Second

Phantasm | bts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Defeat Lucifer by summoning the seven angels."

Salve's words replayed on Cherub's mind over and over again, making her annoyed. Staring at her bestfriend's dead body which laid on one of the steel beds in a morgue, together with the other victims that the earthquake has killed including Shine's parents, Cherub crumpled her fists. She only has herself now.

"Don't worry about being alone, you have me. I promise to help you with all that I can." Salve suddenly spoke out of the blue, puffing out on the other side of the bed.

Cherub almost flinched since Salve's ghost was still scaring her. However, she was amazed at how her guardian angel was able to read her mind. Sighing, she pulled the white blanket up to cover her bestfriend's sleeping face.

"Cherub, you can not only give justice to your bestfriend but also the salvation of the humanity. Lucifer wants to rule the planet as well as making every one of you as his apostle. The day will come wherein the dead will be brought back to life, and those who's living will bow down to praise him." Salve stated.

Lifting her stare up to her guardian angel, Cherub spoke, "Enlighten me more." She said, her voice laced with sudden determination.

Salve smiled, knowing that she was already convincing the angels' summoner.

They exited the morgue as Salve continued to explain at her after she transformed into an invisible smoke, but her voice remained in Cherub's mind.

"The God of heaven has made the seven roots which will eventually grow as seven pairs of beautiful wings. Each wing has it's special abilities and powers which the bearer can use to defeat the enemy. God has made them for he has predicted that the King of Underworld, Lucifer, will be greedy enough to invade the earth which God has created."

Cherub nodded and hummed. "So the roots have grown and I just have to summon the bearers who are actually angels now?" She asked out loud, but realizing that she was talking to a guardian angel made her embarrassed enough to pull out her phone and act like she was talking to someone over the line. Weird stares were still on her.

"Not all the roots have grown as wings." Salve answered through her mind, still trying her best to get out of the hospital so she could have a private talk with her invisible friend.

"What? Then how can I summon them?" She whispered, crossing her brows.

"Out of seven roots, only two of them have grown as wings so you can summon them. And for the remaining five roots, you have to find their bearers first." Salve explained which creased Cherub's forehead.

She finally got out from the hospital so she ran to the nearby seaside where there were less people.

"If the two roots were already wings, then why did the remaining five roots weren't able to grow?" She asked, throwing her phone somewhere since she didn't have anyone to contact. It was already useless.

"It's either the bearer isn't aware of the roots or the roots got dormant that it needed something to trigger it to grow."

"How do I find them? Can't I just summon those two angels and forget the others?" She bombarded her with questions as she scratched her head. Just by thinking that she has to find the five bearers makes her sick already.

Sitting by the sand and letting the breeze blow her hair, Salve once again appeared on her side.

"You do not want to make God's creation turn to waste, Cherub." Salve reminded making her feel guilty.

"I'm sorry." She apologized immediately.

"And besides, the chance of Lucifer getting defeated is higher when they're complete."

Cherub nodded, understanding it bit by bit.

"Are the other five bearers human?" She asked and Salve nodded. "How do I find them when there's billions of people in the earth?"

"Just continue summoning them and it'll trigger the roots. Their symbols will glow when someone summons them."

Cherub turned her head to Salve, confusion written all over her face. "Symbol? How does it look like?"

"It's a sword with a pair of wings just below it's handle. Each of the bearers or angels have this symbol written at the back of their left shoulder."

Cherub hummed as she played with the cold water when it hit her feet.

"May I ask you something?" She mumbled.

"Ask away."

"You said that you are my guardian angel but... was it God who sent you to me for this kind of mission?" Cherub asked with pure curiosity.

Salve gave her a small smile before sighing and looking at the enormous horizon.

"Well to be honest, I voluntarily asked God to be your guardian angel and to guide you with this mission." She stated and turned to Cherub who was first looking at her. "Cherub, I was the first to bear the seven roots and was assigned by God to designate it but I failed. An evil was fast enough to find me. But since I wasn't fully aware of my abilities, the evil has killed me easily but fortunately, he wasn't able to destroy the roots so they were scattered everywhere like how every dragonball was dispersed."

Cherub chuckled a bit at how Salve described it.

"And since I failed that time, I want to be the one to guide the summoner and that's you, Cherub."

"Why... me?" She asked, pointing at herself, her voice laced with mixed curiosity, worry and doubt.

"If you meant why were you chosen... It's because, God knows your mom and she wants you to be the instrument for the salvation of the earth."

"My mom?" Cherub breathed out, her eyes widening.

Salve nodded. "We won't know. One of the angels may help you see her up there in the heaven."

Cherub chuckled, seeing a small turtle which the sea has pushed near her foot. "Why don't you help me instead?" She asked her guardian angel as she pet it's shell.

"I can't go back to heaven unless you finish your mission."

The edges of Cherub's lips fell not because of Salve's answer but because of the turtle's wound which she has noticed. Her hand glowed once again when it touched the turtle's injured leg, healing it in just a matter of second.

She smiled at how the turtle was able to move back at the sea easily, not struggling with its injury anym

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter