Love - Woogyu

Resonant Melody

Song: LOVE by KAT-TUN (the song is really difficult to find on youtube, so I uploaded it on 4shared: https://www.4shared.com/mp3/i9t_9oqSei/02_-_LOVE.html)

Kpop or Jpop: Jpop

Ship: Woogyu

Type of AU/Universe: my sad excuse of an Omegaverse

Rated?: Nope

Idea: This song came on shuffle when I decided to write, and it always gave me a mysterious vibe you know? So I tried to add that to the title, thus we have woogyu running away in the middle of the night in the name of love :D

Feedback please?


 

The full moon shone on his back as he quietly snickered through the back door of his house, a heavy bag slung across his shoulder. He carefully stepped over to the fencing that enveloped their backyard, ears prepared to catch even the smallest pin dropping onto the ground. Before continuing on his path he looked back, taking a last glance at the house in which he had been born and raised. The house he would never go back to.


Surprisingly, Woohyun couldn’t feel lighter. He thought he would regret it when the time actually came, but the alpha was now gaining distance from his life and from his family on wide and sure footsteps, never looking back.

 

The reason was simple enough, really. Woohyun was a hopeless romantic, and he wanted to be with the person he actually loved. He wouldn’t stand for a society that thought alphas and omegas needed to have a controlled mating system, in which you forcefully register yourself when you turn 18 and the government matches you up with the most suitable mate.


He had been matched up with the “perfect” omega the week before. After receiving the news, his parents told him he would have to stop fooling around with his friend, and start owning up to his responsibilities as a good citizen of society.


But Woohyun wouldn’t have any of that. the system. his parents. He didn’t want someone younger, he didn’t want someone with dimples and a close-lipped smile, he didn’t want a model as his fated mate. He didn’t want Kim Myungsoo.


The alpha wanted someone older, wanted someone with small piercing eyes and a cute smile, wanted a soulful singer whose voice made his whole body tremble. He wanted Kim Sunggyu. His Sunggyu.


He was quick enough to tell the omega that his parents wanted him to mate with Myungsoo as fast as possible, probably sensing their son’s raising bad temper and tendency to do something stupid – which he was currently doing, but couldn’t care less. No one knew how he felt, or what he truly wanted, so no one had the right to tell him what to do, who to love.


They orchestrated a plan in just a few days. One of Sunggyu’s friends, Dongwoo, had been matched right up when both of them got into the system two years prior to Woohyun’s registration, and very much like them, Dongwoo wouldn’t leave his lover for some stranger that was supposed to make him happier.

 

Sunggyu told the alpha that Before Dongwoo left, he mentioned some small villages by the mountains that are still deeply connected to their wolf nature and that still do things the old-fashioned way – they choose. Sunggyu hadn’t heard from his friend since the night he and his boyfriend left for the mountains, but fortunately Dongwoo had left behind some instructions on how to get to those villages in case Sunggyu ever needed them.

 

Woohyun couldn’t be more grateful.

 

He got to the forested park near the outskirts of the city with careful steps, so no prying eyes would spot him. The alpha looked around for any signs of life. Any signs of Sunggyu. His whole body instantly turned when the faint sound of a whistle reached his ears.


Woohyun sighed as he felt two arms envelop him in a warm embrace. He sniffed the man before him deeply, thankful to be in the presence of the only person that could make his blood rush, his heart beat faster and his inner wolf howl.

 

“I thought something had happened.” Sunggyu said in a quiet and rather insecure voice, face buried on Woohyun's chest and hands clenching the back of his jacket.

 

“Sorry about that. My parents took longer to go to sleep than I thought.” He explained. “I think they know.”

 

The omega looked up, expression contorting in worry. “Is it not going to work? Should we stop before it’s too late? I know I’m being too selfish taking you away from your fated mate but-”

 

The alpha put a finger on top of Sunggyu’s slightly trembling lips, gazing at him lovingly.

 

“What are you talking about? You are my fated mate. You’re doing me the biggest favor I could ever ask, agreeing to run away with a fool like me.” He replied, caressing the older’s cheek with his thumb.

 

Sunggyu scoffed in amusement while bringing their foreheads together, his visibly tense shoulders finally relaxing. “You’re too greasy for your own good.” He muttered, looking into Woohyun’s eyes. They stayed like that for a few seconds, the omega apparently searching for something deep into the younger’s orbs. Regret? Insecurity?


He wouldn’t find any of that. Woohyun hadn’t been more certain about anything else his whole life.


When Sunggyu’s eyes stopped studying Woohyun, he finally let a sincere smile spread onto his features as he started to pull his alpha towards the edge of the woods.

 

“Come on, we have a long way to go before we get to the mountains.”

 

It was now Woohyun’s turn to smile brightly, intertwining his fingers’ with his lovers’, his fated mate’s. “Let’s go home.”