Chapter 3

Chased (mafia!Chen)

Short: Unlucky in love, Kim Jongdae finds himself wanted by a problem seeking journalist. What could not go wrong?
Words: 3409
Type: Fluff//Angst
Pairing: Chen x Sora (oc)
Notes for Update: 25
Warnings: Alcohol, swearing, mean guys at the bar, hints at cheating and betrayal
A/N: This will run chronologically with Engraved, but it’s not needed to read this to understand Engraved, but the parts posted for Engraved after this will contain spoilers. It is also not necessary to read Engraved to understand what is happening here. But it will make things more clear.


Jongdae's pov

Jongdae was lying in bed, staring up at the ceiling. It was dark, late at night, and he wasn’t tired at all. It was slightly cold in his room, and he got up to find some shirt to wear to bed. He scratched the back of his head, blinking a few times when he the light. 
The first thing he found was his dark read sweater, hanging on his bedpost. He took it, rubbing the material between his hands. It was soft still, especially on the inside. He sighed, pressing the sweater against his face and inhaling. It still smelled like her. 
He went for the shirt, that was hanging underneath, that’d do. So he slipped back under the covers, turning on his stomach and scrolling on his phone. Nothing much was going on really, Baekhyun and Chanyeol were having some discussion in their group chat. It had something to do with guns and sheep, he didn’t feel like getting involved. He had a information text coming from Suho, for a job tomorrow. And a text from Angel, asking him if he wanted to go out soon.

Angel: Hey, how about we go out sometime soon? 
You: Hmm I’ll have to think on that.

tumblr_othizdAXnd1qky25go1_500.gif

Originally posted by yixingsosweet

 


Her reply came really quick.

Angel: YAH! Don’t be a .
You: Well…
Angel: I’ll ask Baekhyun, never mind…what a friend.
You: hahahah, of course I’ll come. Where do you want to go?
Angel: Not sure, Rana’s maybe, or Aphrodite’s. 
You: Aphrodite’s has cheaper drinks.
Angel: Since when are you cheap?
You: If you pay we’ll go to Rana’s.
Angel: Fine, Aphro’s it is. When you off?
You: In three days, I’ll fix a driver, pick you up around 11?
Angel: See you then ;)
You: Till then lil Ang.

He locked his phone, maybe he should sleep. Going out with Angel was always fun, it has been a long time since they went. 
Right as he closed his eyes to go to sleep, his phone rang. He grunted, rubbing his eyes and turning it over, checking the number. Sora was calling, what the hell. She never called him before, and they barely even chatted lately. 
He his back and picked up. “It’s 2am, why are you calling me.”
“You’re mean.” She…slurred?
“Are you drunk?” he asked, sitting up, confused. 
“Hmmmm, no.” She mumbled, but he heard the chatter of people in the back, a low chime of music. “I wanted to talk to you.”
He sighed, letting himself fall back on the bed. “About what?”
She chuckled, like a little girl, definitely drunk. “You’re an .” 
“I’m sorry?” This was a little amusing to be honest. 
“You’re an .” She slurred. “You talk to me, you flirt with me, you give me your number. You’re really nice, and handsome, and then you go out with me. You kiss me, twice, like you ing mean it. You throw up in my bathroom, cry in my hallway, have me drive you home. However, now you’re pretending like I don’t exist. Well after I confessed to you that I really like you.” He could practically hear the pout in her voice. “You’re mean.” 
Jongdae sighed yet again, but also smiled a little. “Sora, what do you want?”
“I want you to give me a shot.”
“We talked about this, I’m not looking for anything right now.” But he remembered the feeling of her against him, how soft her skin was, the way she kissed. Those little sounds she made. “I’m serious.” 
She was silent, and he heard some odd noises and then a voice. He couldn’t properly understand what was being said, but it was a male voice. Sora seemed to be in a conversation with him, she laughed. Jongdae considered putting the phone down after a more minutes, but her voice sounded again. 
“Hmmm, why don’t you come over.”
“You seemed pretty busy with that other guy.” Jongdae mused. 
She whined a bit. “He’s not you though, I want you here.” 
He rolled his eyes, god she was really something. “Go have fun with him, I don’t care.” He really didn’t care, to be honest. 
“Why? I don’t want him.” 
“Then don’t go with him?”
“Hmm but I’m lonely.”
Jongdae groaned out loud, throwing his arm over his eyes. “Sora I’m not coming over, really.” 
“Fine.” She huffed. “I’ll go home with that guy, it’s not like I can get myself home anymore anyways.” He heard some movement, and then she yelped. “Damn alcohol, I can barely walk.”
Something in him got worried about her. “Sora?”
“What?” 
“That guy, do you know him?”
She paused. “No?” 
Jongdae chewed the inside of his cheek. “If you don’t know him, please don’t go home with him. You never know what kind of creep he is. Aren’t there any friends with you right now?”
“No, I came here alone, I always do.” 
He really wasn’t interested, he just didn’t want her to get into trouble with some random guy. “Is there anybody you know who can take you home?”
“You never have with random people when you’re drunk?”
“What I do doesn’t matter.”
“Whatever Jongdae,” her voice broke off a bit, and he heard her giggle. “I’ll talk to you some other time.” She had the nerve to hang up the phone on him. 
What was she thinking? Was she really going to go home with a stranger so drunk off her she could barely walk on her own? Jongdae chewed his lip, for a second considering if he should go to check on her. 
That one second was enough, because he found himself getting dressed, and picking up the car in the garage to leave. But then again…the gates don’t just open. 
“ this .” He grumbled, and got out of the car. In the pocket of his leather jacket was a set of lockpicks, and he used them to unlock the gate from the outside. It was a bit of a hassle, and it took longer than he thought. There was one key lock, on the inside, but they’d destroyed the keys for safety reasons. Luckily Jongdae was an expert at this, and the gate screeched when it opened. 
He got back into the car, and just hoped he didn’t set of the alarms inside. The drive was short, and he’d lie if he said that he didn’t speed a little trying to get there. For all he knew she was already gone with this guy. 
There was a parking spot, not far from the Dutch cafe, and he nearly would’ve run into another car if he hadn’t slowed down. Why was he rushing, she’s 21, she can handle her own stuff. 
He got out, light snow starting to fall again. It had only cleared two days ago hadn’t it? This snow probably wouldn’t stay, he thought as he got inside. It was warm, and he shrugged off his jacket, searching the crowd for the familiar colour of red hair. He felt a sense of relief as he saw her on the other side of the centre bar, swirling a drink that looked like whiskey inside a glass. 
Jongdae took a deep breath and stepped over, she barely even noticed him until he reached for her glass, and emptied it inside the sink behind the bar. “You’ve had enough.”
“Hey!” she yelled, looking at her now empty glass. “I paid for that you know.” 
“I know, come on.” He circled his hand around her upper arm and pulled her off the stool. “I’m taking you home.”
“Oh, now you want to be with me?” she grumbled, her voice was so double that he could barely understand what she was saying. 
He shook his head, hanging his jacket over her shoulders. “I’m taking you home and that’s it.”
Then, a hand landed on his shoulder. “What do you think you’re doing mate?” 
Jongdae turned around to find a tall guy standing behind him, probably twice as broad. “I’m taking my friend here home.” 
“I don’t think so. She’s coming home with me, we already agreed on that, right sweetheart?” he looked past Jongdae at Sora, who suddenly gripped Jongdae’s wrist tightly. 
Jongdae squared himself. “Listen, she’s drunk, she should go home to her own place. I’ll take her, if you don’t mind.” 
The other guy wasn’t having it, and he reached out for Sora behind Jongdae. The latter was faster though, gripping the guy’s hand and pushing it away. “Listen man, she’s my girl, and she’s coming home with me. She’s been flirting with me all night, don’t ruin my evening. She seemed very eager earlier when we ki-“
Jongdae didn’t know why, but he punched the guy square in the jaw. “She’s drunk, you shouldn’t take advantage of her you .” He turned to Sora, who was starting at him with big eyes. “Let’s go home.” She nodded, yawning and following him clumsily. 
He managed to get her outside and asked; “Where’s your car.” She pointed towards the corner of the street. “Give me your keys.” He held his hand out to her, and she dug into the pocket of her jeans clumsily, pulling out a big ring with keys on it. None of them a car key. “Damn it Sora.” He took her arm and pushed it away a little, letting his fingers slip into her pocket and fish out the key. Hey jeans were tight, and she squirmed a little. 
He dragged her to the car, hoping she would fall, and helped her inside. He turned up the heat once they got driving.“Are you stupid?” 
“Huh?” she mumbled. 
“Don’t get drunk on your own, looking like that, at a bar. You’re going to attract guys with the wrong intention and you’re going to end up hurt.” He gestured at her, finally having caught eye of the way too low cut top she was wearing. It was loose and hung on her shoulders, exposing little freckles and…he should keep his eyes on the road. 
She didn’t really answer him, but he felt her look at him. Her hair was down, falling in perfect dark orange waves, framing her face. He tightened his grip on the steering wheel. “Stop staring.”
“Thank you.” 
“Don’t mention it, now please stop staring at me.” He stated, taking the turn onto her street, driving into the parking lot underneath her building. Jongdae put the car on the spot that was the same as her home number, she didn’t complain, but she was probably too drunk to do so. When he turned the engine off he found her asleep with her head against the window. Great. 
He got out and moved to her side, opening the door and shaking her shoulder. “Sora, wake up we’re home.” She didn’t move really. “Sora!” 
Her eyes sprung open. “Huh?” 
Jongdae took her arm again. “Come on, get out, I’m taking you to your room and that’s it.” 
“Roommate isn’t home.” She mumbled. 
He mentally cursed himself. “Of course she isn’t. Let’s go.” He pulled at her arm, and she stumbled out of the car almost falling if he hadn’t caught her. She heavily leant on him and mumbled some drunken words. “For s sake.” He grunts as he lifts her up into his arms and carries her to the elevator. She isn’t heavy, but she’s quite tall and it makes her a bit harder to carry this way. 
Jongdae notices her nod off a bit, and he sighs. She looks calm and peaceful, her head resting on his shoulder. Even in the poor lighting the small freckles on her neckline were visible against her pale skin. He wondered if she got them from her mother or her father. From her soft features, the colour of her hair, but the distinct sharpness of her eyes she knew she had mixed backgrounds. She was gorgeous. 
He reached her door and tried to shake her awake, because she had the keys in her lap. “Oh this.” He manoeuvred his hand into her lap and managed to get the keys. Then, he set her down to her feet, and hoisted her back up, over his shoulder. “You’re glad you’re out cold.” Jongdae mumbled to himself, as he used one arm to hold her, and used his other hand to unlock her front door. 
He swayed a bit once inside, as she woke up and started moving. “If you move I will drop you.” He stated angrily. 
To his surprise she stayed still until he found what seemed to be her bedroom, and he deposited her on the bed. She bounced off a little and looked up at him from her position, pouting. “You’re still mean you know.” 
“I just drove you home! In your car! And CARRIED you to your bedroom!” he spat, getting upset. 
She pushed herself up a little, rubbing her eyes and smudging her makeup. “But you won’t stay, you’re just going to leave.” 
Jongdae sighed, angrily so. “Sora, listen, you and me, is not going to work out.”
Sora was silent then, staring up at him with big eyes. “You haven’t said that before.” 
“What?”
“That we wouldn’t work out, you always said you weren’t looking for anything.”
She was drunk, why was she rationalising all of a sudden. “Sora you’re drunk, go to bed.” He made way towards the door, but he voice stopped him. 
“Please stay.” She whispered, voice sounding so small. 
He willed himself not to turn around but he did so anyways. The way she sat there, on the bed, hair messy and shirt falling off her shoulder to reveal smooth, smooth skin. It did something to him. “Sora.”
She pouted. “Just tonight, just once. Last time when you were here, I remember kissing you. You were warm.” 
He watched the pleading look in her eyes, not knowing what to say. 
“I’m cold.” 
Something about the way she looked then made him think she had gone out drinking for more reasons than missing him. “Sora?”
“Yeah.” She said, standing up and almost stumbling, finding purchase on her desk. 
“Why were you out today?” 
She pulled clothes from the chair, and walked over to him. “None of your business.” Her eyes were cast down as she put a hand on her waist to push him aside. He let her pass, watching as she shuffled into the bathroom. “I’m going to get changed, please leave if you don’t want to stay.” 
Jongdae moved into her room, looking around. There were books lining the wall, a laptop on her desk. It was quite clean, apart from a few clothes here and there, and an empty plate and mug on the desk. There were light colours, blue and grey mixed with a dark brown, it looked nice. He sat down on her bed, it was soft. 
His jacket was discarded on the bedspread and he took it, placing it over the chair. It was late and he was getting tired and…she seemed upset and something must’ve been bothering her. Last time he was upset she was there for him, so the least he could do was return the favour right?
He waited for her, checking his phone and seeing it was 4am right now. She returned quite quickly, her hair put up in a high bun, eyes surprised as she saw him still there. He stared at her, her legs were long, unmarred skin under her shorts. She wore a sweater too, something that looked soft and comfortable. 
“You stayed?” she mumbled. 
He nodded, standing up. “I’ll sleep on the couch.” Jongdae moved past her and she took his wrist in both hands. 
“Please stay here, with me.” Her hands were cold against his skin. “I don’t want to be alone.” 
Jongdae reached out for her, brushing a strand of hair away from her face. “This is only going to make you hope for more. I meant what I said.”
“Let me regret it in the morning, for now just…stay.” 
Jongdae nodded again, toeing off his shoes and pulling his sweater over his head. He followed her into the bed, slipping under the sheets next to her. She held him close, her head resting on his shoulder, arm slung over his stomach. Jongdae was slightly uncomfortable at first, but relaxed after a little. He let his fingers run through her hair, hoping she’d feel a little better. Her breath smelled like a mix of alcohol and toothpaste and he scrunched up his nose. “Go to sleep Sora.” He whispered, pressing his nose against her hair, liking the smell of her shampoo. 
She let out a soft moan, and shifted closer, her breath fanning out over his throat. “Thank you.” 
He felt her doze off in his arms, warm and content. 

***

Sora's pov

Sora woke up when she felt him move away from the bed, he must need to go to the bathroom or something. She rolled over when he was gone, getting closer under the covers and pressed her face against the pillow where it smelled like him. It was already cold there without him. 
There wasn’t much more sound after that, but then, the sound of the door. Was he leaving?
She opened her eyes and groaned, feeling her head pounding. The water from the water bottle by her bedside soothed , but by the time she got herself up from the bed he was already gone. She looked into the hallway but didn’t see him. 
There was a soft rumbling sound outside, and she moved towards the living room, drawing the curtains. Outside was someone on a motorcycle, a bit of an old fashioned one. The driver pulled off their helmet, and dark purple hair tumbled down over her back. The girl, had tattoo’s on her hands, and multiple piercings in her face. But Sora saw she was attractive. Her body was lean but short, but on that bike it didn’t matter. 
The door downstairs opened and someone came out. Jongdae. He moved towards the girl, who had hung her helmet on the handlebar. She reached out for him, touching his face and leaning in close to wrap him into a hug. The girl held him close, and he returned the affection, leaning his head on her shoulder. Was this Angel? The best friend? They seemed awfully close, from the way she touched his face, and even kissed his cheek. Sora felt a pang in her chest, and chewed her lip at the sight. They were talking, and the girl was holding his hand. She couldn’t properly see Jongdae’s face but the girl seemed concerned. 
The girl reached behind her, giving him a helmet. Before he got on she reached out for him again, brushing his hair away from his face and tipping his chin to look at her. Sora saw his face clearly now, and the way he looked at her spoke a thousand words. 
Sora turned away, letting the curtains close. Tears were in the corners of her eyes. Had he really lied to her? Was he in love with this Angel girl after all? Sora shook her head, and moved groggily back into the bedroom. She wouldn’t cry for a guy like that, she promised herself she’d never. It was her own stupid mistake to ask him to stay when she was drunk. Why’d she done that. 
Now all she remembered as she entered her room was his arms around her and the warm, firm feeling of his chest. And right there, on her chair, was something black. His sweater.