Bright

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Professor Min let go of the door, his face stiff in shock even though I know he tried to control his expression. There was a tense silence before either of us moved again. He cleared his throat and placed his hand on my shoulder.

 

“I’m sorry I’ve caused any misunderstanding or inappropriate gestures, such that you’d develop feelings for me.” He said with eyebrows furrowed. “I’ll pretend I didn’t hear it so you don’t have to be awkward with me.” His words to me were like me striking a wrong chord while composing. It was jarring and out of tune, and it sounded horrible. His words hurt and I could already feel the tears forming.

 

“Ah, no professor, it’s not your fault!” I said, laughing to try and ease the tension. I shrugged his hand off my shoulder and stepped away from him.

 

“I’ll get over it, it was just a silly crush, you know how these things are!” I waved my hand in an attempt to be nonchalant. “Have a good weekend, Professor.” I stressed the word “professor” unknowingly, probably trying to maintain that distance I had originally wanted to close in. 

 

“Y/N-“ I heard Professor Min call out, but I’d already left the room. Once I got home, I locked myself in the bath, soaking myself in hot water and bubbles. The heat enveloped my body almost comfortingly, but I couldn’t get my head to release those words Professor Min had told me. I just wanted to lie in the bath and forget.

 

 

The week slowly got better. Nara and Nankyung had pestered me until I spilled the beans on whatever had happened and needless to say, they were shocked.

 

“I mean... he’s a professor, Y/N.” Nankyung sighed. “I think he literally isn’t allowed to have relationships with students.” Nara hit her brother on the shoulder.

 

“Ok we don’t need that. But screw him, it’s fine! You do realize tons of guys actually want to date you right?” She said matter-of-factly.

 

“She’s right. I’ve heard a lot about Hoseok having a huge crush on you.” Nankyung said, nodding. “He’s a really nice guy too!” 

 

“I don’t really want to think about guys right now.” I sighed. Nara and Nankyung nodded and we proceeded to grab some lunch.

 

At the queue for sandwiches, Nara an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter