Two Worlds

Telecom Juniors

===

Han Seo was awoken at the hospital yet again. The difference was that she was alone and several notes were plastered by the table. She sighed as she read them.

Han Kyul was saying she'll come by later. Mi Rae and Jeong Mi were saying that they saved her some food. Her mother and aunts even said their greetings and doodles. Han Seo smiled then slumped back to rest.

She looked to the side, gasped to see another note. She reached for it and read.

Sunbae~

I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye in person. Due to fatigue and stress, you were admitted with hypothermia and anemia. Your family and friends were informed and I made up your misses in school.

Sorry if I had to go so soon. I loved being with you, sunbae. But sadly, my time with you was up. I will be a student and a test study at KAIST now but I am hoping to see you soon.

I love you, Han Seo-sunbaenim.

Jung Mi Mi

Han Seo sighed and pasted the note back, going back to sleep.

+++

Han Seo was thankful for all that has happened yet as she got back to her feet at university, she went back to her usual routine of being a top student. She and Han Kyul maintained their ranks up to finals and got credibility for what they have accomplished. For Han Seo, she was also active as Treasurer of their department but she plans to resign after the semester since she had lost interest.

With the usual rountine upholding in the midst of her walks, Han Seo sighed again. She was lonely once more with no junior by her side.

Sitting back at her spot in her favorite convenience store, Han Seo was indulging her drink, all while she was looking for her book on Ethics when she came across with the promo box. Han Seo got it out, looking at the said cards. There were only four left to use. Han Seo got to hold Mi Mi's card but later she hissed, causing her to shove that card onto the slot next to Ha Na's as she blew a fuse, almost throwing all cards out of the box.

"Aish, now I'm getting tired of this trash...*sigh*...tired as , tired as ..." Han Seo ranted.

Lately, Han Seo had gotten a complaint with regards to the promo. The department head had gone restless towards her, saying that she should continue or else it'll cost her grades and standing. Han Seo didn't have a choice as she grabbed a card.

"Cho Hye Yeon...Manhwa Junior." Han Seo mumbled. "So...a cartoon character will be ripped off and come out of a comic book?"

Han Seo thought about it and she chuckled again, remembering that one catch on the promo with regards to two unusual juniors. Mi Mi was the first. And she thinks Hye Yeon would be the second.

Seeing the time, she realized that it was almost time for her class. She got her drink and went back to class.

+++

Han Seo managed to get to her classroom before the time and got to the door. As she got inside, everyone was looking at her. But what shocked her more was that there was sometime in front of her.

"Peekaboo! Bamboo helicopter!"

"The ..." Han Seo mumbled.

She couldn't believe it. She was reading a comic book at the store, Doraemon to be exact. Now, she couldn't believe the fact Doraemon was in front of her.

"Haha..." Han Seo reacted. "...I think I'm in the wrong classroom."

Han Seo went to get away when Doraemon stopped her. "Han Seo, my sunbae, please play with me in the midst of this filial duty. Bamboo helicopter~"

Han Seo was panicking and trying to get away from the classroom when the Doraemon hugged her tight and dragged her inside, just in time for the teacher to arrive.

"Aigoo...you've finally met Cho Hye Yeon, the Doraemon." She said.

Han Seo was damned. She couldn't believe that her junior was Doraemon.

"Friend~~" Hye Yeon chanted as she hugged Han Seo.

She also kept on chanting 'Jingu', just like in the comics of Doraemon. For Han Seo, she could sigh.

"Haha..." Han Seo could flip out. "...this is going to be a long day.

+++

After class, Han Seo went to the library to study. Han Seo was getting attention to freshmen for her charm and intelligence. Nonetheless, Han Seo was rubbing her temples after reading her different books.

She grabbed her comic book of Doraemon and read. And just as the of luck, she heard someone playing the Doraemon song. It grabbed everyone's attention. Han Seo looked to see Hye Yeon, carrying her phone and a pouch of bean jam buns.

"Sunbae~ hello~" Hye Yeon got closer and speaking with that voice. "Bamboo helicopter."

"Not again..." Han Seo huffed. "...and please turn your device off. You're in a silent place."

Hye Yeon did and sat next to her senior, eating a lot of bean jam buns. Han Seo went back to reading when she was disturbed with an earpod by her ear, playing the Doraemon song.

