Chapter 10

UNEMPLOYED

It was already twelve noon and I am freakin' hungry! I still have tons of pages to type on this damn computer and I don't have much energy left now!

This .

While I was typing, my phone vibrated on my desk. I look on to it and saw a notification of Vanessa's text to me, asking if I would want to eat lunch with her.

Oh yes, how I love to!

I texted her back, saying that I'll be coming with her for lunch.

As I was about to open the door to leave, Yoongi opened it from the outside. He looked at me from head to toe. "Do you want to come and eat lunch with me?" He asked without looking at my eyes. I noticed that there was a hint of tiredness from his voice.

"Uhmmm... Vanessa--uh, I mean--Ms. Smith is already waiting for me at the lobby." I told him.

"Ah, okay." He said, walking away.

"... But if you want to come, I think you can eat lunch with us!" I spoke.

"No, it's okay." As soon as he reached his desk, he stopped walking and turned around to my direction. "But maybe I think it will be alright." He said, and I just gave him a smile.

And so we walked together to the lobby.

We were now seated in a fancy restaurant that Yoongi chose himself. I was seated beside him while Vanessa was seated in front of us. And I swear, this atmosphere is so uncomfortable.

"So uhmm... What should we order?" I started talking and took a look at the menu and both of them followed. As I was looking at prices, the food were expensive, as expected of Yoongi's choice.

"Hey, are you going to treat us?" I leaned to Yoongi's ear and whispered.

"What?" He said and looked at me.

"Well, you know. The food here is expensive and I don't think Ms. Smith and I can't afford this." I whispered again. Ms. Smith and I planned to eat in a fast food restaurant but he came along and picked this expensive place, but I'm not blaming him that he came with us.

I swear.

"Oh, really?" He asked, clueless about the atmosphere.

"I'm ordering a plate of medium-rare steak." Vanessa said, which made me confused. "Don't worry, I'm going to pay for my own food." She added with a smile.

"Good choice, madam. Have you two already decided on what you're going to eat?" The waiter asked us.

"I think you'll just be treating me again, hehe." I whispered to him again with an awkward laugh. Yoongi just smiled with a small chuckle. "Okay, I'm just going with the steak too!" I told the waiter.

'Cause it's the only dish I know in every kind of fancy restaurants that can satisfy my tummy.

"Well then I'll be having a plate of ratatouille." He ordered.

--

The food we ordered came. Vanessa and Yoongi were eating with poise and grace while on the other hand, I'm having a hard time cutting this freaking piece of meat.

As soon as we finished eating our lunch, we--I mean, they paid for our food. We then left the restaurant afterwards. I began to start craving for some sweets and desserts.

'Ice cream,' I thought to myself with a grin on my face.

I ran to the nearest convenience store, and yes I am running with this freaking shoes, leaving Yoongi & Vanessa for a while, and bought 3 packs of Melona ice cream with the flavors of melon, banana, and strawberry.

I almost tripped while running towards them, and handing them the ice cream I bought for them while I was gasping for air.

"Thank you, Ellise." Vanessa thanked so I gave her a small smile, still panting.

"I don't eat ice cream after eating lunch." Yoongi looked at me blankly.

"Just accept and eat it. That's the least thing that I can give for you, especially after you payed for the lunch I ate, and the other day." I told him.

We ate the ice cream as we walked towards Yoongi's car. He opened his door while biting a piece of his ice cream. He was also driving while eating it. Wait, why the am I only talking about him inside my head?

We safely arrived at the company building and also finished eating our ice cream.

"Thank you for the ride and food, Sir." Vanessa said with a bow. Yoongi just nodded at her in reply.

"Bye, Vanessa." I told her while she waved back.

And now Yoongi and I walked towards our office.

We both walked into the office room and I heard him spoke. "Well, since you already charged yourself up, I hope you can finished the report right away." I just sighed right away as I remembered that I still had more work to do.

"Oh and by the way, nice dress." He complimented with his back still facing to my direction, walking towards his desk.

What did I just heard