Chapter 11

UNEMPLOYED

I was busy printing the reports that Yoongi told me to do while he was busy typing and talking through the phone with a client, I think. Doesn't all businesses have one?

"Ellise." Yoongi called for me after he hung up on his phone.

"Yes?" I looked at him.

"I'm sorry but I think you can't go home early today." He said with a little bit of concern in his voice.

"Why?" I asked him.

"My father emailed me to re-arrange the presentation the other day and make another pile of its paper works. And It'll be presented tomorrow noon." He told me while scratching the back of his neck.

"And this time, the theme would be about our company." He added and looked at me.

"Wait, what? Father?" I asked, pointing at him with a confused look.

"Yes." He answered.

"Do you remember the old man from the last meeting when you came with me?" He asked.

"Uhmm... Yes, I do remember him." I nodded.

"He's my father." He said.

"And the CEO." He added.

Oh . I didn't even know that, that old man was their CEO all along. And I'm still calling him an old man. Oh, God.

"But why do we need to make another presentation for it?" I asked him.

"He always wanted to test me if I could be the next responsible CEO and follow his footsteps in this company, by making me do tons of work." He answered, removing his black tie.

"Oh really?" I commented.

"So should we start now?" He suggested as he stood up from his seat.

"Uhmm okay, but after I finish printing these." I chuckled and continued printing half of the paper works.

"So who should be doing the presentation?" He asked.

"I don't know, you?" I said while my eyes were still fixated on counting the number of papers printed

"But I'm not that good in making presentations."

"So you're saying that I should make it then?"

"No, it's not like that."

"You should make it, it's your presentation anyway." I told him. "But don't worry, I'll be giving you tips and observing you on how you'll making your power point presentation." I reassured him.

"Oh, thank you." He said.

"But you're also going to help me in making the paper works." I grinned as I grabbed a pile of the paper works from the printer and walked towards my desk. I placed it all beside the file cases and saw my phone vibrating, signaling that there was someone texting me.

"So shall we start?" He asked and I smiled at him in response. I looked at my phone and read the message. It was Ethan who sent it, saying that he'll be at the lobby in 5 minutes.

Oh .

I texted him back that I couldn't go home with him because of Yoongi's presentation, also adding that I'll be busy until tomorrow noon. I placed my phone down on my desk and opened my laptop, sitting on the chair in front of my desk.

We shared our ideas to each other as much time passed by and now it was one o'clock in the morning when we were about to finish the final presentation of our report.

"Hey, do you want to grab some coffee outside?" He asked.

"Oh, sure. I'd like to." I agreed. "Ah, but why don't we just make coffee with your coffee machine here?"

"Well, you know. So that we can also stretch and energize our bodies outside and also feel the fresh windy air while drinking a warm hot coffee." He explained.

"Uhmm, okay..?" I stood up from my seat, grabbing my wallet and phone.

--

We bought our drinks from Jeanneli's and Yoongi suggested that we should see the beautiful view of the city on the company building's rooftop so I agreed.

We finally arrived at the building's rooftop and we both just talked all night about how the company was, but then he suddenly asked about my life.

"Do you have a brother here?" Yoongi asked.

"Yes, yes I have." I answered.

"Perhaps his name is..."

"Ethan." We both said his name at the same time.

"I knew it." He spoke with a small chuckle.

"Why? Do I look like him?" I asked, looking at him in the eye.

"Yes, but I think you look better." He uttered, immediately avoiding my eyes. I can even see a pink blush getting redder on his cheeks.

"Is it cold?" I asked him and turned my eyes to the beautiful scenery of Seoul's city lights.

"And why is that?" He asked

"Because your face is red." I chuckled and he let out a cough.

"You know, I think we should be doing our work now at this hour." He shyly said and walked away while I let out a small laugh.