Shock

Destined for Love

Zelo didn’t know where to look. He felt it. He definitely felt a wave of electricity surge through him when he touched this other boy. So if it’s like what Himchan has told him, then this person has to be his soulmate.

‘Thanks for the milk’ he heard the other boy say as Zelo handed him the milk. He noticed that the other was careful not to touch Zelo when talking the milk bottle from him.

‘So are you new here?’ he heard the other boy ask.

‘Yeah. My name is Zelo, you can call me…uh Zelo,’ Zelo said extending his hand out so Jongup could shake it.

‘My name’s Jongup,’ Jongup said and stared at the Zelo’s hand before deciding to shake it.

And there it was again. The jolt. They both let go again and just stood there for a bit before Jongup up spoke.

‘It’s getting late and my family’s waiting for me at home for this milk so I’ll see you around,’ he said quickly and awkwardly, not making any eye contact with Zelo, before getting on his bike and cycling away.

‘Wait!’ Zelo cried out and started to chase after him.

With his long legs, it wasn’t impossible for him to catch up to his bike. They stopped when they got to Jongup’s house.

‘Look, I don’t know why you’re following me!’ Jongup said getting of his bike and facing the panting boy.

‘Wait you live here?’ Zelo asked pointing at the house.

‘I don’t need to answer you. Just go away!’ Jongup said and he went inside his house.

He ran up to his room without even acknowledging Youngjae and Jaehwan, with the milk still in his hand.

‘What’s wrong with him?’ Youngjae asked before he heard the doorbell ring.

Jaehwan went to open to door and he saw it was one of the new neighbours.

‘Hi I’m..’ Zelo started before he was cut off by Jaehwan.

‘You’re the new neighbour! Hello hello, come in’ Jaehwan said smiling as he let Zelo in.

‘Yes, I’m Zelo. Is Jongup around?’ Zelo asked.

‘He just came back and I think he’s in his room. I’ll go get him,’ Jaehwan said and he left to go get Jongup.

‘So you’re name’s Zelo? My name’s Youngjae and the other person’s Jaehwan hyung.’ Youngjae said looking at Zelo from the sofa.

‘Why are you panting? You look like you just ran a mile,’ Youngjae asked.

‘Yeah I followed Jongup from the store,’ Zelo said.

‘What??’ Youngjae said suspiciously, ‘Why?’

‘Because he’s my soulmate!’ Zelo said excitedly. ‘Oh Jongup!’ Zelo said as he saw Jongup coming down the stairs.

‘What??’ Jaehwan said as he’s coming down the stairs with Jongup. He too heard what Zelo said.

‘Are you sure?’ Youngjae said from the sofa.

‘I felt a jolt when we touch and I know you did too!’ Zelo said.

‘I did feel something…’ Jongup said quietly looking up.

‘So is he your soulmate?’ Youngjae asked.

No one said anything for the longest time. Youngjae and Jaehwan can only look at each other and then back to Zelo and Jongup. There’s definitely some kind of connection going on between the two of them.

‘Ok lets call it a day, I am sure that your family is worried about you not being home. So we will see you another day,’ Youngjae said quickly sensing the awkward situation as he pulled Zelo towards the door.

‘I live across the street so I’ll come again tomorrow!’ Zelo said to Jongup before Youngjae pushed him out.

‘Ok bye!’ Youngjae said smiling but his face changed to a serious one once the door closed. ‘Alright ok what was all of that?’ he said to Jongup once he locked the door.

‘He’s our neighbor?’ Jongup asked.

‘Yeah, they just moved in today,’ Jaehwan said.

‘Hello? I asked a question?’ Youngjae said waving to the two.

‘I met him outside the store when I was getting the milk and he bumped into me and when he was trying to help me up, our hands touched and….I felt this electric jolt’ Jongup said as he sat on the sofa.

‘It could be just a once time thing,’ Youngjae said.

‘That’s what I thought but later we shook hands after introducing ourselves and it happened again,’ Jongup said.

‘Ok but how do you feel about all of this?’ Jaehwan asked.

‘To be honest I do feel like there’s a connection between us. For some reason I feel drawn to him,’ Jongup said.

‘My grandma said that’s how you’ll feel once you meet your soulmate,’ Jaehwan said. ‘Lucky for her, she found her soulmate. And that they’re the person you’re destined to fall in love and spend the rest of your lives with.’

‘But I don’t know anything about him,’ Jongup said.

‘Well you can always get to know him. Plus he seemed pretty interested in you,’ Youngjae said as he resumed watching his TV.

 

‘Are you sure you’re going to be ok?’ Taekwoon said as he drove along the highway.

‘I’m going to be fine. Just because I’m away from my soulmate doesn’t mean I will die,’ Himchan said rolling his eyes.

They were on their way to where they believe Daehyun and Zelo are. They think they managed to track them down because of the house that Daehyun had rented. Daehyun’s smart at covering his tracks but Taekwoon is smarter and managed to dig up the details so they’re on their way to check if the two boys are truly there.

‘Is Yongguk hyung going to be fine?’ Taekwoon asked.

‘It’s not that big of a deal omg Jung Taekwoon,’ Himchan said.

Himchan has a soulmate. He found him a couple years back on a business trip while he was at a club. Bang Yongguk’s his name. The first time Himchan saw him, he knew that this person was going to play a part in his life. Later they found out they were soulmates, they moved in together in an apartment and are pretty happy with their share lifestyle.

‘You know how Yongguk is. He likes his own time. He will be fine,’ Himchan said.

‘Whatever you say’ Taekwoon said as he continued driving. 'You should know better than me in this whole soulmate thing'.

 

 

A.N. Bless Zelo's long legs that he can catch up to Jongup's cycling all the way home XD