eight.

Unrequited Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa distinguished Jin's nervous smile and Taehyung's usual smirk. The latter probably gave Jin a couple of tips on dating while the girls were in the washrooms. Sitting down on the table, both greeted the guys. Lisa hoped the rest of the date would go on as smoothly as possible and to her surprise, it did.

Jisoo seemed a lot less nervous, perhaps because she wasn't alone, and it allowed her to be more relax. On the other side, Jin wasn't talking much unlike his usual self. The only times he'd open his mouth was to ask questions particularly to Jisoo and he made sure to pay her as much attention as he could. Concerning Taehyung, he did his job as perfectly as he could. Every time a silence would grow, he'd say something, and everything would seem normal and even funny.

Lisa didn't talk much either. She observed Taehyung and noticed how good he is with people, how charming is he and how easily he can seduce anyone. She remarked his behaviour with the waitress when she walked up to take their table. The way he smiled and complimented her or perhaps it's just the way Taehyung is with everyone and Lisa's the one who's overthinking. Maybe his actions are nothing more than a reflection of basic manners. Despite trying to resonate, Lisa couldn't help but feel unhappy. After all, he's on date with her and should only pay attention to her, right?

But it's not even a real date, Lisa reminded herself.

 

***

 

“ I think Lisa and me, we should go.” Taehyung asserted, wiping his hands with a handkerchief.

“What?” Jisoo interjected in. “Already?”

“I promised Lisa's mother that I'll take her home before 9.”

“It's only 7 though.” Jin added in.

“Right. But Lisa and I, we have somewhere else to go also. Right Lisa?”

Lisa nodded despite Taehyung's statement being a complete lie. He never met her mother and they didn’t have to go anywhere. However, Lisa understood what Taehyung meant. He wanted to leave Jisoo and Jin alone for they must spend time on their own. Now that Jisoo was a lot more reassured, it seemed to be the perfect time to leave. Lisa bowed to Jin and hugged Jisoo, taking the chance to whisper in her ear. “It'll be fine, call me if there's anything.”

 

“So where do we go now?” Taehyung inquired as both walked out of the restaurant.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter