PROLOGUE

Phantasm | bts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can't remember being drunk last night but why does my head hurt like hell?

I groaned in my sleep and tugged my own hair. The sun burnt my lids which made me even more pissed. Grumpily, I kicked the blanket down and swung my feet down the floor, losing my balance for a bit as I stood up. My head was still throbbing in pain while I take the direction to the bathroom.

I squeezed my eyes shut as my hands looked for a support on the either sides of the sink. I breathed heavily and massaged my temple, my hand accidentally hitting the faucet on.

I let the water drip straight to the hole. Heaving out a sigh, I opened my eyes and started to wash my face. But I stopped for a sudden when my head throbbed in pain once again.

I groaned, my knees feeling weak as I collapsed on the cold tiles. I tried to endure the agony until I felt it ran down my nerves, travelling my whole system. My heart rate increased, giving my body a heat I haven't experienced before.  I can feel my muscles throb against my skin. The whole feeling was... weird. Definitely weird.

I opened my eyes which were almost teary. Even my eyeballs felt hot. The pain has subsided but my breathing was still unstable.

I pressed my back against the white wall and brushed my hair away from my face. But I flinched at the sudden cold contact when my hand touched my skin.

With my furrowed brows, I stared at my hand, only to see a glowing water dancing over my palm.

My eyes widened as I swallowed. I must be dreaming.

I closed my hand, the glowing water then disappeared. I released a relieved sigh when I thought that it was just an imagination but no. I opened my hand again and the glowing water reappeared, swirling and playing with the spaces between my fingers.

I lifted myself up and stood in front of the mirror. My face was in a pure shock when I saw my eyes turned to gray. The sides of my cornea glowing lightly. I widened my eyes, leaning closer to the mirror to have a clearer look of my eyes. I am not wearing any lenses but I can see little lights in different colours swaying and dancing inside my pupil.

What the hell is happening to me?

Confusion was all over me and so was worry. What if this was a kind of a disease?

I stormed out of my room, banging the door close hardly. I was about to come down the stairs when I felt my vision twisted, making me hold unto the railings. With heavy steps, I walked down the stairs making it crack.

I widened my eyes at how the cemented stairs broke at my single step. Taking another step, my foot suddenly made a sinkhole so I had to grab a hold of the railings to prevent myself from falling. I gasped for an air, looking down at the deep sinkhole. I closed my eyes and wished that everything would go back to its place.

I was loosing my strength and I felt like breaking my hold to the railings. I puffed my cheeks and opened my eyes slowly, seeing how the ground go back to its places little by little, resembling back to stairs. Still confused of what was happening, my feet touched the carpeted stairs, descending on it as if nothing has happened.

The house was unusually quiet. My Dad wasn't on the living room to watch WWE. My brother wasn't playing his video games. My mom...

My mom...

My nose crinkled as I smelled something burning.

"Mom?" I called out, dashing to the kitchen only to find out a burning stove, fire started to invade our kitchen slowly.

Seemed like I was alone in the house so I had no one to ask for some help. I calmed myself as I looked for the fire extinguisher. I frustratingly bit on my own lips when I found nothing and realized that I was just wasting time.

Just then, I realized how a glowing water danced on my palm a moment ago.

I spread my fingers wide to open my hand, but instead of water, a gust of fire sparked my sight.

I almost panicked. How am I supposed to use the fire in my hand against the fire burning the kitchen? Ironic.

Breathing out, I clenched my other fist. Before I could I close my hand, the fire over my palm then turned to a ball and sipped the fire on the kitchen, leaving it clear. The utensils and the kitchen cabinets seemed like weren't by the fire.

I widened my eyes and watched how the ball jailed the fire inside. As I calmed, the  ball of fire faded slowly.

I was still clueless of what was happening with me and I was so tired of thinking. I walked to the living room and slumped on the sofa but a loud thunder made me scream in horror. I clutched on my chest, feeling how my heart race by the sudden surprise.

I grabbed the remote to turn the television on but the lights went off, as well as the television which failed to turn on.

Great. The eletricity's down now.

Minutes earlier, the sun was shining brightly and now a storm was making the house dark and scary.

I sighed hard, rubbing my eyes to adjust my sight with the pure darkness that invaded the eerie house. And to my surprise, the moment I opened my eyes, I seemed to have a night vision.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter