The Curiosity List

The 911 Call (A Short Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Every single time I read a story, a book, or a simple tale that I end up loving, I think to myself “I wish I could know the little things behind this”; and I realize a while ago that thanks to this awesome site and you guys I had the chance to became an author of crazy yet interesting stories, and as the writer I can also tell you some curiosities of the stories that maybe you want to know or didn’t quite understand because they were hanging in the air.

 

Today, I’m going to start my section of Curiosity List with The 911 Call (A Short Story) 

 

One: Inspiration.


 

One of those times where I was just procrastinating, I was watching Youtube videos of 911 calls. I don’t know if you guys have noticing this but I am creepy, so I love watch, read and hear creepy things, I watched a news where apparently a mother answers the 911 call of her dying son: basically, I think is the girlfriend who makes the call saying that the guy has been shot, little did she knew the mother of the guy was going to answer the call, so she passes the phone to the guy and the mother/dispatcher talks to him and assure him that everything will be ok.

 

So I thought – why ing not – and changed a little bit the story.

 

Also, this is inspired on the Halle Berry movie The Call where she is a 911 dispatcher and she receives a call from a girl who has been abducted; at the end the responsable is a crazy psychopath who has been murdering girls here and there that look like his dying sister. I don’t know if you guys have watched that but is kind of cool.

 

Two: One shot.

 

 

Initially this was going to be a One Shot kind of fanfic, but I didn’t want to make it SO long, so I separate the already 30 pages Word document into 7 chapters, which I named “Calls” because… I didn’t want to call them “Chapters”, lol.

 

Three: DaraHae. (Royals)

 

 

Originally this was going to be a DaraHae fanfic, but I got into depression when Donghae went to military service and I didn’t want to write stories with him anymore. (Until now >.<).

 

By the way. 

 

 

Look how extremely gorgeous he is.

 

Four: Jungkook or Jimin?

 

 

At first I was a little confuse with who I was going to do the fanfic; I was clear about Roseanne but I didn’t know which one between Jungkook or Jimin I would use. Why? Well, I am a hardcore RoseKook shipper but my bias in Bangtan, even though I love them all, is Jimin…

 

Do you know what I did?

 

I ask to mom “hey mom, which name is weirder for you? Jung Kook? Or Ji Min?”, she answered “Jung what?” And I knew it.

 

Five: First person point of view.

 

 

After I had my protagonists, I started to think third person point of view was going to be very boring to do; first: because I didn’t want to describe Roseanne’s position in order to keep the suspense of – where the hell she was or who the hell kidnapped her – second: I thought that it will be even more realistic because that’s an everyday thing for 911 dispatchers; they are blind in this kinds of situations.

 

Six: Call I.

 

 

- In the first Call (Chapter) Jungkook and Tzuyu are dating… yes… dating. It’s not explicit in the writing but they are. She wants him to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter