Pleasant Encounter

Baby, Let's Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The pub is getting more hectic as if it's peak time. People keep coming from the entrance, and find their friends or partners on the dance floor or counters. 

Inside, Moonbyul feels abit isolated since she is all alone - can't deny that she is intimidated by the surrounding. However, she doesn't totally feel comfortable. Since afterall, this is what she wants - small escape from everything. 

Taking another sip of her cocktail, she can feel presence behind her. Considering her profession as a police, she can sense things faster around her body - all alarmed. 

"Miss, may we join you?" Byul turns her head, and sees a guy standing next to her. Moonbyul scans around, and notices there's barely available seats left. Well, look at his built - he couldn't hurt her anyway. 

"Oh hey, yes sure." Byul then smiles at him, but her smile fades when she notices another petite figure behind him. What a petite couple. 

"Gosh, thanks. We thought we may not have places to sit." the guy burst into smiles, and proceeds to sit next to her with the other woman who looks very uneasy. 

 

After 10 minutes, there's a dead silence on the counter. Well, not because the pub is silent, but there's awkwardness in the air. Byul isn't sure whether the drink goes into or nose, but she doesn't feel that comfortable. 

The couple that came 10 minutes ago keeps whispering to each other. Not that Byul minds the affection, she just doesn't feel comfortable to experience that next to her. Maybe she did feel lonely abit. Wait, did the guy just peek at her, and whispered to the girl? 

Byul decides that maybe it's just an accident, and continues her drink . . . with awkward feeling of course. 

Again, she notices them peeking at her and whispering to each other again. What's wrong with this couple, really.

That's it.

"In case you need private space, I can move to the other table." Byul lets it out, in a polite way possible. 

"Oh no, miss. We do not need private space. B-by any chance, are you uncomfortable with us?" the guy tries to explain politely too. 

"OPPA! See? she's uncomfortable because you keep looking at her just now! I told you to mind behavior!" the other girl shouts at the guy, and Byul is surprised to find out that they are Korean. The short conversation they had so far was in English of course. She thought they are local people since they look like they live here. Wait what? so they just admit that the guy's been looking at her. Caught you! 

"Omo! Was I being obvious?" the guy turns to his partners and asks nervously.

"That's ok." Byul speaks back in Korean, and it puzzles the couple. 

 

"Y-you are Korean too?" the guy finally speaks after a short while. 

"Yes, actually." Byul tries her best to smile at them, and looks down at the drink. They could have been embarrassed, and she doesn't want the situation to be more awkward than it already is. 

"Nice to meet you! I am Baekhyun, and the short girl here is Wheein. How about you?" Baekhyun excitedly extends his hand to her, and Byul returns back nicely too. 

"Nice to meet you too! I am Moonbyul." she then continues "and I mean it. If you want private space with your girlfriend, I can go to the other table there." 

"Girlfriend? this short girl?" Baekhyun turns to bewilded Wheein, and smirks "Not in a million year." 

"I'd rather die than being your girlfriend!" Wheein explodes, and they starts their cute quarrel again. Byul chuckles at the sight. She just then starts to notice that Wheein is not ordinary, or typical Korean. There's unique vibe as she observes.

 

For the next 30 minutes, Byul finds it harder and harder to observe Wheein. Mainly because of what stand between them. Talkative Baekhyun. After learning that Byul comes from Korea, Baekhyun's been asking nonstop. Randomly. At first, it was about why she is here - then it's food - then it's beach - then it's activities here. She wonders where he gets such high energy from, but thanks to him, things get very comfortable among the 3 of them. Wheein on the other hand doesn't speak much. From time to time, their eyes would meet, and they would smi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter