Melancholy

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few lessons were more of a gauging session to see where our musical abilities stood. The class was more lively and different people played various instruments like the violin, cello, guitar... And most of them played more than one. It made me feel kind of small. I shook it off, though, moving on to more compositions and I didn't get to meet with Professor Min as much because he had research projects and syllabus planning. My composition this time around sounded melancholic as I played it on the piano, regardless of the tempo of which I played at. I had been frustrated that not seeing Professor Min could affect my piece so much that I just stoof up and threw my papers to the floor. Slumping back onto the seat, I sighed, putting my face into my hands in a sigh.

"Is something the matter?" I hear a voice from behind me and I jumped. I heard him pick up my scattered papers and I looked behind to see Professor Min. I didn't even notice I was crying until he looked worried, wiping them from my face.

"You're upset." He half-asked, still holding the papers firmly in his hand. I cleared my throat and wiped my tears hastily.

"No, Professor... I-" I stopped myself. I would have to lie because I couldn't possibly tell him the reason why I composed the piece to begin with and why I was so frustrated. 

"Could I hear this?" He asked slowly, giving me my composition back. I hesitated so he asked me to scoot over on the se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter