Composition

First Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lessons had started after Orientation Week and they were honestly rather interesting. Of course, the courses I chose were more interesting than the ones my mother had forced me into, but knowing myself, I would get competitive and want to do well after all. There were all sorts of students in the auditoriums - from sleepers to the extreme note-takers, furiously scribbling away and they really made me wonder why they haven't burned holes at the speed they were writing. I wasn't by any means a flunker so I really tried to study hard. The two weeks that followed after orientation were so packed I almost forgot about the hidden music room until I came back to school on a weekend to submit an assignment. I had to go past the music room on my way back from the staff office.

After submitting my report, I quickly walked out of the office and flew down the stairs - what a horrible week. I just wanted to go home and sleep but when I heard a faint melody coming from the music room, I was immediately enchanted. As if I was being pulled in by an invisible string, I headed towards the music room. The slow, methodical melody sank into my skin and got swept into my heart through my ears. I inhaled, as if I could absorb more of such a beautiful composition if I did so.

"Come in if you like it so much." The person inside said, chuckling. I jolted out of my little trance and realized Professor Min was inside playing the piano. His striking blonde hair had changed to black and it suited him so much more. I bowed respectfully before entering the room.

"Is this an original, Professor?" I asked as he slowed his melody to a stop and standing up to talk to me. He leaned slightly on the piano, facing me as we spoke.

"Yes, one of the many." He says, smiling at me. "What brings you to school on a drizzly weekend?" 

"Ah, it'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter