nine.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung was not happy and although he didn’t voice his anger, his body sure did. He slammed his fist against the steering wheel for the third time and apologized once again. No matter how many times Lisa reassured him or how many times she tried to convince him that what happened was not his fault, Taehyung couldn’t help, but feel guilty. He was supposed to protect her, and he failed. He drove in silence, only lingering his eyes on Lisa for a couple of seconds only to shift them back on the road. His eyes scanned the bruises around her neck or the pale colour of her skin, it drove him insane thinking that if he had come only a couple of minutes after, something worse and unimaginable could’ve had happened.

When the hospital came in view, Lisa looked in horror ``I thought you were taking me home. ``

``You need to get a checkup. ``Taehyung felt the guiltiness rise every time his eyes laid on Lisa. He held Lisa against himself to support her as she struggled to walk correctly.

Taehyung felt his anger grow in intensity as the staff in the emergency made them wait. He hated the slow health care system. He hated to see Lisa in pain and not being able to do anything about it. More than ever, he hated that he couldn’t Lisa in the doctor’s office. Hence, Taehyung waited outside, continuously walking back and forth and praying to god that Lisa’s state wasn’t as bad as it looked. He hoped her bruises would heal rapidly.

When Lisa finally came out, the doctor seemed serious and its ached Taehyung’s heart. He eyes shifted from the doctor to Lisa, she had bandages and a paper in her hands, a prescription probably. Lisa remained silent and the doctor invited Taehyung inside. He didn’t want to leave Lisa out by herself, but he didn’t have any other options. The doctor promised he’d make it quick.

``May I ask, what’s your relationship with miss Manoban ``

‘‘I’m her boyfriend’’ Taehyung replied, with thinking of anything.

‘’She was assaulted and unconscious not long ago. Am I right?’’ The doctor continued.

Taehyung nodded, his mouth dry.

‘‘I don’t know what’s happening, but you should report it to the police. Lisa will need therapy to get through the trauma. I would like you to stay by her side’’ The doctor continued. ‘‘She needs support more than anything’’

xxx

Taehyung called the boys as soon his dropped Lisa home. He walked her inside and met her parents as well. He wanted to make sure she was safe and sound and that no one else was there to hurt her again. Lisa lied to her parents about the bandages, saying something along the lines of I just fell. Her lie didn’t really make much sense, but her parents didn’t persist understanding that Lisa didn’t want to talk about it.

Namjoon, Jin and Jimin were shocked by the news. Why would someone hurt Lisa?

“Maybe it’s not Lisa” Namjoon interjected in.

The boys turned their heads towards Namjoon as they waited for an explanation. “I mean, the first incident took place at your house Tae. Maybe someone’s after you and Lisa just got tangled in it” Namjoon explained as he took a sip of the beer in his hands. “She was in the wrong place at the wrong time”

Taehyung detected the rush of guilt breaking in once again. He thought about the countless possibilities. His parents had numerous deals with different companies. Their business wasn’t only working well in Korea, but internationally as well. Finding the person that might have something against his family was nearly impossible. Taehyung didn’t care much, all he wanted was Lisa out of this mess and it wasn’t only because he was truly interested by her, but simply because she didn’t deserve any of this.

 

“There’s only one person that can help you out” Namjoon voiced again, making Taehyung break out his thoughts.

 

He peaked at the boys and he knew exactly about who Namjoon was talking about and Taehyung nodded, agreeing.

 

Min Yoongi also known as SUGA, the best private agent in the Republic of Korea. He’s also a close relative of Namjoon and Taehyung was grateful to have such friends.

 

He contacted Suga, knowing very well the lack of investigation done by the police officers when it comes to small matters of citizens. Police officials are busier investigating political parties or other bigger matters. Taehyung knew he needed to get Suga if he wanted Lisa to be safe.

 

xxx

 

Taehyung visited Lisa the very next day, it was Saturday and a pretty cold day. Autumn was ending and Taehyung decided he’d bring Lisa a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter