ten.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘‘We couldn’t find much’’

Taehyung sighed once again. How can things be like this? How is it possible? Three security cameras and none of them caught that man’s face?

“You have to be kidding” Taehyung snapped, his hands slamming on the officer’s desktop. “Did you see him getting out of car? Any number plates?”

Another week had gone by since the incident at the restaurant and Taehyung has been going in and out from the police station, hoping they’ll find something. But every time, it was never enough and it frustrated Taehyung, because Suga was only coming to Seoul in a week. He was out of Korea for personal business and Namjoon implored him to come back as soon as he could for Taehyung and Lisa’s sake.

“Unfortunately, he was not facing any of the cameras. The only thing we can see is his silhouette. He’s about five feet seven, neither muscled nor fat. Exactly like Lisa described him after the incident at your house. Seems like it was the same man this time too”

“Lisa recognised his voice. We already knew that”

“We’ll have officers watching over. You don’t have to worry”

Taehyung sighed as he walked out. He couldn’t wait for Suga to come. One week had gone by without anything happening, but Taehyung knew it was just the calm before the storm, because instead of staying away from each other like that man ordered, Lisa and Taehyung spent every day together. Somehow, Taehyung succeeded in convincing Lisa to quit her work and the only times she’d step out of her house is to go to school. Taehyung would pick her up every morning. He wasn’t pleased seeing Jungkook every morning, but he didn’t care. He’d walk behind them and rolls his eyes at every remark made by Jungkook. He noticed the way his gaze was always on Lisa and it wasn’t the sweet type of gaze, but rather an obsessive one or maybe he was wrong… but whatever, Taehyung didn’t like him or his presence and it wasn’t solely because he liked Lisa, something was clearly off. Taehyung has that thing, that ability to feel someone’s energy and already know what type of person it is and Jungkook’s energy didn’t seem genuine to Taehyung. He wasn’t necessarily jealous, but the more he observed Jungkook, the more he noticed something strange. He wondered when was the moment when Jungkook fell in love with Lisa and why he’s staying quiet about it? Why didn’t he tell her? Or did he? He sighed again as he drove further down the street, to park himself in front of Lisa’s house. They were going out for the first time since the incident and Taehyung swore, he won’t leave her alone this time.

Lisa came out a couple of minutes later and as always, she looked stunning. Taehyung laughed, wondering how he never noticed her before, because she’s clearly the prettiest girl he’d ever laid his eyes on.

“You look like you just woke up” he joked, contradicting his thoughts.

“YA” Lisa snapped back, her arm hitting Taehyung’s shoulder. “Stop it”

“You get mad when I compliment you, so I thought I’d stop”

Lisa rolled her eyes as she buckled her seat belt. Taehyung’s compliments didn’t make her angry or anything, it just drove her crazy and she doesn’t know how to handle it. All that time, Lisa had a perception of Taehyung and she liked that perception she had of him. Getting to know was a bit risky, what’s if he’s not really like that? What if he turns out to be a complete jerk like everyone thought? The thing is Taehyung turned to be much better than what Lisa expected, and she didn’t know what to do about it. All she knew was that he loved basketball and his friends, but over the past week, she saw sides of him she hadn’t before and maybe, just maybe she was starting to really fall for him. She didn’t talk about this with Jungkook, nothing being sure herself. How do you even know when you love someone? Can you even love someone so fast? All Lisa knew was that she liked being with Taehyung and if that meant putting her life on the line, it didn’t seem to matter much.

“What are you thinking about?” Taehyung asked, taking a slight look at Lisa

“You”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter