Chapter 1

Chased (mafia!Chen)

Short: Unlucky in love, Kim Jongdae finds himself wanted by a problem seeking journalist. What could not go wrong?
Words: 3091
Type: Fluff//Angst
Pairing: Chen x Sora (oc)
Notes for Update: 25
Warnings: Shameless flirting and that stuff…Jongdae is sort of being a indecisive . XD
A/N: This will run chronologically with Engraved, but it’s not needed to read this to understand Engraved, but the parts posted for Engraved after this will contain spoilers. It is also not necessary to read Engraved to understand what is happening here. But it will make things more clear.


Jongdae pov

He wasn’t sure why he was going. But will the whole fight between Angel and Xiumin still playing, he needed a night out. Angel was with Kyungsoo, they were growing closer, and he was so happy for them. Although he did feel her pull away slightly and it was…strange. 
After texting with Sora for about 2 weeks now, he wasn’t sure why he had given her his number. Or why he was texting with her. But after telling her he wouldn’t be coming to the bar she invited him to, he still found himself in the car on his way. Why? He wasn’t sure. Maybe he could just get drunk and have a good time. Forget about the looming danger behind them. 
The bar was a small place, in the district where a lot of students were housed. District 4. It mostly consisted of apartment building, sorority houses, clubs, and bars. The name The Flying Dutch made him cringe a little, what kind of place was she asking him to come? He parked the car about a block away, because the street was already loaded with cars. Maybe it was just busy. 
Inside it was dimly lit, music playing not too loud but good. There was a centre bar, and to his surprise it was white. Probably made of birch wood, he stepped over to one of the guys behind it. He was greeted friendlily. “What can I get you?”
“Red wine.”

image

Originally posted by sooranghaes


The other arched an eyebrow and took him in. “Okay. “ He said unsure, and Jongdae just asked him to keep open a tab. 
“I never took you for a red wine person.” Sora’s lithe voice sounded from behind him. 
He turned to face her. She was wearing black washed skinny jeans, ripped at the knee, and a simple tight dark grey t shirt. Of which the cut might’ve been a little low but he expected it. Her hair was down, almost straight, falling just past her shoulder blades. Fiery red, adding to the freckles scattered over her nose and under her eyes. 
“Hello to you too.” He spoke flatly. 
She laughed. “You’re going to act all sourpuss with me again? Then why did you come ha?”
He rolled his eyes and finally noticed the object she was holding, a pool cue. “You’re playing pool?”
“Billiard.” 
“Okay, sure.”
“You in?”
He chuckled, taking a sip of his wine, rolling the taste over his tongue. “I’m not.”
She pouted, pushing her hair back, setting a hand on her hip. “Oh come on, live a little. We can make a bet. You came here for a reason, lets just have some fun.”
The bet sort of peeked his interest and he had to try not to show it. Then she reached out to touch his arm, fingers skating over the leather of his jacket. She stopped at his wrist and pulled him along by the material, and he kind of stumbled along to the pool table. Or billiard table. Whatever. 
“I say we play for drinks.” She stated, grabbing a beer from the edge and taking a big gulp. Unattractive. 
“That’s a ty bet for you little girl. Because wine here is at least one and a half times the price of a beer. Maybe twice.”
“Twice. This is a student place, people from my sorority come here. Beer is cheap.” She walked around the table looking at him. “But I’m willing to make the bet. I mean, I’m good enough. So we might just say that you’re lucky that beer is cheap.”
It ticked him off and he gritted his teeth. Her cockiness was surprising, but then again, he should’ve known. “Don’t be so sure of yourself sweetheart.” He smirked, unable to contain himself. 
She stepped up to him, slowly going around the table, holding his gaze. When she reached him, she looked directly into his eyes. Sora was the same height as him. She put a hand on his shoulder, slowly gliding it down his chest. He took her wrist before she reached his stomach. 
“What are you doing?”
“What are yóú doing?” she smirked.
He pulled her close by her wrist, and almost with his nose against hers he said. “The first turn is yours.” 
She smirked still, shaking her head as she pulled her wrist from his grip. “Take of your jacket.” She said as she bent over the table. “It’s warm in here.” 
With a sigh he shook the material off his shoulders, hanging it over a nearby barstool. He caught her watching him, eyes roaming over his arms that were exposed in the tight black shirt he was wearing. So he flexed his muscles for good measure. She bit her lip, probably unconsciously and he caught her again. He cocked an eyebrow at her when she looked at his eyes finally. “You’re going to take your turn or not?”
“I’m white.” She said, taking the first shot and put the balls in play.
This meant he played with the yellow ball, he played billiard a lot. He actually preferred it over pool. “So till how much do we play?” he asked, when he potted the red ball on the first turn. There was a twitch of annoyance on her face. 
“I say ten turns each? The one who has the most points wins.” 
“Bring it.” He said, handing her the cue. She took it, fingers brushing along his, and he watched as she swayed her hips. Sora was attractive, that was for sure, she had a slim build and long legs. There was something mischievous in her eyes as she bent over the table again and gave him a full view of her cleavage. Nothing wrong with that either. But she was trying way too hard. The line of her body was long as she stretched, she looked taller than she actually was. She pocketed his ball, and he saw that the way she played showed experience. Whether she was good he wasn’t sure. 
Another swig of his wine and he took his turn. They went on in silence for a little, playing, looking at each other. 
“You’re good.” She said, as she came back with another wine for him, and a beer for herself. She sat on the edge of the table and drank her beer straight from the bottle. “Where’d you learn how to play?”
“At home.”
“Where’s that?”
“None of your business.”
She clicked her tongue. “You still not up for an interview?”
He took her chin, forced her to look at him straight. “I told you, we don’t do interviews. It’s against our rules. If that is the only reason you wanted me to come here I’m going to leave.” Jongdae stepped away from her and she hooked her finger in his belt loop to stop him. 
With a tug she had him turning back, and she gave him a half lidded gaze and did things to him he wouldn’t like to admit. “So then what did you come here for? I mean I never specified my own reason, but you did come.”
He set his jaw, slapping her hand away. “To shut up that pretty little mouth of yours.”
She scoffed. “You’re playing foul with me.”
“Am I?”
“Yes.” She stated simply and hopped off the table, purposely brushing her chest against his. , wasn’t she wearing a bra? Was the first thing he thought as he clearly felt her s brush against his shirt. “I see you have piercings.” Sora bent over the table, flinging her hair back, looking up at him through her eyelashes. 
He stared at her for a moment not answering. “I see you’re not wearing a bra.”
She chuckled and winked. “Bras are overrated.” Then she shot the ball, and pocketed it as if it was nothing. Had she been playing him? It took quite a while for her to mess up and him to get a turn again, and she handed him the cue, smirking lightly. 
“Game on.” She whispered in his ear. 
Jongdae bit his tongue, and took his turn. But he wasn’t in any way capable of catching up to her. So it was him next going for drinks that time. He took a sniff of her beer and thought it smelled disgusting, scrunching up his nose. 
He handed it to her with the same face. “How can you drink that ?”
She took a big swig and chuckled. “You sound like a spoiled girl. Only drinking wine.”
Jongdae again rolled his eyes at her and went to the table to take his turn. He felt her eyes on him, gazing, smirking. “Stop looking at me like that.”
“Like what?”
“Like I’m some peace of meat.”
She scoffed. “And you haven’t looked at my s once tonight?”
“You put them on display purposely. I’m not trying to get anybodies attention.” He grumbled taking a shot and pocketing the red ball and his ball. “Plus I didn’t call you here to sleep with you.”
She cocked an eyebrow when he pocketed the white and yellow ball after that. Then she strutted over as he leant back up. Sora’s hand was cold from her beer as she touched his bicep, gliding it up to his shoulder down his back. “Listen, I didn’t call you here to sleep with you either.” 
He arched his own eyebrow now. “You’re feeling me up.”
“That I didn’t call you here to sleep with you doesn’t mean I don’t want to.” She whispered it, almost against his lips. He could smell her perfume, sharp but sweet. Her eyes were a light colour brown, a bit greenish. They were gorgeous, she was gorgeous. But she was 21, she was a journalist, she wanted something. He was sure of it. Her hand was inching down his back and suddenly she stopped and narrowed her eyes. “You really are some spoiled white girl.” 
She moved to get her hands under his shirt and he was quick enough to pull her wrist away, flip her over and push her against the billiard table with a leg between hers. “Stop doing that. Take your turn.” He said, as close as she had to him. 
With a twitch in her eyes, showing anger, she pulled away and grabbed the cue. “Venus dimple piercings Jongdae? Really?” she asked, as she rubbed the cube over the cue. “I mean the piercings are really hot, but those? Why?”
“Because I like them.” 
“Sure you do. What you also got a bunch of tattoos?”
He nodded. “Does it matter?”
She sighed and put down the cue. “Let’s find somewhere to sit, talk.”
“Why?” he asked, crossing his arms over his chest. And she rolled her eyes and pulled him along to a table somewhere in a corner. It was one of those tables with benches, so they were sort of closed off. “What do you want?” he asked when she sat down and leant against the wall to look at him. 
He was sitting beside her, taking her in, how she leisurely leant her head back against the wall and looked at him. Studied him. She pushed her hair back, and it fell in waves, darker red in the dim light. 
“Where are you from?” she asked, cocking her head to the side. “I mean, you live here, but where were you born?”
“Here.”
“What did you study?”
“Nothing.”
“So what did you do then, to make a living, between high school and EXO?”
He was sensing that she was feeling for something. Searching for a particular answer or bit of information in his speech. “Restaurants, bars, whatever came my way. I’m not one to study, it was never my thing.”
She nodded. “I didn’t either, but I loved writing, discovering. I was always curious as a kid, about a lot of things. My mom always said I’d get myself in trouble one day.” Sora her lips, slowly, never breaking eye contact. 
He chuckled dryly. “Cut the crap Sora. What do you want?”
With a shrug she propped foot onto the bench and leant her arm on her knee. She came closer. “What are you guys hiding behind those walls?”
“Ah, Sora. You need to let that go. You’re not getting an interview.”
She clicked her tongue. “I just wonder about you though. You’ve taken my interest. Can’t I get a special scoop? Just on you?” Her hand again reached out for him, nimble fingers dancing over his forearm, up his upper arm. He would lie if he said he didn’t enjoy it, the feeling of someone touching him like this. Wanting him like this. But it was wrong, dangerous, warning signs went of in his head. 
He leant in closer too, cocking his head to the side. “I don’t think so. But tell me, the fact that you’re digging into my business, it means you have found something already. What is it?”
There was a change in her face as he looked at her, stared her down. “There’s no way this brings in enough money for all of you. There’s something going on. Your boss, I’ve seen him, he’s an eccentric type, but he looks filthy rich. I’ve done the math, it doesn’t end up. Also, the guy he hangs with, he works at the hospital up east. That’s a bit odd don’t you think?”
This was just bad luck, that she’d remembered Lay. “So, a surgeon can’t do things like that?”
“You’re doing something illegal, I can sense it.”
“You can’t prove anything.”
“I will.”
“You won’t.” He whispered. “Because you’ve been feeling me up all night and it’s not an act. You want me, you might even like me, I’m not sure. But you’re not here to expose me, or us for that matter.” 
She swallowed thickly, but her hand spoke differently to him. As she trailed her fingers over his cheekbone, and ran her fingers through his hair. “Can’t I do both?”
He tipped his nose against her, a soft swipe. “You’re threading dangerous territory here little girl. I don’t think you can handle it.”
What she did next he should’ve expected, maybe he gave her too much leeway. She tightened the hand in his hand and pulled him in for a kiss. 
He stopped right before her lips, he could feel them, just the slightest brush. The strength it took. He wanted to kiss her, feel her against him, see if she’s soft. If he can make her moan with just a kiss. But she was playing a dangerous game, and he wasn’t up for getting her killed. 
So he smirked, tipped his nose to hers, and leant to the side, whispering in her ear. “I’m not that easy, you know. You’ve practically thrown yourself at me. But I’m not that desperate.” He brushed his nose to her ear, and than ran it down the side of her neck. She shivered, and he placed a hand at her side. When he pressed a kiss over her pulse point she gasped and dropped the hand in his hair to his shoulder. “This is not your usual game. I assume you get a lot of attention from guys. But you’ve never played it the other way around. I can notice. Although I wouldn’t pass up, you’re attractive and you talk well.” Another kiss a little lower. “I like that.” 
She tried to form words but all that came out was a shallow gasp. Then she swallowed and took a shaky breath.
“But you know, I wouldn’t stick your nose into my business. At all. You shouldn’t play with dangerous things like that. Even if we aren’t doing what you think we are, don’t. You’re going to get yourself in trouble.” He kissed her neck again, the corner of her jaw, then he ran his tongue over the shell of her ear. His tongue piercing made contact with her skin and she stilled. “We wouldn’t want that now would we?” Jongdae moved his lips back, open mouthed kisses on her neck, until he settled for a spot. He made sure not to leave a mark, but she was easily reduced to a trembling mess by his lips and tongue. “So leave us alone, you’re not a detective.” He dared to trail a finger up along the neckline of her shirt, so he could hold her neck, thumb brushing her jaw. 
Back up to her lips he said. “You’re just a little girl.” Her lips were parted and he playfully took hold of her bottom lip with his teeth, pulling at it. “Innocent.”
Then he kissed her. Fiercely so. He pressed his lips against hers and she parted them immediately, meeting his tongue with hers. She was eager, fingers digging into his shoulder trying to pull him closer. He backed her up against the wall, his chest pressed against hers. Her one leg was laid out along the back, and he was sitting close to her. One hand on her hip, the other now sliding into her hair. It was soft, like the little moans in the back of as he pressed his piercing against her tongue. Or sank his teeth into her lip, pulling, grazing. It was a kiss that took his breath away too. It’s been long since he was kissed like this, like someone wanted him. So full of desire. 
He leant back a little and let her take control, show him what she got. She was tentative but a good kisser, she’d definitely done it before. The way she tried to get to his piercing, and see what it does, experiment. Made his hairs stand up, more than he’d admit. 
Chen moved his hand to her lower back, his fingers just slipping under the hem of her shirt that had ridden up there. Her skin was warm and she arched into his touch, sighing contently. His other hand was skimming down her leg, and she wrapped it around him, pushing him closer. Both of her arms coming around his neck now, a hand running through his hand and scratching his scalp in a way that gave him shivers. As the way her tongue moved against his did. 
She was the one who broke the kiss, panting against his lips, chest heaving against his. Her eyes were darker now, and she scratches his scalp lightly, cocking an eyebrow. 
He spoke first. “Bye Sora.”And with that he was up and out of the door, leaving a generous tip on the bar.