M E & M Y B R O K E N H E A R T

Path

-1-

The wind blew colder as he walked all alone in the streets that they used to toddle together. He didn’t mind the noise of the cars that sped through the highway when he was pacing slowly at the bridge; he just wanted to feel the warmth that was embedded on his heart to go with the icy wind. It was difficult to move on if he himself was still looking, was still yearning for that same heat, same warmth, same love from the person who has never really given it to him. It was stupid of him to not tell her in the first place, now she’s basically giving that one thing he wanted to have most to the person he never expected her to love; his brother. He looked up the sky and breathed deeply as he closed his eyes shut. He looked at the sidewalk once more and noticed the emptiness. It was odd that there was no one else on that bridge that night, then again it was a few minutes past 2 am, no one may be walking around at that time except those who work at night, those who were out in parties, or those who are facing serious problems.

“Youngjae”

He looked back from where he walked as he heard a faint voice, a faint yet familiar voice calling out to his name.

He shook his head as he breathed gently; the alcohol must be playing with him this time. He wasn’t sure if it is, he only drank 2 bottles, 3 bottles weaker than what he’s able to tolerate.

“But I can't be sober, I cannot sleep”

A loud drunk voice of a woman startled him. He immediately turned his head to see a drunken girl walking down the street. He didn’t mind her at first, maybe she has problems, and the song the girl was singing was obviously something that doesn’t show what’s happening at the moment. She’s not sober at all, she’s completely drunk and out of mind.

He was about to pass by her when he saw strings of blood flowing from her wrist. She grabbed her hair forcefully and just started to cry tearlessly. He wanted to ignore her still; he’s not in the position to meddle in her life, right?

But just when he was about to leave the girl alone, she pushed herself mindlessly on the barrier of the bridge and yelled her heart out. She climbed it recklessly and sat on the edge. He tried to hold her back but he heard her soft sobs. He looked at her face that was covered by her black wavy hair and saw the sparkling tears that fell from her dark brown eyes.

“But what about me?” she whispered softly

He closed his eyes shut and decided to clap the girl’s back gently. Curiously enough, the girl didn’t mind him touching her, instead, she continued to cry and yell at her might

“Why did you left me here behind?!”

She yelled out in the open. Youngjae felt the pain that the girl was feeling, her words, her tears, her emotion was overflowing, and somehow it affected him.

With all the force that she was putting, her pants started to slightly slip her off the ledge, making Youngjae hold her by the waist. Without the girl knowing, he pulled her to the ground and let her sit down on the cemented floor.

“Why does he have to leave me all alone here in this ed up world?” she asked him

Bewildered by the sudden question, he looked at the girl and let out a chuckle.

“Things happen for a reason, maybe it’s not just meant to be”

He looked at the asphalt nearby and just sighed at the memory of the girl he loved but never loved him back. Tears were threatening to fall down his pink cheeks until the girl fell asleep on his shoulder.

“You said you’d grow old with me” she softly said as she failed to hold back a tear.

He looked at her a bit bewildered and hurt with what she said before she became unconscious. Did something happen that wasn’t supposed to? The girl groaned when she accidentally rubbed her wound on his watch.

He didn’t want to leave her then and there, that was too rude of him, he thought to himself. Carefully, he carried the girl on his back and decided to take care of her for the rest of the night.


Ok this .... forgive me