Irene, 1st trial

Game

A/N: This is short. I know. And it’s crappy. I know. 


Irene – Lost Contact

 

I was shocked to see Seungwan again, in front of me. I quickly put my hands on her cheeks, and it feels warm. It is real, she is alive. I pulled her into a hug, feeling more of her warmth, that I didn’t get last time because of my foolishness.

 

“Uh.. Irene unnie? What’s wrong?” she asked me, she seemed confused too.

 

“I’m glad Seungwan, I’m glad.” I said, hugging her tighter.

 

Seungwan released the hug, and looked at me with eyebrows furrowed, “Unnie, did you hit your head or something?”

 

I shook my head and pulled her to the room. I just want to be with her now, so I dragged her to our bed, not bothering to make her change her clothes. I lay on the bed and she followed, still with that confused expression.

 

“Look, I’m sorry Seungwan.. I know I shouldn’t have went out with him. I know that you are already know about me and Bogum. I know I made mistakes-“

 

“So, you know about it?” She cut me off, her face showed hurt and disappointment.

 

“You are well aware that I know about what you did behind my back and yet you still go out with him?” She glared at me, and her tone is cold as ice.

 

I gulped. This is bad. I chose a wrong word to say and an angry Seungwan is the end of the world. I quickly closed my eyes when she lifted up her hand, she’ll slap me.

 

I waited, but I felt nothing, no slaps. I slowly opened my eyes, only to find Seungwan with tears flowing down her cheeks. I, of course, panicked and grabbed her shoulders.

 

“S-Seungwan? Why are you crying..?” I asked, totally confused, she was mad just before right?

 

But Seungwan slapped my hand off her shoulders, her eyes stared at me. “How dare you play with my feelings, unnie.”

 

I froze. I didn’t play with her feelings!

 

“No, I would never play with your feelings-“

 

“Shut up!” She shouted.

 

This is really bad, I need to calm her down before she do something stupid. Seungwan is the most patient person I’ve ever known, and being all mad like this- she even shouted at me, means she is serious. I need to pick right words to calm her down-

 

“Unnie,”

 

She sighed.

 

“Let’s.. break up.”

 

xxx

 

That day when Seungwan asked for a break up, I cried. I begged her to stay and listen to me but she didn’t. She even pushed me when I clung at her. She just left, she didn’t even bother to pack her things. I didn’t even sleep that night, I was crying my heart out because she left me. She didn’t die, but she still left me.

 

I also decided to not respond to any of Bogum’s texts and calls, I even rejected any of his invitations, either it’s only for a simple lunch or just a talk. One time he finally caught to me and forced me to talk to him, I finally told him that I can’t go with him because I lost Seungwan. I know this is not fair for him because I responded to every move he made to court me kindly. I know it’s totally my fault to let him court me even though I already have a girlfriend.

 

It’s been weeks and I never heard anything about her. So I decided to meet up with Seulgi, maybe she know about her whereabouts.

 

“Hey unnie.”

 

“Seulgi, do you know where Seungwan is?”

 

Seulgi chuckled, “Woah, straight to the point hm?”

 

“Shut it, you know about her right? You knew everything about what will happen to me, right?” I growled, making her flinch a bit.

 

Seulgi just shrugged, “I do know about what will happen, but it’s only after you made the wrong choice. And I’m not telling you anything, helping you retry is already more than enough, you know? This might seemed like some kind of video games, but you can’t cheat unnie. This is your real life. Deal with it yourself.”

 

I clenched my fist, “I know.. But can you tell me where she is..?”

 

Seulgi looked up, not answering my questions. I was about to stand up and ask her again when she suddenly spoke,

 

“She quitted her job and went back to Canada. She told me that she won’t come back. You screwed a big time, unnie. She was a mess when she came to my house to tell everything.”

 

I was speechless, I know I screwed up, even if I did find my ‘true ending’ that Seulgi said, I still can’t deny that I did cheat on her. I was guilty.

 

I ended up crying, and Seulgi was quick to pull me in her embrace.

 

“You can still fix it, even though I know this chance of yours failed, you can still fix it, unnie. This is your life, after all, you can make this failure into success.”

 

xxx

 

Seulgi told me to go find her, but actually, I have no courage to do it after all. Seungwan was mad and I didn’t dare to face her, and here I am, alone at our home. I stared at my phone for the whole day, my phone is showing Seungwan’s contact number, ready to call with just a simple touch. But I can’t, I just stared at it for these past 5 hours.

 

After a lot of arguments inside my own head, I finally decided to call her.

 

The number you’re calling is not active, please try again later-

 

I sighed, I should’ve known that Seungwan won’t use that number again..

 

Laying on my bed, I groaned. My tears started to fall because I can’t accept the fact that Seungwan left me. In the end I can’t get it, heh? My true ending..

 

xxx

 

It’s been 4 years and I still can’t get over Seungwan. Everything has changed, started from Yerim who finally confessed her feelings to Saeron in her last year of college, and even Seulgi and Joy got together last year. It’s been 4 years and yet I still don’t have any courage to face Seungwan. I could book a flight to Canada and searched for her in every corners in Canada, but the problem will always be my cowardice.

 

I will never be able to face Seungwan after all that happened between us.

 

I stared at my phone once again, and for the first time in 4 years, I tried to call Seungwan’s number.

 

The number you’re calling is not active, please try again later.

 

I was startled. I can still call her number! And I called the number once again-

 

Hello?

 

I stood up, frozen, I can’t say anything now that I got the chance to talk with Seungwan again.

 

Hello?

 

I opened my mouth, but no words came out. After a few seconds I can hear her sighing.

 

If this is just a prank call, or you don’t have anything to say, don’t call me.

 

Her voice is a bit hoarse now, is she tired or something?

 

Don’t ever call me again, you understand?

 

“I-“

 

I’m hanging up now, bye Irene unnie.”

 

The call ended. I panicked and quickly called her again, but the call was sent to voice mail. I tried again for more than 10 times, but it was useless. I fell on my knees, now I can’t call her again.

 

I failed again..


A/N: I fell in love with WJSN just 3 days ago or so and because I want to write their fic, I must finish this story asap or else the idea will flew away- so it kinda motivated me lmao. And Irene’s 1st trial failed! What do you guys think? Leave a comment! Your comments also motivates me to update faster!