Don't You 'Bae' Me

Don't You 'Bae' Me

“Good mornig, Bae!”

That was such a familiar voice. Of course it’s Kim Junmyeon. His smile was as bright as the morning sun. He waved at me while leaning on his car bumper. He gave me a ride home yesterday after we bumped into each other at the park. Here he is now.

“Really? ‘Bae’? Don’t you ‘Bae’ me.” I said.

He grinned, putting his hands in his jacket pocket, “Well, that is your surname, isn’t? So there is nothing wrong with it.”

“Why are you here exactly?” I asked him. We stood facing each other now.

“Picking you up of course.” He grinned again. This time plus ran his fingers through his hair.

“Well, I did not ask you to pick me up. So thank you, Sir. Have a nice ride to the university and I’ll take the bus.” I waved at him and left. Rude. I know.

“Uh-uh,” Junmyeon grabbed my arm and dragged me to stand facing him again, “Junmyeon’s order, no rejection.” he said.

I snorted, “Who are you ordering me around?”

“Oh me?” he pointed at himself, “I am Kim Junmyeon, your savior,” he added with a dramatic voice, “I have come to save you so you don’t have to use your money to take the bus and I will give you a free ride instead.”

I laughed. This dude is ridiculous.

“Now get in please,” he dragged me towards the passenger seat then opened his car’s door, “Please.” he pointed at the seat politely.

“No,” I shook my head, “I’ll take the bus. I’m fine though reall—“

“Ever heard of ‘appreciation’, Bae Juhyeon?” he cut me off.

“Well of course. What are you talking about?”

“Then do it,” he said, “Appreciate me. I drove here and offered you a ride but you turned me down? That is rude.”

“But—“

“Get in or I will call you ‘Bae’ out loud when we bump into each other at univesrity.”

“Whoa you threaten me now.”

“Just get in for the love of—“

“Okay, okay.” I giggled and entered his car. It’s really fun, teasing him.

“WHOA what are you doing?!” I snapped when he bent down towards me.

“Relax, miss. Just putting your seatbelt on here.” he said.

“I won’t escape though.” I said, half holding my breath.

“Who knows?” he smirked.

***

“Wanna play a game?” he said when we’re already halfway to the university.

“No. Please just drive.”

Of course he is not Kim Junmyeon if he listened to me. As expected, he pulled over.

“What are you doing? I’m running late.” I groaned.

“Relax, it’s a quick game. Kind of. Just five me 20 minutes all right?”

I sighed, “All right, go ahead then.” I probably would never made it to the university if I didn’t let him play his game.

“See that bus stop over there?” he pointed at one accross the street, I nodded, “Let’s guess the number of people who will get off the bus. If you can guess correctly for three times, you win. And of course the will be a prize for the winner,” he smirked, “And if I win, I want your phone number.”

“WHAT?”

“Oh come on don’t give me that look,” he giggled, “It’s a fair bet. Tell me what you want as your prize.”

“Fine,” I snapped, “I want you to— to..... um.....” Junmyeon’s eyes widened while waiting for my answer, “to treat my meals starting from breakfast to dinner. And bruch, also. And snack. And everything related to food.” I giggled.

An awkward pause.

“Uh... why?” I finally asked.

He bliked, “I thought you’re going to ask me to not to see you again. Because that is basically the thing you always asked for.”

“But I didn’t.” I said, smiled at him.

He chuckled, “Yeah,” and smiled back, “Yeah, you didn’t.”

“Well let’s start the game then.”

First bus.

“Two people!” I shouted.

“Four people!” Junmyeon shouted.

Two people got off the bus.

Juhyeon 1-0 Junmyeon.

Second bus.

“Three people!”

“One person!”

One person got off the bus.

Juhyeon 1-1 Junmyeon.

Third bus.

“Two people!”

“Three people!”

Three people got off the bus.

Juhyeon 1-2 Junmyeon.

“Final round,” Junmyeon said, “You are so dead.”

“I am not. And this won’t be the final round.”

Fourth bus.

“One person!”

“Two people!”

I should’ve scored another point when I saw one person got off the bus, but Junmyeon then yelled ‘YAY!’ happily as he saw another person got off the bus.

Juhyeon 1-3 Junmyeon. He won.

“I won!!!” he said, “Phone please, loser.”

“Dammit!” I took my phone and handed it to him.

He typed his number on my phone and pressed the call button. His phone then rang. He grinned as he pressed the reject button.

“Bae.Ju.Hyeon.” he said, spelling my name as he typed it on his phone.

“What should I name my number in here, Bae?” he asked while holding my phone.

I sighed, “Whatever you want. And please don’t ‘Bae’ me.”

“Okay.” he said, giggling. He typed something then handed me back my phone.

“Oh wow the loser is sulking.” he teased me.

“Shut up and get me to the university.”

He stayed still.

“Please?” I added.

“There you go, sweet girl. Don’t worry, you savior right here will take you to the university safely. Off we go.”

***