How The Story Goes

Oh, Boy!

 

“Wendy-yaaa!!!” shouted Irene, Red Velvet's leader, on a cold day.

 

The girl whose name had been shouted finally approached in 10 minutes. “Baechoo Unnie, what's with the scream?? I was baking some ginger cookies for our Troublemakers Maknae Duo, Yeri and Joy.”

 

Irene grinned widely and put down the fashion magazine she had. Then she pointed Wendy's phone on couch.

 

“What?” Wendy furrowed her eyebrows.

 

“You got a message. I think it's from M-“

 

“Sshhhh!!!” Wendy quieted down the leader. She looked so panic in a sudden. She took a glance to Irene's left side.

 

She found Seulgi, the girl whom sat comfortably beside Irene-she laid down her head on Irene's thighs-with big headphone covering her ears, seemed unaware of Wendy's panic state. She was listening some songs while closing her eyes.

 

Irene pouted her lips cutely to Wendy. Made the girl blushing in red and stuttering whisperly, “Unnie, please, slow down your voice, will you?? You're driving me crazy, you had promised me back then that you wouldn't tell anyone!”

 

Irene was just about to open to reply Wendy but suddenly, “Don't tell anyone what?”

 

Wendy gulped in and her heartbeat was thumping really fast. “J-Joy-ya? No-nothing,” said Wendy still in a stutter. Oh God, what should I do?? Please don't tell it's obvious on my face!

 

“Really? Then what's with your stuttering, Unnie? You seem so nervous...” Joy furrowed her eyebrows.

 

I think I'm going to lie down. Like forever...

 

“She's okay, Joy-ya. You only surprised her when she was baking some surprise cookies for you and Yeri...” Irene made a great excuse for the sake of Wendy. She winked to her.

 

Wendy smiled nervously and brightly added, “She's right. I've tried to hide it as surprise for you and Yeri, but since you just heard from us by now then it is a failed surprise. Ha-ha-ha.” Irene was staring weirdly at Wendy since she heard Wendy’s awkward laugh.

 

Joy chuckled. “Wendy Unnie, you are the best! Yeri and I are craving some ginger cookies nowadays! It's getting cold outside! Yeeay, thank you, Unnie!” Joy hugged Wendy.

 

Wendy hugged the girl back. She was mouthing ‘thank you’ to the eldest girl for helping her distracting Joy's attention. Irene nodded proudly.

 

“Hey, what's going on here? Wendy-ya, Joy-ya, Baechoo Unnie, can anybody here tell me what is this all about?” Seulgi got up and took off her headphone. She was surprised to see all of her members suddenly gathered in the livingroom.

 

Wendy-Joy-Irene started laughing together because of Seulgi's confused face. A minute later they all stopped laughing when...

 

“Wendy Unnie, you got a missed call. It says from ‘Mark’ here...” said Yeri out of the blue.

 

Wendy's eyes widened and she freaked out. “Yeri-yaaa!!! What are you doing?? Drop my phone now!!” she yelled. Made everybody there covering their ears automatically.

 

Wendy stormed to Yeri and took her phone from the youngest girl. She hid it in her short jeans pocket. The youngest girl blinked her eyes twice and mumbling, “Unnie, what did I do wrong? Your phone kept vibrating there so I took it for you and it showed a name. ‘Mark’ that’s all. Why?”

 

Joy cut in, “Mark-ssi? Mark of GOT7??”

 

Wendy dropped her jaw slightly. Unbelieving Joy's conclusion.

 

Seulgi was shocked and asked for confirmation, “The quiet guy who does all those flipping jumps on stage?? Wendy-ya, is it true??”

 

Wendy trembled because she had lost in words. She could do nothing but stay still staring blankly to all of her excited members. And Irene? The eldest girl was only chuckling happily to her.

 

Yeri's eyes twinkled and she teased, “Omo~ It's him!! Kyaaa...! Joy Unnie, what did I tell you?? He has crush on Wendy Unnie!! Kyaaa! So happy~”

 

“Unnie, you like him too? That weird guy??” asked Joy in disbelief.

 

Wendy was about to tell her excuse but got cut out because of Yeri's defense for the guy, “Weird Guy?? Joy Unnie, how could you call him ‘weird guy’ in front of Wendy Unnie?? She likes him too though!”

 

“Wendy-ya, daebak!” Seulgi cheered the same age girl, “I'm happy for you, he is cute. Don't listen to Joy's words, she is only jealous to you.”

 

Joy raised her eyebrows and replied, “OMG, me?? Being jelly?? Excuse me, FYI, that guy is weird because he is too quiet and too cute to be Wendy Unnie's type! Wendy Unnie has boyish charm, you Guys know this, right? I remember she once said that her ideal type is a father like person, not a skinny lame pretty boy!”

 

“Oh, really?? Then how about you? You said you like a y guy. Sungjae Oppa is definitely cute, not that tough and y!” Yeri gave a counter attack.

 

Joy got annoyed and gave the youngest a light pinch to her left cheek, “And you?? You said you like a caring boy, I don't see any careness in iKON's Chanwoo, that boy is too quiet and invisible!”

 

Yeri gasped and she was about to reply when Irene cut them off, “If you have someone completing your minus side, that is what we call ‘perfection’. Couple means completing each other. Gosh... am I wise love counselor or what?”

 

“Irene Unnie, you're not helping any!” Joy complained.

 

Seulgi brought the right thing in her mind, “Maknae Duo, please stop your lovers fight, we have a bigger issue here. Wendy and Mark!”

 

“S-S-Seulgi-ya, it's not like what you think!” Wendy denied. She felt like she had to give a statement or her friends would be arguing to each others. Her face started to get pale because of panic.

 

“What?? You don't like him, Unnie?? But he is cute and handsome...” Yeri defended again the guy they talked about. “Let's see his message for you, Unnie! We want to know, I'm curious!” Yeri suggested another ‘trouble’ to Wendy.

 

The girl shook her head, rejecting the youngest suggestion, “There's no message, Yeri-ya!”

 

“What?? I saw the message symbol, Unnie, you got one message from him!” babbled Yeri.

 

Wendy looked at Irene and begged, “Irene Unnie, please help me out here, will you??”

 

Irene nodded and for once more tried to clear the situation. “Girls, hear me out carefully,” she commanded and all of the members paid attentions to her, “It's not like what you think. They just met on non working hours coincidentally for once in last couple months. It was Chuseok Holiday ago. Mark-ssi walked her home to our dorm here, then they met again at the backstage in my music show when GOT7 made their comeback. All of them were coincidentally.”

 

Wendy dropped her jaw and Irene put on an innocent face.

 

“See?? They must've been changing phone numbers and secretly sending messages to each other!” Yeri gave another self opinion. Which unfortunately was true indeed, “Unnie, you are so sweet!”

 

“Yeri-ya, please stop it! You're making my situation more complicated than before!” Wendy frustated. What should she do to stop all of the youngest self opinions which coincidentally true??

 

“How come I didn't notice this one?? Wendy-ya, you co-hosted that show with me!” Seulgi was disbelieving the fact again. She finally realized something from the situation last time.

 

“I... I...” Wendy completely lost in words. She didn't even know for how many times. Her cheeks blushed in total red.

 

“Yeri-ya, how did you notice this thing?” asked Seulgi. She seemed curious because of the fact that she was the only one who didn't see it coming. “How come I'm being the only one who don't expect this thing would happen to us?”

 

Irene-Joy-Yeri laughed out loud.

 

“What?? Please, tell me, Girls!” Seulgi begged. She was really frustated and eager to know at the same time.

 

“I noticed some of their moments from fancams and fanmade videos!” Yeri replied in a very bright tone.

 

“Whoa! Fancam videos??” Joy cut in. But she still managed herself to take a sip of her orange juice.

 

Yeri nodded cutely, her dark brown long hair in pony tail was moving up and down as her head's nodding. “Yes. See, there are these fans called ‘MarkDy shipper’. It stands for Mark of GOT7 and Wendy of Red Velvet!” she said still with her twinkling eyes.

 

“Aaww... Now that is what we call ‘cute’!” Irene chuckled. She got a death glare from Wendy.

 

“What did you see?? Which moment did you see?? I'm curious,” Seulgi got closer to Yeri. The youngest then took out her phone and tapping on it impatiently.

 

Wendy gulped in desperately. She even tried to clear by taking another sip of Joy's orange juice. “Hey, Unnie, that orange juice is mine!” complained Joy. Wendy didn't care. Her hands were still trembling.

 

“This will show you how I noticed that Oppa is falling for our Wendy Unnie’s charms,” Yeri explained to the older girl, Seulgi.

 

Hearing the youngest, Joy and Irene-even the startled Wendy-finally sat together on Yeri's couch.

 

It was during the Gayo Daejun 2014. A fancam took a focus of GOT7's Mark was staring to someone behind his back. And the only same sight to his was Wendy's seat. So the video captured as if Mark was looking at Wendy. The guy even made a sad expression as if Wendy ignored him.

 

“Never have crossed in my mind that our fans would actually like to think of it as that way...” whispered Wendy. Accidentally.

 

The rest of the other members agreed. “But in this video he indeed was looking at someone behind his back. And it still makes sense to me if that someone was you, Wendy-ya.” Seulgi had made her own conclusion. She approved the fanmade video's point of view.

 

“Absolutely, you are with me this time, Unnie!” cheered Yeri. The girl hugged Seulgi and smiled widely.

 

“Wait! Does that mean you two have known each other back then?? During our 'Be Natural' era??” Seulgi made another shocking question to Wendy.

 

“What?? Me?? No!” Wendy threw quick denial. She even got up from her seat and made a very serious face expression. Just in case they didn't believe her.

 

“But they are so compatible with each other, Unnie! You'll make the best foreigner couple ever! Kyaaa~” Yeri kept praising her favourite couple. She made a big love sign with the help of Seulgi's left arm.

 

Wendy sat again on couch almost fainted.

 

Joy finally had something in her mind too. She had it while repeating the fanmade video on and on. "Yes. I don't know why and how much it would be sounded cheesy as I'm telling you that this is the best coincidentally fanmade video," she said while looking straight to the person, Wendy.

 

Wendy shook her head, “Come on you, Girls... You won't believe this kind of fans video editing, right?? There should be anyone else but me he was looking at! Who knows??” said Wendy.

 

“Yeah, who knows? Why don't we ask him directly, Wendy-ya?” Irene cut off Wendy's relief expression. Made the girl had another 'panic attack'.

 

But then, she decided to just tell them the truth. There was no better way than to clear the situation or else, her youngest member-Yeri-would keep babbling about her and him so compatible with each other. That could be so dangerous! She imagined it then quickly threw it away.

 

Wendy clapped her hands, asking all of her members' attention. “Girls, please let me break it down to all of you in a very right and honest version,” she suggested. Desperately.

 

“Alright, break it down, Wendy-ya!” cheered Irene cutely.

 

Wendy was staring at her like ‘what-the-hell-you-are-the-one-getting-me-in-this-big-trouble’. Irene only winked to her as reply. Wendy shook her head and took a deep breath. She stared to all of her members one by one. They were all waiting for her to tell the real story and the real feeling she had to the guy, Mark of GOT7...