Wendy

Game

A/N: I’m on my 3rd day of final exam and yet I’m doing this.


Wendy – Her Turning Point

 

“See you tomorrow, Wendy!”

 

I nodded and ran as fast as my feet could bring me to my car, impatiently twisted the keys to start the car. I stepped on the pedal, hoping that the road to my home is clear so I can arrive at home quickly. Why you ask? It’s because I can’t wait to hug and kiss my one and only girlfriend. She is the most beautiful, cute and caring woman I have met in my life.

 

I can clearly remember the first time I meet her at the college. I was a freshman at the university, and she was a third year student. Her name is Irene, we met at the garden, as a quiet person, I always liked to spend my time in places where no one knows, or at least, visits. While she liked the presence of the flowers at the garden, which calms her to the most.

 

We get to know about each other after being in an awkward silence for a week, and we hang out together after that. Months passed, and even though I took Music and Psychology as double major in college, I can’t tell that Irene actually has the same feelings as mine, and it took an angry Joy to make us talk about it.

 

We started dating after a while, and we’re still together even after we graduate. Now, Irene works as a lawyer in a well-known law firm, while I started off my carreer as a songwriter in an entertainment agency and a personal psychologist.

 

I stopped at a bakery, the place has always been my and Irene’s favorite since the sell our favorite cakes, so for today’s special occasion, I ordered Irene’s favorite cake. The girl standing behind the counter already knew what to do when she saw me entering the café, and handed me a box.

 

“Here’s Irene unnie’s favorite carrot cake, you don’t have to pay, it’s our treat.” She spoke when I reached out for my wallet, smiling.

 

“Thank you Saeron-ah. Tell Yerim that I said hello.”

 

Saeron is a high schooler who works part-time at the bakery along with Joy’s little sister, Yerim. She was always seen together with Yerim despite their one year difference, even when Yerim enters college, the two still seemed close.

 

As I walked out to the door, I heard Saeron spoke, “Happy 5th Anniversary unnie!”

 

xxx

 

“Irene-ah?”

 

I peeked through the front door of our apartment, only to find a dark living room. I put my shoes on the rack, slowly walking to our bedroom, the only room which is not dark. I heard Irene’s giggle from the inside as my hand reached for the door knob. Slowly, I pulled my hand back, while my other hand which holds the plastic bag for the cake tightens its grip. I smiled weakly.

 

She’s doing it again.

 

I brought the cake to my working room, the only place where I have my own privacy. Irene would never came to the room, she respects my privacy, she said.

 

I put the cake on the desk, and went out to the living room, turning on the lights. I can faintly hear Irene’s voice, saying ‘She’s home’ and ‘See you tomorrow’ before she popped out from our bedroom’s door.

 

“Wen, you’re home!” She ran and tackled me, causing both of us to fell on the couch. Smiling, I gently kissed her forehead, even though she’s older than me, she can also be a child some times.

 

“Yeah, miss me?” I asked, and she could only nod cutely.

 

“I’m bored now that I have no case to take. This place is so peaceful now.” She pouted, burying her face on the crook of my neck. I chuckled and patted her head. Now she is rambling about the difficult cases she took long time ago which annoys her, and I can only smile and responds with a slight hum.

 

“My last case is about this one actor, he was a kind man, I wonder why someone would try to accuse him.” She huffed in annoyance, and I knew it too well. I studied psychology well enough and I knew that she likes her client. I keep patting her head, trying to hide my disappointment.

 

“Well, you must be very bored, yes?” I asked, and she nodded in response.

 

“Yes, and watching some movies would do a good job, let’s choose something to watch!”

 

I smiled, and we ended up watching some action movies since she said that she is not in the mood to watch cheesy romance or horror movies. When the movie ended, I looked at her already sleeping figure, tears threatening to fall.

 

She didn’t even remember that it’s our anniversary today.

 

I gently lifted her up, and carried her to our bed. I pulled the blanket to cover her body, and walked to my work room. As I closed the door, I noticed the cake on the desk, waiting to be eaten. Sighing, I took the cake and put it in the fridge.

 

After going back to my room, I took my diary from the drawer, and starts writing on another blank page.

 

February 15th

 

Today is our 5th anniversary, and Joohyun didn’t remember it. When I got home after work, she was having a conversation with someone,and she hangs up after she realized that I got home. It’s been 3 months after she took that guy’s case, and she’s been acting weird. She would often go out without telling me, and she plays with her phone almost every time. She rarely kisses me now, she’s still clingy, but she never kissed me. The only skinships we had were just hugs and I know she likes to snuggle, but nothing more. She also likes to tell me about that guy. I am jealous, yes. But I know better than being angry at her. Let’s just hope that I am patient enough to face this..

 

I stopped writing and put the book back to the drawer. Tears already flowing down on my cheeks. I sobbed quietly, and I don’t think I can sleep that night.

 

xxx

 

“Going to work early?”

 

I nodded, while wearing my flat shoes, not even sparing a glance at her. I need to work more to wash the disappointment off, and today I have to revise my songs so I need to go early.

 

“I’m going.”

 

xxx

 

I sat inside a café, with a bear-looking girl in front of me, sipping on her hot chocolate.

 

“You’re not going to break up with her? Really? You are hurt, Seungwan.” The woman, Seulgi said.

 

I know Seulgi is worried sick about me, she has been a good friend of mine since we were in high school, and as my co-worker too, she has been concerned about my relationship with Irene.

 

“I’m fine Seulgi, just.. a bit longer.” I replied weakly, trying to calm myself, calm my aching hearts.

 

“Seungwan-ah..” Seulgi spoke faintly, eyes staring at somewhere behind me. I was quick to look at her line of sight, and I swear the next thing I saw kills me.

 

Irene is here with the guy, holding hands. I clenched my fist, before I finished my drink in one go and left the café.

 

xxx

 

I opened my apartment’s door, slowly walked towards my work room, but then I heard Irene inside the bedroom, saying, “I’ll surely be your lawyer if you have problems, Bogum-ah.”

 

I stayed and listened, not caring about my broken heart.

 

“Yes, I love you too, good night.” And the call ended.

 

The door swung open, revealing a shocked Irene.

 

“W-Wan-ah? You’re home?” She stuttered, probably afraid that I heard her conversation with Bogum before.

 

I was torn in between lying to her and excused myself to go back to my office, or probably Seulgi’s place, or said it in front of her. I can’t take it anymore. I’m fine with the conversations, I’m fine with their skinships and dates, but not with this.

 

What am I going to do now..?


A/N: Actually I'm sleepy now, please leave some comments to encourage me. Tell me if you find mistakes okay? /wink wink/