Small Escape

Baby, Let's Escape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sigh. 

Moonbyul can hear a sigh from a certain person who is leaning at her door frame looking at her. The last thing that she wants is to negotiate again with her mother to sort out the trip again - companion for the trip, therefore, she just wants to focus on her packing. She doesn't even dare to look into her mother's eyes. 

As she keeps walking back and forth to pack her clothes, she can still hear her mother sigh for the nth time now. Sigh Sigh Sigh. 

"Honey, are you sure about this?" her mother finally speaks after standing there and looking at Moonbyul hopelessly for a good 30 minutes. Moonbyul stands still. Sigh.

"Mom, my flight is tomorrow. So, I am very sure about this." her mother goes silent for a few minute, and she starts again.

"But . . . "

"Mom, are we seriously talking about this again? I thought we already agree that I am going there. alone." Moonbyul then moves to sit on her bed and still packing her stuffs. Look like that's all for packing. Sufficient enough for a trip of 2 weeks. 

Moonbyul can sense that her mother is joining her on the bed now too and starting to convince once again, "I know, but . . . maybe Chanyeol can accompany you too. I just don't feel safe that you are going there alone, honey."

Moonbyul cannot believe her mother is worried about her safety or more like an excuse to convince her, "Did you forget that I am a police officer?" If it's was her friend, Moonbyul could have rolled her eyes. Her mother goes silent again as if she's trying to find more idea to convince.

"In case you are injuring or something, Chanyeol can help out alot too!" her mother smiles brightly at her, and holds Moonbyul's hands. 

If she's suffered from minor injury, she won't need to have a high profile surgeon to go on a trip with her just to cure her. Preventing herself from giving out snarky commen, "I've learned about first aids already. I don't have need a surgeon on a trip." she stands up, and zips her luggage. "And mom, no more convincing please. It's not working."

As her mother looks disappointed, she gives her mother a hug. "Don't worry, I can take care of myself." She can sense her mother is sighing again.

"Fine. There's nothing I can do then." Moonbyul smirks as she hears her mother give up on this. "but I have condition." she continutes, "You need to call him everyday. Video Call. I just want you guys not to lose track on each other, you know." 

"Gosh mom, you don't give up easily, do you?" Moonbyul pouts, and her mother pats her head. 

"Honey, you inherits that DNA from me. We do not give up easily." she smiles at her daughter. Not sure if she should be proud to handle a stubborn daughter who is pretty much similar with her. "And do not ever think of not following! I will track you from Chanyeol." Moonbyul groans.

 

 

Moonbyul can't never understand her parents. They are really not patient at all, and wants things to get done as fast as lightning. It's only been 6 months since she starts dating Chanyeol, but they already talks about their future kids' names. From Moonbyul's perspective, they don't understand what baby step means. 

 

However, it isn't easy for Chanyeol as well. His father and her father are co-workers. Close co-workers in police department. They have been working together for decades, and when they learns about Moonbyul and Chanyeol, they are so impatient to produce results. Yes, by that it means marriage, and having kids. 

 

Moonbyul would always feel nauseated whenever they come together and talk about these things. She's pretty much pressured. As a strong independent woman, she is not ready for settling down that early yet. She's only 23, and she still can do so much more. From her mother's fantasy, they expect her to be a housewife once she's married with Chanyeol. At such awkward topic, Moonbyul would always quietly leave the discussion. 

 

Chanyeol wise, all he does is smiling in such situation. He never disagrees, and goes along the talks with the elders. Well, he's a nice guy with manner. Moonbyul thinks of him as flawless because there's nothing he is bad at. Look, Skills, Knowledge are all 100 points. She wonders how one can be so perfect and flawless. That's the image that she loves about him. Only guy like this appears in Drama or Manga, but well, Chanyeol proves otherwise. But maybe that's why she's pressured to be with him. And maybe that's why she couldn't feel much excitement and crazy drive from their modest relationship (introduced by her father and his father). Luckily, her job is there to help her surviving. Her everyday activity is always challenging, crazy and unexpected. She loves the job so much. 

 

Recently, things have become more and more serious, that's why she wants a small escape from all of the pressure. I am not ready. At all.

 


**************

 

 

Today is the day. 

Moonbyul never feel this super excited to ge up in the morning because today, she knows there's a small escape for her. It's been a long time that she sings in the shower, but she does it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter