The Start

Destined for Love

Soulmate, what is a soulmate? To Taekwon, that’s something that he fears the most. You see, in this world, it is predestined that each and every person on this earth will have their own soulmate. Its just the matter of whether you get the chance to meet them. But once you do and come in contact with them, you’ll feel this jolt, this electricity from the contact that will send butterflies in your stomach. And that’s how you know you’ve met the person you’re destined fall in love and spend your entire life with. At least that is what some people believe.

To Taekwoon, that’s essentially chaining him to someone he doesn’t even know yet. He’s had plenty of lovers and he isn’t going to stop that number from increasing. He’s lived a life that is of privileged and worry-free.  Why should he worry when he is fortunate enough to be born in a good and wealthy family? So no, Taekwoon hates the idea that somewhere out there, he’s fated to love someone with all his heart and he hopes that he never meets his soulmate.

‘Daehyun’s run off again,’ Himchan said as he took a seat next to Taekwoon on the sofa.

Taekwoon merely looked at Himchan before focusing back onto the book that he was reading.

‘He’s probably gone off chasing some girl. You know how he is,’ Taekwoon replied, his attention, still on the book.

‘That’s probably true but your father wants us to go look for him,’ Himchan said.

Taekwoon and Daehyun are brothers only with 2 years apart. Though they both share the same frivolous lifestyle, Daehyun takes the cake. Sure Taekwoon doesn’t care about his actions but Daehyun takes it to a whole new level. He takes want he wants and he doesn’t care about you, if he hurts your feelings. What is his, is his and what isn’t, if he wants it, will be his. He’s always operated on this concept and it has never failed him. In other words, he’s an . A douchebag .

Taekwoon, on the other hand, is milder. Though he follows and dabbles in the similar lifestyle, he’s personality is very different thatn Daehyun’s. He just wants to live his life as is, drama and worry free. Unlike Daehyun, he also doesn’t like running away from his problems so when Himchan, their cousin, told Taekwoon that Daehyun has run away, Taekwoon isn’t the least surprised cause this isn’t the first time he’s pulled something like this.

‘And how exactly does he expects us to do so?’ Taekwoon asks, finally putting his book down.

‘I don’t know but he took Zelo with him,’ Himchan said sighing.

Zelo, the youngest among the four, is one of their closest friends. He’s also the most innocent one among them. There’s that sense of purity in him that Taekwoon cherishes and for some reason doesn’t want anyone to contaminate.

Taekwoon closes his eyes for a while and said nothing for the longest time.

‘Let’s go meet my dad’ Taekwoon said finally as he stood up and walked out the room, with Himchan following close behind.

 

Taekwoon walks in his father’s study room without any form of announcement. Himchan can only follow as he knows this is Taekwoon’s behavior.

‘What’s this about looking for Daehyun?’ Taekwoon asked his father who was at his study table looking at some documents.

‘When will you ever learn to knock before coming in,’ Taekwoon’s dad said as he adjusted his glasses. ‘Your brother has gone missing again.’

Taekwoon and Himchan sat on the chairs across the study table as they waited for him to continue.

‘And he took one of your friends along. Now normally, I would allow such a behavior but I think I have let you two live like this for too long. You’ve always had what you wanted growing up so responsibility isn’t a word that you two understand. Also the Choi-s are worried about their son.’ Taekwoon’s father stared. ‘So, I want you to go find your brother and Zelo, and bring them back. And when he comes back, I want the two of you to start being more mature and responsible! I’m not going to live forever and neither is our money. You two will have to take over the company one day.'

‘Yeah, like that’s going to happen,’ Taekwoon said sarcastically.        

Taekwoon’s father gave him a serious look that he has never seen before.

‘I’m serious Taekwoon. Its time to grow up and if you don’t start behaving like one and doing what I tell you, I’m going to cut you off financially. Starting from now,’ Taekwoon’s father said looking straight at him.

‘What???’ Taekwoon said sitting up straight. Clearly, he was shocked that his father would do something like this.

‘Why can’t you be more like your cousin Himchan? He joins you in these activities but there’s also a time and place. He knows that and that’s why he’s working for the company.’

Himchan just shrugged when Taekwoon glared at him as he listens to his father talk about Himchan for the nth time.

‘I’ll find Daehyun, but the working in the company and abandoning this lifestyle that I have is something I am not yet willing to do,’ Taekwoon said as he got up and placed both hands on his father’s study desk, staring straight at his father’s eyes. ‘We’ll talk more when I get back’ Taekwoon said as he turned to exit the room.

Taekwoon’s father sighed.

‘Try talking to him will you, Himchan? They cant keep going on living like this,’ Taekwoon’s father said as he took of his glasses to massage the bridge of his nose.

‘I’ll try my best but you know how your sons are, stubborn as a mule,’ Himchan said before bowing and exiting the room to chase after Taekwoon.

Taekwoon’s father could only exhale a deep sigh before putting on his glasses and turning back to his work.

 

 

A.N. Hi all. I'm back! (kinda)

I'm trying out something here and I'll play by the response I get from this chapter. If you guys arent really into it then I will probs delete this and start something new haha ><