him closer.

       Sehun had never felt so happy before. He smiled through the kiss, kissing her passionately.

       Breathless, they both pulled away from the kiss.

       “Is that a yes?” he asked with a bright smile.

       Tears still trickled down Eunhye’s cheeks, but she smiled through them.

       “Yes.”

       Sehun let his own tears of happiness fall as he cupped the both of her cheeks and continued to kiss her. Eunhye chuckled through the kisses, wondering what she had done to deserve someone like him.

       And off to the sidelines, hiding behind a tree, stood Kim Jongin, wiping proud and happy tears away.

       “That’s my boy.”


Author's Note:

That's the most writing I've done in a while.

I SPED THROUGH THIS.

I know that it's really fast paced, but I just wanted to get it finished while I still had the feels.
I think that this would make a good chaptered story with maybe 5 chapters or so.
I'm so sorry if I didn't meet all of your expectations. So many of you were excited about this!
And, thank you so much for giving so much love to it before I even published it!
You all are the best!!!

<3 Nubci4