Call 3

The 911 Call (A Short Story)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

12:36 am.

 

“I understand” I said to the girl on the phone.

 

Another suicide call tonight.

 

“I will hang myself, I swear”

 

“You know you’re special and no one can tell you the opposite”.

 

“I don’t think so Jungkook” She is sobbing. “I swear this is the only way out”

 

I sighed.

 

Sometimes these calls are very difficult. I already had an unsuccessful case an hour ago and if this doesn’t work, it would be so awful for me.

 

“Sana, I know life can be hard sometimes, it is a prove that we’re living, you shouldn’t harm yourself, something wonderful is waiting for you in the future, don’t throw it away for a random guy”

 

“Is there somebody out there who cares about me?” She stopped crying for a second.

 

“Your mother, you told me she loves you. You think she doesn’t understand but she does, she does understands you and loves you”

 

“I love my mom too” She started to cry hard once again.

 

“See?, You want to let your mother alone?”

 

She sniffed. “No, I don’t want that”

 

She started to think straight.

 

“Where do you think I can hid the rope?” She asked.

 

“That’s my girl. Can I trust you to put that rope away from you? Put it on a place far?”

 

“I will put it somewhere high” She said. “I can’t make any noise, my mom is sleeping”

 

“Ok, save it away from you and think about all the people that loves you no matter what. I want you to go and lay down with your mom and hug her so tight until she wakes up, ok?”

 

“I will” She whispered to me.

 

“If you want you can call us again if you feel distress and the thoughts come back, are you agreed?”

 

I saw Jimin bringing me more coffee in my bottle. He mouthed the word “boys?” and I nod at him.

 

This is very current, like you don’t have any idea.

 

“Awesome. You are amazing, remember that”

 

“Thanks Jungkook, thank you so much”

 

“You’re totally welcome Sana”

 

And she ended the call.

 

I let my body fall on the backrest of my seat and breathe deeply.

 

Sometimes I feel really bad for the girls that calls with such a problems. It’s kind of sad to only hear them say their life doesn’t worth it because a guy left them. It’s a bit silly. But my expierence in this place, also taught me that girls aren’t the only one who calls for help as they feel alone; boys does that too; I’ve received a few calls from boys who also wants to end their lives because his girlfriend leave him.

 

Love is something so strong to the point of driving you to your own death? That’s interesting.

 

“Dude” He said. “Boys again? Why girls take that attitude towards douches like us?”

 

“You might be a douche” I said as I took a sip from my coffee. “I’m not”

 

He narrows his eyes at me. “Yeah right, yeah, yeah” He rolled his eyes after.

 

“How’s Jennie?” I asked as I glance at the hallway.

 

Jennie got a call a half an hour ago and she, sadly, heard the murder of two children, police didn’t arrive on time. She was on the therapy room with Mrs. Park. When everything happened, we could hear her running towards the hallway crying out loud.

 

“Still crying” Jimin said, clearly upset about it. “I was on the kitchen doing the coffee and I could hear her”

 

I breathe heavily. I feel very bad, I had the same experience for a time and it is very hard to move from it. Even if you talk and talk and talk and write and keep talking, the sound is despicable. You have to endure until someone cuts the calls, there is no way out. It’s kind of sadistic in some point.

 

“I hope she is ok soon”

 

1:05am

 

As the night was passing, it was in deed very chill: a few serious calls, all successfully attended, one prank and thousands of suicide callers who were pushed to hurt themselves because of Saturday night loneliness.

 

“911, where is your emergency?”

 

“Dude, please send somebody to my place. There is a er outside my house throwing eggs at my window”

 

“A police in the way sir, can you please tell me if you recognize the person?”

 

“He’s yelling, he’s my wife’s lover!” He yells at me clearly angry at her. “WHAT THE IS HE TALKING ABOUT SUSAN?”

 

“Sir, please calm down. A police officer will be there in any minute so you can discuss that with h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter