First

Phantasm | bts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dark clouds which brought heavy rains have shifted sluggishly to the nearby town, an aesthetic rainbow replacing the skies. The sun scintillated the clouds as it gave enough heat to dry the roads and houses' roofs. A droplet sparkled before it finally fell off from a beautiful flower's petal.

As she was humming the tune of the music she was listening through her earphones, Cherub avoided water puddles by the streets, afraid of getting her white sneakers dirty. She walked confidently, ignoring the stares she was getting by the bypassers who were astonished of her angelic aura and face. Although it was uncomfortable for her most of the times, she was still trying to get used to it. She has got her mother's features anyways so she has to blame her in the next life. In fact, her mother named her after her looks which resembles a little angel when she was born, hours before she died due to fatigue.

Cherub didn't get a chance to know and see her father so her grandma kept her when her mother died. But eventually, she has also left Cherub when she was 15 and joined her mother in the heaven. She has been living independently for 6 years already. Standing up for her own to reach her dream as an aspiring writer, she was striving really hard.

Cherub stopped walking abruptly, her brows knitting as she glared at the person who playfully pulled the back of her hoodie, revealing her jet black hair,  which was falling freely to her shoulders, her fringe bouncing against her brows.

"Yow! What's up, girl!" Her bestfriend greeted her with a full smile on her lips but Cherub continued on glaring at her which she just shrugged off.

"Seriously?! You don't have to remove my hoodie, crazy woman." She  uttered, rolling her eyes at her own bestfriend. She then wore her hoodie again and continued on walking, leaving her bestfriend dumbfounded.

She cooed as she followed her. "Woah~ Someone's having a bad day eh?"

"Not until I saw your face."

"Don't worry. My day has just ruined the moment I saw you walking before me." Her bestfriend spat back.

"Yeah." They both chuckled.

"Funny how you look so angelic and how your name sounds but your attitude says otherwise." She commented which Cherub has grinned at her.

"Same to you. Funny how bright your name is when your attitude says otherwise as well, Shine." Cherub giggled.

"Well that was how we became bestfriends."

"Indeed."

"So what are you going to do for today?" Shine asked, softly pulling her bestfriend to the sideway since she was walking unconsciously towards the street alreaady.

"I don't know... Read or watch maybe?" She shrugged, pulling one of her earphones.

"Aren't you going to write? Hey! I'm still waiting for the book you were writing!" Shine exclaimed, playfully hitting Cherub's arm.

She chuckled. "I'm having an author's block. I need some motivation for today."

"How about we have a movie marathon?" Her bestfriend suggested, grinning from ear to ear.

"Well that sounds great!"

Shine giggled. "Resident Evil; The Final Chapter?"

"Underworld?"

"Doctor Strange?"

"Fallen?"

"Fantastic Beasts?"

"Okay! Let's spend the day watching those!" Cherub concluded.

"Leggo!~" Shine excitingly said as they ran together but being a clumsy human she was, Shine tripped on a rock, wounding her left knee.

•••

"I have to admit that you do act like an angel most of the times." Shine commented as Cherub cured her wound.

"It's because you always choose to see the negative sides of me." She answered in a matter of fact tone.

"Well I just want you to know how I accept every flaws of you."

Cherub froze for a bit before she lifted her stare up to her smiling bestfriend. "You sound like a cheesy boyfriend."

Shine chuckled as she scooted to the side when Cherub finally hopped in her bed, laying by their stomach and a laptop in front of them.

"Speaking of boyfriend, when are you planning to get one?"

"How do I get a boyfriend when no one's coming?" Cherub asked back.

"Eh?" Shine disdained. "No one? Are you blind enough to not notice how every man likes you?"

"They're just after my looks. I don't need them." Cherub answered flat, clicking on a site which contains the movies they were about to watch.

"Well not until you get to know them."

"I don't have time."

Shine exhaled, galling at her bestfriend. "Cher, you're 21 already and I really think you need someone to be with you. I mean... You only have me now."

Cherub stopped scrolling through the movies and stared intently at her. "Why? Are you planning of leaving me? Are you getting tired of me already?"

Shine's eyes widened slowly and shook her head. "No! Of course not!" She chuckled awkwardly. "It's just that... I'm worrying for you. You're living alone here in your apartment and you can't just be like this forever. You know I cannot be with you all the time."

Cherub gave her a smile. "You don't have to overthink about me. I just don't want to rush everything. I've been living with myself for 6 years now, remember? The right person for me will come in the right time." She winked at her bestfriend.

"Yeah, right." Shine uttered, surrendering. "Just tell me that you're only wishing for a fantasy-like lovelife."

"You know me well."

•••

The wind was strong enough to blow Cherub's hair, her eyes narrowing, barely seeing where she was. She stepped her foot forward but she felt nothing under it so she fell freely.

She screamed out, diving the wind which was blowing stronger. She opened her eyes and saw how high she was from the ground. The skies were gray and the place was deserted. From below was a highway but there were no cars nor any kinds of vehicles.

Cherub closed her eyes once again and just waited for her fall. But before her body could hit the ground, an arm grasped her waist and swung her back against the wave of the wind.

Her eyes were still closed when she heard a flapping sound.

Opening her eyes slowly, she saw that she was being carried by a winged man. She rubbed her eyes but no matter how much she try to look, the winged man's face was really blurry.

She looked down and saw how the winged man defied the gravity by flying skillfully that she have to hold at him tighter for her own safety.

Cherub was starting to enjoy the ride with the winged man when a loud bang suddenly echoed in her ears. Just then, the winged man groaned in pain when one of his wings got strucked at something painful, making it injured and unable to flap again.

Another bang echoed again as the both of them started to fall. Cherub screamed as the winged man tried to flap his wings faster but he just groaned in pain.

Gravity pulled the both of them as Cherub finally fell to the grou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter