The Real Story Goes

Oh, Boy!

It was all started when we, I and Seulgi, had special appearance for Irene Unnie's Music Bank. I and Seulgi were appeared as special MCs. And as you all know, that was the day of GOT7's comeback with “If You Do” song.

 

 

 

 

Joy raised her hand, “Wait a minute, Wendy Unnie!” Everybody was looking at Joy. “So... We are talking about this guy for real?? You and him?? GOT7's Mark??”

 

“Well, I... I only-“

 

“Yes, we are talking about him right now. Please be quiet for a while, let Wendy tell us the real story,” Irene suggested, “Continue your story, Wendy-ya.”

 

 

 

 

“Wendy-ya, I'm nervous!” said Seulgi to me.

 

What? Hell yeah, I was nervous as well!

 

“Try to relax, Teddy Bear, it's the right moment to show to our fans that we are capable enough for MC job-hahahahaha...”

 

I was trying to be funny but I saw Seulgi's hands were trembling. Well, mine too. But... everybody should have experienced it too for many times in their life, right?

 

“Okay, that's our cue, let's go, Wendy-ya!” said Seulgi to me.

 

And there he was. Standing between s.

 

“1-2-3, Come and Get It, It's GOT7” they greeted us.

 

“Happiness~ It's Red Velvet!” I and Seulgi greeted them back.

 

He looked at me. I looked at him. He smiled to me. I smiled to him. Then, our camera director gave us another cue to stand by and we recorded their comeback corner.

 

Well, as a host, of course we have to share eye contact to our guests, right? Just the normal thing when you talk to somebody. So I did and... he did that too for couple times to me I guess. But I was so embarrassed. Remembering the fact that we had met each other before on non working hours. I was feeling a bit awkward at first, but I still could handle it very well.

 

After had finished the recording, I and Seulgi headed back to MCs corner and they headed to stage. We separated. But they still had to wait for their turn because of other group's performance.

 

When I and Seulgi were reading the script for next performer, I had to go to the toilet. I didn't feel quite healthy that day. I was having a digestion problem.

 

 

 

 

“Ah, that was right! I remember now how much you had to endure the pain back then...” Seulgi Wendy's back. “You worked well...”

 

The girl smiled and nodded.

 

“Unnie, what had happened after you went to the toilet?” asked Joy.

 

 

 

 

Well, I met so many seniors on my way and I greeted to them all, but I thought I was alone. When I entered the toilet room, there was really no one. So I had no idea until I got out. He was about to enter the gents toilet. Feeling awkward and shy at the same time, I greeted him first. Anyhow he is still our senior, right? He greeted me back and just got in.

 

Nothing happened. Just a normal thing, you know. I made my wayback to Seulgi and continued my reading. But on my halfway there, I heard someone was calling out my name.

 

 

“Wendy-ssi!”

 

I looked back and I was right. It was him. He was alone and approaching me. “Oh, hi!” I said to him.

 

“I thought you dropped this?”

 

“Oh, Boy, my clip on mic! How can I drop it?? Thank you so much, Senior...”

 

He was smiling to me and said, “You can just call me 'Mark', you know. I will always find myself weird when someone call me ’Senior’ or ‘Oppa’...”

 

I smiled to him back, “Yeah, you're right. I find myself awkward too when someone calling me 'Senior' since Red Velvet is just 1 year old right now...”

 

We laughed together.

 

“Suppose you are in U.S.A, huh? So, you don't quite familiar with senior and junior thingy here...”

 

“Be my guest, I have enough fans calling me 'Oppa' and they always make me end with red blushes all over my face,” he said explaining to me.

 

I looked at him weirdly. I mean, what did he say? Red blushes?? He seemed getting my idea and tried to explain once more to me.

 

“I meant, shy.”

 

I laughed creepily. That moment was too awkward to explain. Don't even try asking me about it later.

 

“Don't you sometime feel the same? Or is it just me?” he asked me.

 

“I'm Korean though, so this thing is a common for me...”

 

“That's good for you, then... Well, suppose I go back with my members, we'll be on stage.”

 

“Oh, good luck for your performance! Fighting!”

 

“Thank's! Good luck for your MC recording too!”

 

 

Then we parted our way.

 

 

 

 

“That's it??” complained Yeri to Wendy. “There should be another story, right??”

 

Wendy shook her head. She was so embarrased. Her cheeks kept blushing in red.

 

“Eyy... You lie to us, don't you?” Seulgi threw another complaint. “I don't believe it.”

 

Wendy defended, “No, it was true, you Girls! That was the real and honest version!”

 

Joy got a clue, “No way, she lies to us! Irene Unnie, you said that they met again at the backstage, so you should be the only eyewitness of this, right?”

 

Everybody looked at Irene whom leaned her head to Seulgi's left shoulder. The eldest nodded.

 

“Great, well then tell us the next story, Unnie...” asked Yeri.

 

Irene smiled widely when Wendy's smile was fading away.

 

I am so dead...

 

“Well... I didn't know the part they met first on their way from the toilet rooms...” Irene began her story.

 

Wendy sighed. This is going to take the whole day to explain... God... what should I do?

 

“It's okay, Unnie, then we can trust the toilet part, now we only need to trust the backstage part.” Seulgi was excited to hear the last part from Irene.

 

“Okay,” Irene approved.

 

 

 

 

So, when GOT7 Guys had done their comeback performance, I and Bogum-ssi were getting ready for next recording. They walked down the stage and supposed to head back to their waiting room. But I saw one of them, whom was Mark, went to the other corner.

 

At first I thought he was waiting for s or something, but it was nothing than to tie his sneakers. And that moment, I saw her, Wendy. Out of nowhere, so I managed myself to stick close to them before they realized it...

 

 

“Oh, hi! We meet again,” Wendy greeted Mark first.

 

That guy bowed quickly to Wendy and even smiled widely to her. “Yeah, we meet again. Hi?” he raised his right hand.

 

Wendy smiled back to him shyly. “What are you doing here?” he asked her.

 

She chuckled and answered, “My clip on mic. I dropped it again. I thought I might find it here...”

 

He laughed a little then started to help her. “How come you always drop something, Wendy-ssi?”

 

Wendy shook her head, “I don't know either why I'm being sloppy nowadays. Tell me?” Mark giggled. “What?” asked Wendy curiously.

 

“Sloppy means human being. That's a normal thing, Wendy-ssi..” he replied almost in whisper.

 

Wendy smiled and whispered back, “Oh My God, you're so right...”

 

“Sorry, I'm just wondering anyway. You should've answered me like this, 'since it's a wireless clip on mic so I lose it easily'...” he said while looking at her.

 

Wendy blushed in red. She seemed confuse that time. I wonder why?

 

 

 

 

“Actually, I was more in embarrassment.” Wendy confessed.

 

Joy furrowed her eyebrows, “Ehh... why would you be?”

 

Wendy was about to give her answer but, once again, got cut off by Yeri. “She is in love! What else would that be?? Kyaa~ So happy~”

 

“It's not like that!” Wendy exclaimed.

 

“Then you must've been really hate him that much?” asked Seulgi.

 

Wendy hesitated to give her answer. She knew Seulgi might throw a trap behind the question. Wendy slightly shook her head. “How can I hate him? He is just-“

 

“Cute?” Joy cut in.

 

Wendy hung . “No!” she denied, “I was going to say... he is just-“

 

“Handsome!”

 

“Yeri-ya, could you please let me?” Wendy sighed to the giggling youngest.

 

“Okay, let's hear Wendy's excuse about this. Why would you feel that way?” asked Seulgi.

 

Wendy took a deep breath. “Have you ever felt like... you keep hearing your favourite song in a perfect timing for on and on not just in your mind but even in your heart when you don't play it with your song player?”

 

Irene-Seulgi-Joy-Yeri could only give Wendy a blank expression. “What the... are you talking about?” Seulgi asked in a desperate tone. She completely didn't get Wendy's saying and impatient about it, “What is in perfect timing and what song are you talking about?? 'The Weeknd' you fall in love with recently or what??”

 

Irene-Joy-Yeri laughed out loud. “You won't understand, Seulgi-ya. She has fallen in love!” explained Irene.

 

“Hardly,” Joy added.

 

“She has??” Seulgi couldn't believe. She was more like shock than disbelieving it.

 

“Daebak, Unnie! I knew it! Kyaa~ So happy~” Yeri teased The Canadian Member.

 

The teased member could only hide her blushing face. And stay in 'silent mode : on'.

 

“Anyway, Wendy Unnie, what song did you keep hearing that time?” asked Joy.

 

“Ooh, I know this one! It was 'The Weeknd' right? 'Can't Feel My Face'. You love that song recently and keep playing it whenever we are.”

 

“I don't think it's that one, Seulgi-ya.”

 

“Then what is it, Baechoo Unnie?”

 

“What was it, Wendy-ya?”

 

Everybody looked at Wendy. The girl still didn't answer. She looked so nervous. But she wanted to answer it. She was only... embarrassed. “Do you Guys know...” she started whispering, “An eternal love song titled 'I've Finally Found Someone' by Bryan Adams and Barbara Streissand?”

 

All in silence. “Bryan who?” Yeri was the first to put a question.

 

“You haven't been born yet, it's normal if you don't know the song anyway, Yeri-ya...” whispered Wendy.

 

“Hell, Wendy-ya, I don't even know that love song either!” Irene looked at Wendy still with her dumb expression. She got Wendy's saying that as the eldest of all, she should be one of whom recognize the song.

 

“Arrghh, you Guys! I can't believe that none of you know about this legendary love song!” Wendy frustated.

 

“Ha! Finally you admit it that you have fallen in love with Mark of GOT7, right?? That is the whole point!”

 

Wendy dropped her jaw. She didn't realize until Joy brought it up.

 

“OMG! You're so right, Joy Unnie! I Love You~” cheered Yeri while hugging the older girl beside her. They happily teased Wendy and hugged each other so lovey dovey. But then... “NO, I don't want your smooch!” Yeri squealed as Joy was trying to give her a peck on left cheek. The youngest girl struggled to hold Joy's face which aiming her cheek. Joy only meant to tease back the youngest.

 

“I'll help you, Joy-ya, this girl needs to take her lesson so she won't kidd at us again!” chuckled Seulgi. She pushed Yeri's head toward Joy and laughed happily. Yeri squealed another high pitch.

 

Irene was the only one who lost interest and looked back at Wendy. “Silly kids. Don't even get bothered. Just ignore them and you better go into your room before they realize it. Don't forget to lock your door, so they can't break it through. And give call back to that guy, Mark-ssi. I believe he's waiting for your call.”

 

Wendy was touched by Irene's idea. She hugged the eldest quickly and ran into her room. Following all the suggestions that Irene gave before. Locked herself in the room then checking how she looked like in front of the mirror.

 

“You can do it, Wendy, you can do it! Let's make a phone call. BTW, you're looking good already, yass!” she said after restyling her blonde long hair in front of mirror. She even redo-ed her messy front bang. She suddenly felt nervous like she was going to on stage. After spent sometime to check her look, she felt like her confidence was up high enough. But then she was like, “Why am I acting like this?? It's not like he's gonna see you through the phone call! Urgh, Wendy! You are just gonna make a simple phone call the way like Irene Unnie said earlier anyway. Gosh.. why am I so stupid??” she self-blamed herself again.

 

Wendy unlocked her screen phone. She found a message symbol and 1 missed call symbol.  Her heart was thumping faster as she read the message. Which in 3/4 English and 1/4 Korean.

 

‘Hello(Korean)? I hope I'm not bothering you. Just wanna say hi and... can I call you sometimes? Only if you don't mind, I totally understand. Umm... I guess I(Korean)... Umm... Have a nice day(Korean), ppyung(Korean)! ;-)’

 

Wendy smiled. She thought the sender of the message was so cute!

 

“What should I do now??” she mumbled to herself. She was thinking quite long. Like in 5 minutes long. “Reply his message first, okay, you can do it since it's not your first time replying his messages, urggh... why am I acting this way again?? So awkward, it's not like you, Wendy, ahh... really...”

 

She would always find herself awkward the moment she thinking about him. The Flying Member of GOT7, Mark Tuan. She still didn't know the reason clearly that time. She even wondered to herself, how come she couldn't think him as one of her bunch boyfriends just like she used to be back in Canada.

 

She was cool with her senior like Henry of Super Junior-M and even Chen of EXO-M. Well, she did know about his fangirls and some of them noticed that other fans would pair her up with him. And some didn't like it. She was scared with those reactions.

 

“You're not even gonna date him like obviously, OMG, what the hell, just hit it already, Wendy!” she blamed herself again for hesitating.

 

She tapped ‘call back’ symbol and there was his ringback tone she heard. It was ‘If You Do’.

 

“Where is he? Is he busy?” she mumbled impatiently because of the fact the ringback tone had been playing for a minute. She was going to hang up, then suddenly...

 

“Hello?”

 

Oh, Boy, it's him! she screamed in her mind. And sealed in silence.

 

“Hello? Wendy-ssi, are you there?” the other voice seemed worry.

 

“Ah, yes, I am here! Hello!” said Wendy boldly.

 

“H-h-hi~” his voice was so sweet. Eventhough he was kind of cracked with a little stutter earlier.

 

“Hi-for-you-too...” while Wendy was too clearly nervous.

 

Silence. In 30 seconds.

 

“Mark, are you busy? Am I in the wrong time?” Wendy found things to be talked in English.

 

“No, you're not! I'm not busy. I'm in... um... the middle of our comeback practice break. We'll be in Inkigayo soon. How about you?” he replied back in English.

