Irene

Game

A/N: The exams are done fellas. I can write more now hehe. And to answer a question, Wendy can’t take it when Irene said that she loves Bogum, lmao jealous problems, I’d totally gone rage if my boyfriend(or girlfriend lmao) ever said that to other people. But no, I’d probably be like Wendy, hahaha. Thanks for the comments and votes!


Irene – Gone

 

I met Bogum at my office when he asked me to be his lawyer. He is kind, funny, and a warm-hearted man. We often meet to talk about his case, and we still meet even after his case was finished.

 

One day, he asked me out for a date, and I accepted it, thinking that a friendly date wouldn’t do any harm. But as time goes by, I enjoyed being with him, to the point where I almost forgot about my girlfriend.

 

He finally confessed to me, in which I rejected, because I am stillWendy’s girlfriend. But he never give up, he keep asking me out, being a romantic type man in those cheesy movies, and I grew fond of him eventually.

 

We texts each other so often, and I can’t not look at my phone for a minute. We even called each other for hours when Wendy’s not home. The first time he said that he loves me, I feel weird. But I actually played along with him, not wanting to hurt his feelings, and said ‘I love you too’ to him.

 

Wendy doesn’t know about this, she doesn’t need to know. I was afraid, anxious, and guilty. What if Wendy found out about me and him?

 

And my worries went up to the max right now, because Wendy is here, right in front of me, with an unreadable expression. What if she heard my words before? When I said that I love Bogum?

 

“W-Wan-ah? You’re home?” Crap. I stuttered.

 

Wendy let out a smile, and I felt more guilty. She has always been an understanding and kind girlfriend.

 

“I was about to pick up some clothes, I have to work at Seulgi’s place.”

 

Ah. She’s doesn’t know.

 

“When will you be back?”

 

Silence. She’s thinking about it.

 

“I don’t know, there are much things to do now since the agency are making a huge project. One of it probably debuting a new band or something.” She shrugged, and went inside to take two pieces of shirt and a pair of shorts. She quickly walked to her work room, probably taking her stuff and put them all in her backpack.

 

“I’m going now.”

 

Wendy approached me and gave me a long, and deep kiss, before heading out without even looking at me. It’s weird, she usually smiles a lot and won’t go out without me sending her off the front door.

 

What if she actually knows about me and Bogum, so she acted all cold like this?

 

I shrugged the thoughts, maybe she’s just stressed out, from what she said before, she’s working on a project, right?

 

xxx

 

I couldn’t sleep.

 

I finally got up after hours turning and rolling, my mind can’t stop thinking about Wendy. Guilt has been eating me up for these past hours, and I can’t take it anymore. I went out to get some water, as I opened the fridge to get some ice, a box caught my attention.

 

“What’s this..” I took the box and opened it, it’s a cake, and the words on the cake made me gasp.

 

I forgot about our anniversary yesterday- why didn’t Wendy tell me?

 

I went straight to the bedroom, grabbing my phone and punched a set of numbers that I knew by heart. I waited and waited, but no answer. I tried for several times but still no answer from Wendy, so I scrolled down my contact list and called Seulgi instead.

“Hello unnie?”

 

“Seulgi! Is Wendy there?”

 

“She went out just now, she said she want to take a stroll around, maybe she went to park?”

 

I glanced at the clock, 11 PM. She went out?? At this time??

 

“Why did you let her out?!” I yelled at the phone, totally mad at Seulgi for letting Wendy out at this time of the night.

 

“She’s been stressed out unnie, I need to give her some space.”

 

“How can a project make her stressed out?? Did the company make her do all the work?”

 

“The company has nothing to do with her problems, unnie.”

 

What-

 

“She’s been suffering because of you.

 

Because of.. me?

 

“W-what do you mean, Seulgi?”

 

“Do you think Seungwan doesn’t know about your wrongdoings? She knew about you and your client’s affair unnie, she’s your girlfriend for 5 years,  and she studied psychology for god’s sake.”

 

I was left speechless. Guilt started to eat me up once again.

 

“S-Seulgi.. can you help me..?”

 

“I can’t.”

 

What- “W-why??”

 

“You’re too late unnie.”

 

Before I could respond, I got another call. It’s from Wendy’s phone.

 

“Seungwan-“

 

“Is this Wendy Son’s relatives? Or guardian?”

 

An unfamiliar voice. I’ve got a bad feelings about this, my hands are trembling while holding the phone.

 

“Y-yes, I am her family, what happened to Wendy..?”

 

“Ah, you might need to come to the hospital now.”

 

xxx

 

“I didn’t even get to say sorry..”

 

Seulgi patted my back, trying to calm me down. Joy was comforting her crying sister and her friend.

 

“I can’t believe this, Seulgi. I can’t believe that she’s already gone without knowing what really happened. I haven’t apologized to her yet, Seulgi-ah!” I turned to Seulgi, hitting her shoulders as I let my tears flows down.

 

Seungwan is gone. Forever. That night when she left Seulgi’s house, she was involved in an accident, causing her to suffer a severe injury, and.. left for good.

 

Seulgi pulled me to a crushing hug. She must’ve been sad too since Seungwan is her best friend.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. Everything is going to be okay.” I can see Seulgi’s smile, she probably accepted Seungwan’s death already, even though she has been crying as well.

 

“After all of this, you can always retry, you can fix your mistakes, unnie.”

 

Huh?

 

I looked at Seulgi, who showed off her goofy smile.

 

“Have you learned your lesson?”

 

Suddenly, my visions went blurry, my head felt dizzy, and I lost my balance. But Seulgi’s firm grip protected me from falling.

 

“Find your true ending unnie, I’ll guide you.”

 

And everything became dark.


A/N: I AM SO SORRY BECAUSE THIS IS CRAPPY PLS DON’T KILL ME. THIS IS NOT THE END YET FELLAS. I have to admit that changing the point of view from Wendy's to Irene's is difficult because Irene totally have no idea about what's going on inside Wendy's mind. And I'm sorry that it takes a long time for me to finish a chapter, I'm just too lazy lmao.