Final

Dinner For Two
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It had been a long two months for me and my husband. I had lost my way and cheated on him with a co-worker named Baekhyun, someone my husband actually new well and frequently went out for beers with, and in the end we had gotten caught. Since then, we had been attending couples therapy and things were beginning to look up.

According to our therapist, we had simple gotten too caught up in every day life that we had forgotten about each other and lost interest. Simple things like going out on a date like we were teenagers, getting each other chocolates and flowers, or simply cooking dinner at home together was the path to go, to finding our marriage again. To finding love again.

On this particular day, Junmyeon and I both had to work but agreed to go straight home afterwards and have a candlelit dinner together. Being that he arrived home earlier than I did, he agreed to go out and buy the groceries and meet me back home to prepare together. 

When evening finally came, I boarded my usual bus home but stopped a few blocks from home to buy our favorite wine from the nearby liquor store. I had a positive feeling that tonight was going to be wonderful and a great rebirth for our marriage, bringing Junmyeon and I closer than ever before. I had carried the weight and guilt of my infidelity with me for the past few weeks and tonight I wanted to lift the burden and move on with my gracious husband.

He was already chopping away on the steak we'd agreed on for dinner. Cubed steak with veggies and a cheesecake for dessert. It sounded delicious and the wine I'd bought would go perfectly along with it.

"How was work?" Junmyeon asked as I kicked my shoes off and prematurely went to pour a glass of wine.

"Same as usual," I muttered. Belately, I realized we were supposed to be opening up so I dug for something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter