I

Protect You

"He's a little difficult," Hakyeon said like a mother trying to make her son appear less like the devil to the babysitter, and Wonshik nodded shortly, because that was what he had to do. Some clients were more difficult than others, but he'd been in the business for years, and a whiny celebrity was not going to make him back out of the whole thing.

Truth be told, the first time he stood guard in front of Jaehwan's Four Seasons hotel room at night, he was a little miffed at the singer for calling him into the room to pass him the remote control from where it was hidden under all kinds of documents on the coffee table, just so he didn't have to stand up from the king size bed, but that was a thing other stars had asked him before, so he let it slide.

Jaehwan also made him buy him coffee while the team escorted him from his van towards a concert venue, and no matter how many times they tried to make Jaehwan understand it would be better for his manager, Hakyeon, to do so, Jaehwan only smirked and argued that he wanted Wonshik to bring him his coffee. So Wonshik did. Without any complaints.

He also had to play card games with Jaehwan on nights he couldn't sleep, and walk him to the nearest convenience store to get ramyeon at 2 in the morning without notifying Hakyeon, only to get scolded by Jaehwan when he woke up bloated the next day.

Wonshik has always let Jaehwan drag him around like a doll because that was part of his work, if not officially incorporated in his scope of activities, but he was a bodyguard and Jaehwan apparently thought a bodyguard meant a playmate slash personal assistant. Wonshik never said a word about it not being completely true and not only because of the generous sum that landed in his bank account at the end of every month.