Let's go biking!

I Never Will

 

 

Byul's pov

 

I deeply breathe in. It truly feels marvelous looking at such dazzling creature wearing her sparkling wedding gown (and a flower crown made of white roses. She was crazy about that when we're planning about her attire. It perfectly suits her anyway. Who am I to contradict?). Inspite of my elegant description for her, I can still see a hint of her adorable side. I'm actually imagining her as a walking mochi in a wedding dress and it makes me chuckle a little. I really want to squeeze her fat cheeks right now. My precious yebaaaa~ 

 

Okay okay. Enough of those thoughts.

She is gazing directly at my direction. A wide grin is visible on her beautiful face even from afar. Ignoring the fact that I'm actually melting inside, I'm still managing to return the fixed look she's giving me. My heart feels like it is forcing itself to escape from my chest and make a dramatic show in front of everyone. Despite all of those, I still keep on smiling.

--

I'm gonna tell you about how we first met. By the certain time I saw her, I know it sounds cliché but I actually felt that the world stopped for a moment and I can only hear my heart beat. No joke, guys.

 

So it was several years ago, we're in our early 20's back then. It was a cold snowy afternoon....

 

I was riding my bike from my job, not actually planning to go home yet. I thought I needed to wind myself up. You see, it was the 24th day of December and I felt kinda lonely spending my Christmas eve alone. I said to myself, "Deal with it, Moonbyul. It's your choice anyway." 

 

The cold breeze of christmas was extremely freezing especially when biking. I decided to stop and try to look for the nearest bike rack. Near a frozen river, i found some racks and placed my bike there. Beside the racks, there was a clumsily abandoned bike and was slightly covered with snow. I looked around to see if the owner was there. To my disappointment, I saw no one. I thought that maybe that person had just unintentionally left it there and forgot he/she brought a bike. I let out a sigh and placed the abandoned bike on the rack beside mine. I stared at the frozen river. I wasn't familiar to that place but it felt peaceful. I was really captivated by such soothing scenery. Just as I was planning to take a seat..

 

"YAAAHHH!!"

 

Startled when I heard that joyful yell, I turned around once again to find where the voice came from. From afar, I saw a brunette happily running, or more like skipping, towards me. I was unable to clearly see her face yet because of the mist, but I felt my heart racing like wild bulls. I thought, 'Is she the owner of this bike?', 'Why would she leave it like that?!', 'Why is her hair gracefully swaying with the wind?', 'Why is her voice so pretty?'. Out of a messy mind and mixed feelings, I mumbled, "Jeongsang jakdong.." while pounding my chest lightly.

 

As the human approached nearer, I was stunned. 'Damn, this girl sure is drop dead gorgeous,' I thought. For a moment, I couldn't think straight. I was just looking directly at her brown orbs which were somehow hiding behind her almost closed eyelids because of her eye smile. I swear that moment was one of the-- no, that moment was the best thing that ever happened to my life. It was actually the first time feeling like this despite of having my first boyfriend years ago. I mean duh, this feeling is way far better than what I felt towards that moron (that relationship didn't even last a month. Tss).

 

This feeling right now, towards this person, I swear this is all new. I didn't even know that I can be attracted to girls until that moment, but yea, I didn't actually care if she's a girl or an alien or a ghost. That really didn't matter. All I know was that I really need to know her. I tried my best to compose a decent sentence I could first say to her. 

 

"Uhm.. Hello! Be careful. You might sli---"

 

"KYAAAH!!!"

 

Before I could finish my supposed to be warning for her, she slipped and fell hard onto her . As I was running towards her, I could tell that it was painful because she landed on a concrete that was just thinly covered with snow. I suddenly felt worried but..

 

"pfft-- HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Mianhae, mianhae. I was too clumsy."

 

To my confusion, the person let out a dolphin-like laugh while I was helping her stand. It sounds beautiful as for my perspective. But seriously, who would laugh like that when they fell hard on their in front of a stranger? This girl would.

 

While getting rid of the snow on her coat (and thanking me a thousand times for helping), she cheerfully introduced herself.

 

"My name is Kim Yongsun, 22, and I'm an amateur singer. I always stroll around this area. May I know your name please, pretty lady?"

 

I choked at her addressing me as 'pretty' but I laugh it off. "I'm Moonbyul. Moon Byulyi." 

 

"Woah! Isn't that a coincidence? I'm the sun and you're the moon. I guess we're fated to be together!"

 

I smiled at her statemate, controlling my feelings towards what she was saying. I guess it's just her natural personality. So bubbly it makes me fall for her unconditionally. I really can't think of a response. I just motioned her to come sit with me on the nearest bench facing the frozen river.

 

After being automatically lured by the amazing scenery, she realized I wasn't talking and was just staring at her. That moment made her a bit awkward I guess, so I initiated a topic.

 

"Oh.. yea, about your bike? Why did you just leave it lying on the snow? It might develop rust."

 

"OH THAT!! I'M SORRY OH MY GOSH." (MB: I really don't think she should be sorry about that.) "But you see, this is what really happened. I was riding Jakey(her bike, i guess) while strolling around this area. Then a wild butterfly came along and passed by me---"

 

"Seriously?! A butterfly? Don't they migrate during winter?", I exclaimed.

 

Putting on a poker face, she stated, "Why don't you listen to me first?" I laughed at her expression and nodded. 

 

"Okay.. so, right. I stopped and unconsciously dropped my bike while I was distracted by the 'butterfly'. I tried to chase it and didn't realize how far I ran for that. Then I was astonished because it just suddenly fell to the ground. Turns out, I was chasing a dead leaf."

 

I seriously laughed at her silliness to the point that my eyes were tearing up.

 

"Are you-- pffttHAHAHAHA.. freaking serious.", I managed to ask between my laughs.

 

"Yep. Pretty sure I am."

 

"Babo-yah.. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

 

"Hey you!! Stop judging me!", she cried aloud while hitting me against my arms. I felt like my arms would swell up so I tried hard to stop myself from laughing while wiping my tears.

 

"Seriously, Yongsun, who would think that there will be a butterfly flying around in this kind of weather?"

 

With an obvious gloom in her face, she admitted, "Well, I guess I'm stupid after all..."

 

I felt chest pains with the sight of Yongsun like that and it made me feel guilty as hell. I forced myself to let out a chuckle, then automatically (yep, unconsciously I swear), I found myself giving a bear hug to the person right next to me. I guess I can't really hide my greasiness. We were both astonished by that, but to my relief, she giggled and hugged me back. It was the first time in my life I felt such warmth surrounded me holistically.

 

"Don't feel guilty, Byul-ah. I'm not offended. I just feel kinda sad about that thought because.. I somehow know it's true.", Yongsun said while we're on each other's embrace. These kind of moment needs to be tresured forever.

 

As we parted, I saw the beautiful bubbly Yong smiling again. I grabbed the food I bought a while ago and we ate them together.

 

"By the way, what brings you here?", asked Yongsun while taking a huge bite from a chocolate chip cookie. "I daw't ushuarii shee peopur vishting deesh playsh." (I don't usually see people visiting this place)

 

After recovering from a good laugh because of her unusual eating language, I answered, "Ah.. I was looking for a peaceful place to wind up and this seems to be perfect. I really don't know what led me here and I don't even know how to go back. But I don't mind. No one's going to worry about me anyway." 

 

"Does that mean you live alone?"

 

I nodded. The thoughts of spending my Christmas alone haunted me again. I'd prepared for this since I've decided to leave home years ago, but it still felt awful. 

 

Yongsun flashed a huge smile at me and exclaimed, "Ooohh!! THAT'S GREAT!! LET'S SPEND THE CHRISTMAS TOGETHER!!"

 

Her words left me speechless. The pounding of my heart continued vigorously. I was just staring at her intently and she's staring back with a smile, waiting for my reply. I didn't realize that I was intensely gawking straight at her lovely face for too long which made her feel uncomfortable. Yongsun frowned.

 

"Uhh.. It's.. uhm okay i-if you don't w-want to--"

 

"WAIT NO!! I'd love to!! I was just moved when you asked me because I've been celebrating Christmas by myself for a past few years. My parents are actually living overseas and I chose to stay here by myself. You don't know how much this means to me." 

 

"Oh jinjja?? How about your friends?", she then curiously stared at my eyes which made me shiver inside. Oh I swear I was going to melt.

 

I manage to admit what I feel anyway, "I don't really have friends here. As an illustrator, I wouldn't have to bother making a lot of friends at work. I'm not good at such things tho. But I do have my dog at home, Daebakkie."

 

I could obviously see that Yongsun pitied me that moment but instead of sympathizing about it, she kissed me on my cheek and immediately flashed a huge smile and said...

 

"Okay then! It's settled!! You and me, having fun together this Christmas eve!! Leggo~!!

 

We gulped the last drops of mango juice and head to wherever our bikes take us. This is the epitome of happiness as for my opinion.

 

With this girl beside me as we biked through unknown places, I could feel thick layers of snow, slowly melting. Her warmth could sustain me for years. I would even whole-heartedly accept it if she asked me to bike with her for a thousand miles.

 

I was certain that time.. that I fell deep in love with Kim Yongsun. What an unforgettable Christmas indeed.

--

Reminiscing about these past memories makes me actually wanna cry. But I really don't want to show my "crybaby" side, especially in this event. Kim Yongsun might see me tearing up and ends up crying with me. I really don't want her make up to be ruined and messy. 

The most beautiful bride slowly proceeds through the aisle with just a slight smile this time. Her cheek muscles must be tired with showing a really wide smile just a while ago. I chuckle to that certain thought. She saw me, and ends up giggling by herself at the middle, halfway through the altar. But to my surprise, I can see that her eyes are getting wet.

 

This doesn't feel right. A teardrop escapes from the bride's left eye.

 

 

 

***********************
A.n: Annyeong, yeorobun! So that's the first chapter. I hope u liked it. :> Anyway, I know I really lack in my sentence construction, plus some other flaws. I really do appreciate some constructive criticisms, guys. Thank you for reading. Sml. <3