 

“Yeah, we have day off today. But, tonight we'll be on  a radio show.”

 

“You will? Oh, what time will it be? Just in case... when we go home later... so I can hear your swee-ah-your radio show during my way...”

 

Silence again.

 

“Wendy-ssi?”

 

“Oh, yeah, sure! I and Seulgi will be on air around 10.00 p.m. Will you... really listen to our radio show? Kind of... late...” Wendy was doubting him.

 

“I will when my schedule has finished.”

 

She slightly gasped. “Really?? Thank you... But, WHY?”

 

“I... I can't hear your voice? You don't allow me to?” Mark felt like dumbfounded.

 

Wendy realized it and got panic attack. “NO!” she jolted, “I was just..  I mean I... you will be on your wayback after practice, right? So I think you'll be too tired... That's why I think if you want to sleep right away, why won't you do it?”

 

“Hahahahaha...” Mark laughed, “I... I like hearing your voice. Remember?”

 

Wendy blushed in red. Even when she knew Mark wouldn't notice it. She took a deep breath. To ease her nervous.

 

“Are you okay?” Mark eventually heard her breathing sound.

 

“Y-yes, I'm fine! I like you-I mean I like your idea! Anyway... um... you're sweet. I mean... I know sometime I can be really talkative... I'm sorry when I was being like that...” she had too much stutters.

 

Mark giggled again. “Why would I? I like hearing people chat with each other. And... I like hearing your talks. Haven't I said this before? Or... Have I?”

 

“Oh, Boy...” she whispered to herself. Wendy felt like she was choked for some reason. But she couldn't understand the exact reason for it. She was too nervous. And she found another way to dodge it, “Mark-ssi, why-why did... um... why did you call me earlier?”

 

Mark was in silence for 5 seconds then he said, “I called you because you didn't reply my message. I... I guess I was... a little worried. About you.”

 

Wendy felt butterflies in her stomach. “Oh, thank you...” she said, “But you're the one who is still doing comeback, right? Don't forget to take right away rest when you finish your schedule and always drink a lot of water with vitamins. You'll really need it. And the last is... do not forget to take 3 times meal in a day. Never do them later, if you start feeling hungry go grab something to eat. Bakeries will be the best for this winter...”

 

Mark giggled.

 

“Sorry, did I sound like nagging you?” She might too sounded like how she used to be with her members. Being the 'mother like' role for Red Velvet before Irene.

 

“No, of course, not. You... you are sweet and caring, Wendy-ssi. I was touched.” Mark's voice was clear enough.

 

“You were?” she didn't believe it.

 

“Yeah. Absolutely,” the guy replied right away to convince her.

 

“Okay,” said Wendy as her conclusion.

 

Both in silence. Wendy felt like she had to break the ice again before die in awkward.

 

“Mark?” she called the guy.

 

“Yes, Wendy?” the guy still responding fastly.

 

He made her hesitating for the next line. But then, “I have to go now.”

 

“Already? Where??” Mark was surprised to hear it.

 

Wendy chuckled shyly. “I have to get ready for my next schedule.”

 

“Oh, yes, sure!”

 

“Okay, maybe... I'll see you-ah-call you later?” Wendy bit her tongue slightly.

 

“I like that idea, let's meet tonight!” said Mark enthusiastically, “What do you think?”

 

“I have my radio schedule... Remember?”

 

“Can you meet me after?” the guy sounded enthusiast.

 

“I don't know... Probably too late for you to wait for me. Aren't you too tired already? I don't want you to get sick...”

 

Mark laughed. “I won't. Don't worry. I'll bring all my medicines when we meet. How about that?”

 

“I like that idea too,” said Wendy while giggling.

 

 

 

“Wendy-ya, where are you going?” asked Seulgi when she saw Wendy was about to leave to different direction with her.

 

“Oh, I've asked permission to Manager Unnie already, I have to go somewhere else tonight.”

 

Seulgi furrowed her eyebrows. “Where??”

 

“My relative's house nearby. It's okay, not too far from here either, I can manage to go there by myself.” Wendy tried to answer her friend in a very calm tone. Actually she was nervous half death!

 

How could she say to Seulgi that she was going to meet Mark of GOT7?

 

Seulgi would have gone crazy like Yeri, the youngest whom wanted Wendy and Mark be united as couple. Like a real dating couple.

 

“Alright, be careful though!” said Seulgi to her bestfriend, Wendy. Wendy nodded excitedly. “Bye, Wendy-ya...”

 

Wendy sighed a big relief. Seulgi would always be one of her bestfriends whom easily tricked. And Wendy had put a perfect excuse for what she did that night.