Author's Note

A Rose's Curse
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello all! I am so so so so so thankful to everyone who has shown support for this oneshot I created, I will admit it took a while to write all of the content like it's near 19000 words- That is a lot dude! Anyway, I decided to create this little note after the story to try and answer some questions and also to explain further some of the plot points of this story as well as underlying secrets if you haven't gussed them already ; )

Firstly let's discuss the ending shall we? The ending to a few of you was a tad confusing; "Did he really lose his princehood?" "Why was Hwan transformed back?" "Was it just a test?". And to answer those questions shortly yes Baekhyun is still a prince, the arrangement that he must give up his princehood in order to bring back Hwan was purely a test. Because you need to remember that the sole purpose of Hwan transforming into a human was to teach Baekhyun to love, and this seemed to have been the enchantresses wish too. Because Baekhyun obviously fell in love with Hwan then that means the enchantresses plan worked, but transforming Hwan back into a rose that was to reinforce the idea that Baekhyun needs to appreciate things before they are gone since he was so accustomed to receiving gifts but disregarding them, only really adoring them for their worth, not how much he genuinely cared. That is why the enchantress created that final test for Baekhyun to see if he would give up something he thought he loved, like his princehood, for something he genuinely loved, Hwan. 

This leads me to my next explanation what exactly was the enchantresses arrangement? We know that she wanted Hwan to teach Baekhyun how to love, simple. But it is never explicitly mentioned what the terms and conditions of this plan are, and Baekhyun never asks for this to happen and the enchantress would never just choose Baekhyun and Hwan to be a part of this plan of hers for no reason. Well one of those reasons is Hwan wanted this. Hwan always was and always has been just an ordinary garden rose, so seeing humans each day lead her to yearn so depserately to move and have legs and to feel, and her desperation reached the enchantress which lead her to form the plan. Which she described to Hwan as she needs to teach Baekhyun to love if she wants to stay human, it is never specified how she needs to teach her this but from the beginning the enchantress had in mind that Baekhyun would find that love by falling in love with Hwan. It is told to Hwan that if she fails to teach him love she will turn back into a rose. Is there a time limit you ask? Well the time limit as said by the enchantress will need to be established by Baekhyun and like in the story Baekhyun agrees to give Hwan two months, so that is how long she has. We know however that the twist in the enchantresses plan is that when Baekhyun falls in love with Hwan however then she transforms into a rose, but Hwan believing she has failed since Baekhyun never told her in time didn't know any different.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter