Dance Lessons

Love at First Melody

 

The next day Sungjae raced down the hall to the practice room designated for dance lessons. Entering the door he spotted Changsub immediately. One thing Sungjae had noticed awhile back and that was Changsub had a habit of falling asleep anywhere. At the moment he was comfortably sprawled up against the back wall, his head hanging to the side lying against his right shoulder. Just then the dance instructor strolled in behind Sungjae clapping his hands loudly to get the attention from the scattered trainees in the room. Changsub opened his eyes, looked around dazedly and slowly got up from the floor. Sungjae discreetly maneuvered himself to where he was standing beside him hoping to go unnoticed but then Changsub glanced in his direction and nodded his head at his presence. Sungjae mentally shook his head. They spent the next two hours training on any new dance moves that were popular at the moment.

“Okay. Let’s take a break. Meet back here in 30 minutes,” the dance instructor ordered.

Changsub heaved a heavy sigh of relief at the instructor's announcement beside Sungjae. Sweat was beading at his forehead and trickling down his plump cheeks as he slowly walked back to the wall he had been sleeping against earlier and collapsed onto the ground from exhaustion. Sungjae observed that Changsub appeared to be planning on continuing his nap from earlier and decided that this was his golden opportunity.

Grabbing his bookbag while walking in Changsub’s direction Sungjae silently sat beside him. He reached in his bag and took out a bag of snacks that his mother packed for him everyday.

“Hyung, do you want some? They’re really good. My mom always buys them for me because they're my favorite.” Sungjae offered. Changsub appeared to not have heard him so Sungjae repeated his offer. “Hyung, did you hear me? Do you want some? There really good if I must say so myself?” Sungjae happily said. Changsub on the other hand looked unhappy.

“I’m not hungry. I just want to sleep.” he mumbled while turning his head away from Sungjae. Sungjae heart sank. He really wanted to get closer to Changsub but didn’t know how.

“Changsub-ah, where are you? Oh, there you are!,” an excited voice half yelled. A male trainee made his way over with a huge smile on his face. He was short compared to Sungjae and had noticeable cheekbones.

“ Hello there! What’s your name? I’m Eunkwang.” the new stranger introduced himself.

“Hello! I’m Sungjae. Yook Sungjae. Nice to meet you...Hyung, right?” Sungjae asked. This was his first time meeting Eunkwang but he liked him already. He had a friendly aura.

“I believe so. Hahaha...So, how do you know Changsub-ah?” Eunkwang asked.

“Oh, uh,...I don’t really. Ha ha...just know him because we are in the same dance class.” Sungjae looked over at the person in question. He was already asleep. Sungjae sighed.

Eunkwang noticed and chuckled. “Changsub likes to sleep. If given the opportunity he would probably sleep the whole entire day.”

“So I’ve noticed. Is there a time when he doesn’t sleep?” Sungjae muttered to himself but Eunkwang heard his question.

“Yes there is. When he is singing. He loves to sing just as much as he enjoys to sleep.”

“Hmm... I really wanted to ask him something but he fell asleep,” Sungjae said disheartenedly. He had been looking forward to having Changsub as his vocal tutor. He’d imagined it all night to the point that he didn’t really go to sleep and now it look like it was all for naught. He hung his head low with defeat. He could now feel the tiredness hitting him as a result of the sleepless night.

“You know what!?! If you really need to ask him something you should hang out with us. We are planning on hitting the noraebang tonight and Changsub is coming too. You can ask him then. Do you want to go?” Eunkwang offered.

Sungjae immediately raised his head, shaking it vigorously in assent. His energy had been restored and he was now anticipating the night ahead. He was getting his opportunity to ask Changsub to be his tutor while simultaneously getting another chance to hear his amazing vocals tonight. Eunkwang laugh out loud at Sungjae’s reaction.

“I like you! You’re a good kid.” Eunkwang said.”Guess we’ll see you tonight!” He was heading out the door as break was nearing the end and most of the trainees were slowly making their way back. The instructor was the last to enter clapping his hands once again to gather attention. And like before, the clap received Changsub’s attention as he too slowly got up and position himself for further dance lessons. Sungjae looked on planning his move of attack for tonight.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize for the long wait. My laptop is currently not working so I am currently using my tablet to write this which I am not used to...Please let me know what you think. I don't really think I'm good at dialogue when it comes to stories so please let me know if there is anything that I can improve in. :) I will try to get the next chapter up soon.