"Hye Yeon, stop that." Han Seo huffed and got it off. "What are you even doing here anyway?"

"As a species of robotic cat, despite of my malfunctioning personality, I can sense that you are sad." Hye Yeon said.

"I'm not." Han Seo answered and read again.

"You are, sunbae. Here. Have a bun." Hye Yeon handed some.

Han Seo accepted it and ate so quickly. And just what Hye Yeon said, she wss right. She was tearing up lightly as she ate. 

"What's the problem, sunbae?" Hye Yeon asked.

"My aunt called that my mother is sick." Han Seo answered. "I can't help but worry."

"Let's visit your mother." Hye Yeon said. "I can take you there to see her."

"Do you even know my address?" Han Seo asked.

"Of course. I'm ing Doraemon. I got the good to help you out." Hye Yeon said as she grabbed something from her fourth-dimensional pouch.

"Technically, you're a girl from a cartoon." Han Seo corrected.

Hye Yeon shrugged and pulled Han Seo up. They went towards a door and went somewhere.

+++

Hye Yeon and Han Seo got to a hospital. With that change of location also came a change in Hye Yeon's appearance. Hye Yeon smiled at her senior and said. "Yu Jeong-sunbaenim."

She got a mirror and looked to see that they looked like the main characters from the manhwa Cheese in the Trap. Han Seo couldn't believe her appearance but she focused on visiting her mother. Hye Yeon and Han Seo got to a consultation area and asked of Min Seo's room. The two of them got there and met with Do Yeon.

"Hong Sul and Yu Jeong?!" She was shocked.

"Imonie, it's me! Han Seo." Han Seo spoke.

Do Yeon would've commented of her look but she was happy to see her niece. She also got to meet her junior and got them inside the room. They saw Min Seo motionless and IOI were shocked of the visitors.

"Yeah, they look like Hong Sul and Yu Jeong but it's Han Seo. And she brought her junior, Hye Yeon." Do Yeon said.

They greeted the grown ups and Han Seo got closer to Min Seo. Han Seo was happy to visit her mother but she didn't want to see her sick. Her aunts comfort their niece as Se Jeong and Mi Na welcome Hye Yeon and joined to sit by Han Seo's side.

"Sunbae..." Hye Yeon held her hand.

"Thanks, Hye Yeon..." Han Seo smiled. "...for letting me visit my mother and for coming with me."

Min Seo woke up and everyone gathered. Han Seo was quick to hold her hand and Hye Yeon was by her side. Min Seo sat up slowly, with Chung Ha and Kyul Kyung helping her. She saw Han Seo and pinched her ear.

"Why are you here? You're supposed to be at school!" Min Seo scolded.

"Ma. Imonie Yoo Jung called me that you were sick. I had to see you." Han Seo reasoned and winced.

"Sorry, unnie. I had to tell our Han Seo of what happened to you." Yoo Jung reasoned.

"Ow..." Han Seo as her mother lets go of her ear and she rubbed her ear. "I had to visit you, Ma. I worry."

"Aigoo, you don't worry for this sick fool." Min Seo points at herself. "And I see you got a new junior. You two look like people in a manhwa convention."

Everyone could laugh because of Min Seo's humor. Min Seo got to know Hye Yeon as much as her aunts did and Han Seo pouted and grew worried again. Min Seo knew her daughter was serious and patted her head. 

"I'm a little sick, Han Seo-ya. But don't see this as a distraction to your studies. Besides, I have your aunts to take care of me."

"But I want to take care of you too." Han Seo spoke.

"Do you have classes?" Min Seo asked.

"No. I was done with my classes hours ago." Han Seo answered.

"Then you can stay here for a while." Min Seo held Han Seo's hand. "I miss my baby girl."

Han Seo cheered and before she could go and wander around, she asked Hye Yeon. "Do you have an errand today?"

"No, sunbae." Hye Yeon answered. "I'll stay with you."

"Our Han Seo is a chick magnet." Big Se Jeong spoke. 

"Very funny, Ahjusshi." Chung Ha sighed.

+++

Han Seo spent her time at the hospital, taking care of her mother and having quality time with family and with Hye Yeon. There were times Hye Yeon caught Min Seo reading Doraemon and she got to the comfort room. As she exitted, everyone gasped as they saw Doraemon right before their very eyes.

"She's a Manhwa junior for a reason." Han Seo explained.

Min Seo read another comic and Hye Yeon changed again. Min Seo was reading Naruto and Hye Yeon dressed up as Hinata. 

"Woah." So Mi reacted.

"Aigoo, such a cute junior you have, Han Seo-ya." Min Seo clapped lightly.

Han Seo chuckled and nodded when her aunts and her mom chuckled. Han Seo wondered and mafe an instinct to look at the mirror. She was shocked as she was dressed up as Naruto.

"Hye Yeon." Han Seo called.

"When I change, my destined person changes too." Hye Yeon grinned. "Han Seo-sunbaenim...I love you."

Everyone cooed and Han Seo wondered of this. She wouldn't think that she'll live the month to the world of cartoons, anime, even comics.

+++

Han Seo came back to school after another visit from her mother and went on with the academic life. Not only time, she has immersed herself on comics thanks to Hye Yeon.

Han Seo read a manhwa in her phone and Hye Yeon noticed that as she smirks. Han Seo checked and she didn't have enough coins to purchase the next chapter so she stopped for a bit and decided to play Undead Slayer when she felt a hold by her thigh. Han Seo turned quickly to see Hye Yeon dressed as a character from her recently read manhwa.

She was reading "What Does The Fox Say?". And Hye Yeon dressed up as Sung Su Min.

"Shoot." Han Seo cussed. "I shouldn't have read that."

"Too late." Hye Yeon, looking like a woman full of sultriness.

"Han Seo-sunbaenim!" A junior noticed her. "You look good in blonde!"

"What?" Han Seo checked her self and hand blonde hair.

Seeing her look, she sighed and looked at Hye Yeon. "So I'm Ju Sung Ji now?"

Hye Yeon didn't say anything and looked around. Seeing that there weren't people around, she inched closer to Han Seo. Hye Yeon had her lips puckered as Han Seo froze. 

"Yah. I think we should've switched." Han Seo mumbled.

"Sung Ji might be the assaulting one but she's taller than Su Min. And you're taller than me." Hye Yeon mumbled and pecked her lips.

"But Su Min is older." Han Seo mumbled back as they broke. "And I'm older. I'm in my third year in college and you're in your first year."

"But who expresses love more aesthetically between us?" Hye Yeon asked as kissed Han Seo again. "It's Su Min."

"It's you." Han Seo mumbled as she was silent because of a kiss.

+++

"Okay. No more comics for you, Han Seo." Han Kyul spoke.

Han Seo raised an eyebrow and Han Kyul got her hands off of her collection of comics. Han Seo sighed. "I'm still doing excellently great here in school, Han Kyul. Comics don't distract me. They givr me inspiration."

"Yeah. But you changing onto these characters because of your junior is a bit tacky." Han Kyul said. "First she came as Doraemon then her latest character is Sung Su Min...and she was from a GL manhwa."

Han Seo didn't see it that way before but with everything that has happened, she was starting to open up to those feelings.

"Han Seo?" A knock and a call came from the door.

Han Kyul opened the door and there was Jeong Mi woth a shocked look. Han Seo stood from her bed and wondered. "You look sick. Are you okay?"

"Han Seo. It's Hye Yeon." Jeong Mi huffed. "She's in trouble."

+++

Han Seo was triggered as she stormed outside with Jeong Mi. Han Kyul followed them as Jeong Mi yold Han Deo where Hye Yeon was, stopping to see students crowding around Hye Yeon holding dead mice.

“Omo…like in the comic, right?” Han Kyul asked Han Seo.

“Yeah.” Han Seo mumbled as she got something on her pocket. “And seeing those dweebs of fellow seniors looking like zombies, I might have to kick some zombie .”

Han Seo had a stapler on her hand and stormed towards the seniors. “Yah. What are you doing hurting my junior, huh?!”

Some of them were shocked that they cowered but their leader was a dickhead as he pushed her. “Oh, sorry, your highness~. You see your junior was causing trouble so we had to do the necessary measures.”

“You watch Doraemon, huh? Because you know the weakness so well. Now let me ask you another question…” Han Seo pointed the stapler at them. “You watched HOTD, right? Did you know Kohta Hirano can kill zombies with a nail gun, even a stapler gun?”

“Yeah, I do. But it’s not built-in within a cardboard-“

Han Seo used the stapler like a gun and the staple went far, hitting a tree. They cowered and made a run for it. Han Kyul and Jeong Mi applauded as Han Kyul patted her back.

“You still haven’t lost your enthusiasm in guns, huh?” Han Kyul chuckled.

“That was awesome, Han Seo!” Jeong Mi cheered.

Hye Yeon tackled Han Seo for a hug. Han Seo hugged back. “It’s alright now. They’re gone.”

Hye Yeon thankrd thanked them for the rescue, especially towards Han Seo. Han Seo told the others to go back as she stayed with Hye Yeon.

“Come on. Let me treat you some bean jam buns. By then, explain everything.” Han Seo held her hand and Hye Yeon was so happy.

+++

"She got bullied because she got into their territory by the kioks? What a bunch of idiots." Han Kyul sighed as she studied.

"True." Han Seo said and drew a draft of her own manhwa. "Hye Yeon was so scared of those mice and those dweebs used that as an advantage."

"You're welcome." Jeong Mi said as she worked on her plates.

A knock greeted them as Han Seo opened the door to see Hye Yeon. 

"Sunbae, annyeong~" Hye Yeon greeted, wearing a Doraemon onesie and not dressed up as a real Doraemon. "Bamboo helicopter~"

"How in the world does she do that, I'll never know." Han Kyul sighed.

"Cute." Han Seo commented and Hye Yeon blushed lightly. "What brings you here?"

"Can we go out on a date?" Hye Yeon asked.

"Finished your homework?" Han Kyul asked Han Seo.

"To hell I did." Han Seo answered. 

"Then you're off the hook." Han Kyul did a thumbs-up. "And Hye Yeon, do dress up as Mikasa Ackerman."

And just as Han Kyul said those words, Hye Yeon had a red scarf around her. Han Seo looked at herself and shocked that she looked like Eren. Hye Yeon grinned and held her hand. "Let's go, sunbae?"

+++

Han Seo and Hye Yeon got to a convenience store, the same store Han Seo always went into during her vacant periods. Next to it was a bookstore, a new facility of comic books and the two were excited and planned to go there after buying food.

Han Seo got a drink instead as she lets Hye Yeon choose anything she wanted. Hye Yeon always picked bean jam buns so she got a bag of it. They got their food and they went inside the bookstore, getting a collection of comics as Han Seo got a VIP room reserved.

Inside, Hye Yeon and Han Seo ate and drank and read. Hye Yeon would sometimes imitate the characters and Han Seo joined her.

"My destined person..." Hye Yeon reached for Han Seo's face.

Han Seo knew that. But realizing that they were in a promo, the thought of that was almost impossible.

"Hye Yeon-ah..." Han Seo could only mumble.

"I know I'm just a junior in a promo but..." Hye Yeon inched closer. "...being with you was the best thing that had ever happened to me."

Han Seo smiled and showed Hye Yeon something. It was a manhwa and Hye Yeon wowed of the quality, from the plot to its content.

"This is cool. Who drew this?" Hye Yeon asked.

"I did." Han Seo answered.

Hye Yeon read it further and she noticed that it was a cartoon version of themselves. There was Han Seo, Jeong Mi, even Han Kyul. But what struck her was a unique drawing of a character.

"That's you, Hye Yeon." Han Seo said. "Although you are a junior, a woman of all ages of cartoon alike, I think your character should be like this."

Han Seo didn't transform but Hye Yeon did. Not only that, Han Seo saw life beyond her manhwa and she looked at Hye Yeon portraying the said character.

"Wow." Hye Yeon spoke. "I feel like...me. Not a junior ripping off other manhwa but a original character."

Han Seo felt a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Han Seo was shocked that her manhwa was updated and that it showed them in a cartoon kind of feel. Hye Yeon broke and looked at Han Seo adoringly.

"Han Seo-ya." Hye Yeon dropped the formalities. "I love you."

Han Seo felt that heartbeat. This part of the promo was almost inevitable but somehow, she felt the same. "Me too..."

Yeah...me too, Hye Yeon-ah...