The Secret Night Date Goes

Oh, Boy!

“He said he would be here first. But now I don't see him...” Wendy mumbled to herself. She looked around. No one there but her. She felt uneasy in a sudden.

 

Just like the way she had felt when she met that guy for the first time.

 

“Ahh... what do I do now? Should I call him?” Wendy hesitated and kept playing with her handphone. She already had Mark's number on screen. All she needed to do was just tapping the call symbol. She looked around once more. That mini city park in front of apartment building was so empty. She felt uncomfort.

 

But then,

 

“Oh My God, what a sudden!” screamed Wendy when she saw a black shadow flying over her.

 

“Hi, Wendy!”

 

“Mark!” Wendy got even more startled that black shadow which flying was Mark. “You scared me! I thought a ghost was flying above me!” she said in English.

 

Not the welcome I expected though, said Mark in his mind. “What?? A ghost?? Me??” he said in surprised tone. And replied her with his English too.

 

Wendy chuckled. Mark smiled to her. “Honestly speaking, Mark, everytime you did that surprising entrance, I already had an uneasy feeling first. When I felt it and tried to guess it, then you would pop out of nowhere. Just like a ghost feeling. And that is so not nice, actually...” she complained to Mark whom she felt a bit different lately.

 

Mark's smile was wider than before. “You felt that way?? For real??” he asked while holding his laughter.

 

Wendy shyly nodded.

 

“That's the first time I hear this! For real!” Mark chuckled between his words.

 

Wendy felt that guy might get offended. “I'm sorry, Mark-ssi.”

 

Mark stopped his laughter. “No need to. Sounds funny to me. Ha-ha-ha, relax, Wendy-ssi...” He took a glance to Wendy who was still standing silently beside him. “Let's find a seat first. A very comfortable bench over there. What do you think?” Mark pointed a bench in front of children playground area.

 

Wendy smiled. They started walking side by side slowly. The bench they headed was pretty far.

 

“I've just realized this park has swings too by now after he pointed it out...” mumbled Wendy to herself.

 

“I know, right? You want to ride it later?” whispered Mark in all of sudden.

 

Made the girl gasped and blushed. “Oh, Boy! You heard me??” asked Wendy while putting her right hand to cover .

 

Mark smiled. “Of course, I did!” he answered, “You said it pretty clear beside me...”

 

“I was mumbling though...” Wendy just realized that there was no one else beside both of them in the spacious mini park. Made everything in sense that Mark could hear her mumbling.

 

Mark laughed again. “You are so funny sometimes, Wendy. Fun and spontaneous. These two words are definitely opposite me.”

 

“The opposite? You are?” Wendy seemed disbelieving Mark’s opinion.

 

“I am. All of my members said that I’m not that much fun because I’m too quiet. I don’t talk much and I do enjoy watching other people doing their things. Hearing them in conversations… I can’t help it but I’m enjoying it. You can say… I am such of human observer??”

 

Both Wendy and Mark suddenly chuckling together. Mark, the one that said those words, couldn’t help himself but laughing to his silly confession. Somehow he should feel sad about it, but when he saw Wendy was trying her best to hold her laughter, he finally joined chuckling together.

 

“That’s silly! In my opinion, you are awesome in your way though! You are the flying member of GOT7! How cool is that??” Wendy tried to cheer up the handsome guy beside her.

 

“Thank you…” he said and smiled back to her. Mark finally approached the bench first. He managed to dust off some snowflakes on the surface of the bench. “There you go, have your seat, Wendy-ssi.”

 

Wendy smiled and sit. She felt another butterflies again in her stomach. It made her heart thumping faster. She found an idea to distract it. “So, how's your mini album promotion going? All well?” she said almost in whisper since she still couldn't handle her heartbeat.

 

“Nice, thank you. Oh, by the way, I listened to your radio show too. You were with one of your member, Seulgi-ssi, right? The same girl who was being MuBank’s co-host with you.” Mark replied her.

 

“You really tuned in to our radio show?? Oh, thank you~” Wendy was touched upon hearing Mark's words.

 

“Yeah, I was in the middle of dance practice with members and we decided to take another break. So I took my phone, tried to listen to your radio show. Unfortunately, I got to listen to your voice in short time,” Mark described his situation two hours ago.

 

“And why was that?” Wendy seemed into his explanation about that. She suddenly was curious.

 

Mark noticed this. That was why he felt somehow uneasy to give his explanation. He hesitated for a while. But then he decided to just tell her. “I had an upset stomach, so I had to go to the toilet. When I came back, all of the members wanted to continue our practice. So, I didn't get the chance to listen to your sweet voice again.”

 

Wendy dropped her jaw slightly. She was unsure how to react. She felt funny a little and somehow sad about it. “Ahh...” She finally had a standart reaction based on Mark's reason.

 

“I'm so sorry, Wendy...” whispered Mark out of the blue. He seemed sad because he realized he shouldn't tell her the real whole story. Should have made up something a little bit.

 

Wendy was taken aback. “N-No! Why should you feel sorry? Actually, I feel a little funny after hearing your reason and somehow I manage myself to hold my laughter...” Wendy started giggling instead. She just wanted to comfort the handsome guy, Mark, who sat next to her. And she did.

 

Mark was relieved. Then he felt shy. “Silly, isn't it?” he chuckled. The two even started to laugh to each other. Seemed like they had a lot of fun that night since both of them were seen laughing and smiling to each other a lot.

 

Wendy remembered a thing, she stopped her laugh and back to her serious tone. “How is your stomach, now? Feel better already? You should eat something, it must be happened because you skipped your dinner, right?” Wendy asked the guy.

 

“Oh, I do feel better already, that's why I'm excited to be with you now! Can't you see??” answered him. But then he quick realized about words he had been spoken. Gosh! What did I just say?? “I-I mean, I'm really fine right now! If I was feeling unwell, I wouldn't be here to meet you, right? And I already ate my dinner. I even suggested my members to eat our dinner first before we practiced back.” Mark was still sounded too nervous.

 

Wendy nodded. “Alright, then. I just wanted to make sure since you're still in the middle of doing comeback promotions,” she explained.

 

“I... I just did what you told me on the phone...” Mark mumbled. He didn't want to say those words too clearly. He really followed everything Wendy told him during their last phone conversation. To take care of himself more.

 

Wendy surprised to hear it. “You really did?” she asked. Mark nodded. “I... I'm glad to hear it! It means I did good for you and your members, right?” Mark nodded again. “Nice...” Wendy mumbled to herself, “I do feel like I’m his manager too now. Gosh... that was so stupid!”

 

And Mark definitely heard it. “You're not, Wendy-ssi!”

 

Wendy jolted on her seat. “You heard me again??”

 

“Y-yes. Quite clearly. Everything you say, I can hear them.” Mark emphasized on 'I can hear them' by doing cute hand’s motion.

 

“You are cute-hahahaha!” Wendy laughed pretty hard. She couldn’t stand every time Mark did his cute motion. The handsome guy was too cute!

 

“Oh, by the way, I remembered you were doing rap for a kpop concert. I didn't know your rap was so good when you covered for Irene's part in 'Dumb Dumb'...” said Mark out of the blue.

 

“Did I??” Wendy seemed shock. She was worried about her rap before. Because she was usually as vocal line, then she had to cover Irene's rap that time. “What did you really think about my rap? I'd like to hear it from other real rapper though!” Wendy chuckled.

 

The tall and skinny guy smiled widely to her. “Perfect. Your rap was perfect. You sounded like a real rapper of the group. I'm serious!” praised Mark again.

 

“Thank you so much. Now I feel like wanting more rap part again...” whispered Wendy while looking away from smiling Mark.

 

“Want to hear one from me right now? I got one that sticks perfectly in my head lately. You can learn and practice it later when you’re home. So, your rap skill will improve even more...” offered him. He was still smiling.

 

Made Wendy froze for a while then realized. That wasn’t a bad idea at all actually. She smiled and just nodded to the idea.

 

“Alright! Hear these :

 

Hey Baby, everyone wants the pretty you

But you know that only I can handle you

You’re the only one, now trust me and follow me

Don’t doubt me, kick it with me now

 

GOT7 – Nice (Mark’s Rap Part)

 

What do you think?” asked the guy. He seemed like highly expecting Wendy’s opinion.

 

Gee, Mark! WTF you’re doing?? You just spilled everything out!! Screamed Mark in his mind. He looked away. Unsure where to look at Wendy’s dazzled face. He only felt something burnt on his cheeks. All the way to his head. The handsome yet cute guy was so embarrassed due to his confession rap song.

 

“I… I think I…” Wendy began her opinion. “I think I heard those lines before somewhere in one of your songs, right?”

 

Mark furrowed his eyebrows. Not another reaction that I hope, though… he said in his mind.

 

Wendy clapped her hands. “I know this! It’s from your previous mini album! It’s…” Wendy tried her best to guess its title, “I know I heard this once before, wait a minute, if you can just give me some times to guess its title it’s-“

 

“Nice,” said Mark sadly.

 

Wendy surprised. She quieted down for a while then realized, “What?? Of course it’s nice! Your rap is super nice actually! You’re a rapper of the group!”

 

Mark chuckled, “No! Its title is ‘Nice’!”

 

Wendy calmed down herself. “It is?”

 

Mark nodded cutely to emphasize on yes head gesture.

 

“I think I need to listen to all your group’s songs again, I’m so sorry…” Wendy apologized to the original singer in front of her.

 

Mark giggled again. “It’s okay, Wendy-ssi. Yeah, I think you need to listen to that track and later you can give me the precise reaction that I want…”

 

Wendy frowned upon hearing Mark’s last line. “Precise reaction that you want? I didn’t give you the best reaction yet?”

 

Mark jolted on his seat. “No-no-no-no-no-no! I-I said something to myself! I didn’t say anything to you, forget it, okay??”

 

Wendy still lost in her mind. She was pretty sure Mark’s last line was about her reaction earlier. But then again, it'd be better if she pretended like what Mark said. She would asked Irene's opinion later when she got home.

 

Both remained in silent. Suddenly it was too awkward to say anything more. Wendy was stealing glances to the guy beside him and so was him. She played her feet on the ground while he was busy arranging his messy blonde hair. When both of them accidentally met their eyes, they would looked away. And blushed their cheeks.

 

Mark decided to clear his throat first to initiate new conversation. “Wendy,” he called softly. The girl looked at him automatically. “It’s getting cold, do you need to go back to your dorm now? I’ll walk with you to your dorm. Just to make sure you’re safe.”

 

Wendy liked the idea. She needed to go back to her dorm soon and played that song. ‘Nice’ by GOT7. She nodded. “Okay, let’s go back now. I think it’s too late for us to still hang around at this hour,” she said following Mark’s step.

 

“Oh!” gasped Mark when he looked at Wendy and made the girl stopped.

 

“What??” She was surprised.

 

“You haven’t put back your nose masker on, Wendy. Here, let me help you quick.” Mark suddenly stood closer to her and started putting on her nose masker. “There you go,” he even arranged her front hair bang. And gave her his sweetest smile. That should have made her feel what I feel lately… thought Mark in his mind. He then covered back his nose masker. He smirked secretly in satisfy.

 

And he was right. The girl froze. Long enough until Mark clicked his fingers. “Oh!” she was back to life, “T-Thank you so much, Mark!” Although she seemed cool, she still stutter. Mark was sure she was blushing behind her nose masker.

 

Oh, Boy! Did he notice my red cheeks?? screamed Wendy in her head.

 

“Okay, let’s go.” Mark led their walk again. His steps were light, because he was so happy to make the girl behind him fluttered.

 

Oh, Boy-Oh, Boy-Oh, Boy-Oh, Boy! What to do now?? I’m feeling super awkward! screamed Wendy. Still.

 

After had walked in silent for two minutes which both of them coincidentally felt like forever, they decided to break the ice at the same time. When they passed the park swings.

 

“Mark!”

 

“Wendy!”

 

Both in silent and stopped their walk.

 

Oh, God! Now we both start thinking on same thing?

 

Gee, what if she noticed that I purposely showed my manly charm?

 

“You first, Wendy.”

 

“No-no, you first, Mark.”

 

“But, ladies always first.”

 

Wendy baffled. He was being polite to her, but she wasn’t sure to say her words first. Come on, just say it, Wendy!

 

“I want to try…” she hesitated for a while, “I’d like to ride that swing. Would you mind to accompany me?” asked Wendy almost in whisper. But she still succeeded managing it to be heard pretty clear by the handsome guy beside her.

 

Mark was immersed in his thought. She said she would like to have me to be with her to play the swing. Yeayy!! Thank God! It means she still didn’t notice anything yet! God… How embarrassing would that be if she noticed it??

 

“Mark?” called Wendy to the tall and skinny guy, “Do you mind? It’s okay, I can totally understand, let’s just skip it and get back to walk to go home. You should be really tired though, what the hell am I thinking? I’m so sorry, I was just being so silly and inconsiderate earlier, that’s why-“

 

Wendy’s non-stop talk was stopped by a warm index finger on her lips. It was Marks!

 

“It’s okay, Wendy. I don’t mind at all to be with you the whole night. I’d like the idea,” he whispered in front of her surprised face. In a very close distance. He pulled down his nose masker to show her his sweet smile. “Let’s go ride that swing,” he said again and held Wendy’s left wrist. He led her to walk to the park swing.