Pt.22

Blue
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warnings for this part: mentions of violence and blood 

The next morning didn't differ from the ones before; you woke up to Minhyuk sleeping next to you and went about your day without talking much with each other. For most of the day, the apartment was filled with a silence. It wasn’t uncomfortable silence, quite the opposite. Neither one of you felt the need to talk and just spent the day lounging around.

You exchanged gazes every now and then but didn’t start a conversation. You were enjoying the book you spent the whole day reading. He seemed to enjoy spending most of the day on his phone or in the kitchen.

Despite what had happened the evening before, nothing had really changed. You two still spent your day speaking very little to each other. There was no romance whatsoever in the air even though you felt an unfamiliar warmth inside your body. There was nothing particularly special about the gazes you exchanged, though maybe Minhyuk’s gaze was a little softer now than before.

In the evening, a little over eight o’clock, you heard the doorbell ring. You and Minhyuk exchanged looks before you got up from the couch and headed to the hallway. Your mind was blank when you grabbed the handle and opened the door.

The view in front of your eyes was disturbing, to say the least.

Hoseok’s face was covered in small bruises and bleeding cuts. He barely managed to hold Yuna up as she seemed to be bleeding to death. Her clothes were covered in blood with there being more blue, blood-stained than clean fabric.

Frozen, you only stared at the two with wide eyes. The situation was scary yet confusing. It was obviously serious judging from the two’s conditions but you had no idea what to do.

“Please let us in,” Hoseok’s voice sounded very exhausted and desperate as he struggled to stand while supporting Yuna’s almost completely limp body. “She needs help.”

Even a blind person would have been able to tell that she needed help. Still, you just stood there. You weren’t sure if the need she helped would be available at your place.

Yuna looked dead already even though she was breathing very loudly. Her eyes were closed and her body was limp. She was so badly injured that you doubted you’d be of much help to her. Of course, taking her to a hospital originally wasn’t even an option because of her blood but still, it did sound like the only option at that moment. A bad one, but also the only one available.

You turned your head upon hearing footsteps from behind you. You could barely see Minhyuk’s face before he pushed past you and stopped between you and the two.

“Leave,” his voice was cold.

“Please, she-“

“I don’t care,” Minhyuk’s coldness surprised even you who had had your share of it. “Leave. Go somewhere else.”

“Are you serious?” Hoseok sounded just as taken aback as you were.

“I don’t want her here. Not under this roof,” Minhyuk seemed like another person.

Hoseok stood there, dumbfounded, for a bit. He glanced at you over his shoulder once and then looked at his friend again. “Is it because of her?” Hoseok asked. “Because of what happened?”

“Get out,” Minhyuk didn’t answer his question.

“Because you think this will put her in danger?” Hoseok didn’t budge. He sounded upset, offended almost. “You’re throwing me away because of her?”

“She’s my weakness,” Minhyuk pointed out with an angry tone. “There’s a difference. If you care about me, leave now. I don’t want that girl here.”

“Too bad,” Hoseok didn’t hesitate to spit back at him. “I happen to care about you just as much as I do about her. There’s no difference between a friend and a weakness in my case. They are the same thing and you know it.”

For a moment, the two just stared at each other. Neither one of them seemed to be ready to compromise so you decided to step in. Literally.

Minhyuk seemed surprised and slightly disappointed when you wrapped Yuna’s arm around your shoulder to help her inside. You looked at him in the eyes. “I can’t let her die like this. I couldn’t help Eunkyung, let me at least ry to save her girlfriend.”

Despite the disappointment and slight anger in his eyes, he moved aside and let you three come inside. Seemed like his statement of you being his weakness was true.

You didn’t know what to do but you tried. After helping Yuna to the couch and laying her down on it, you went into the bathroom to find anything to help with the bleeding. You looked inside every single cabinet but found nothing.

What happened to all my first aid stuff?

While you tried to look for anything that could help the girl who was dying on the couch of your living room, Hoseok called someone. He wasn’t in good shape either but still stood next to the couch while waiting for the person to pick up his call. Minhyuk wasn’t in the living room when you went there.

“Hurry,” Hoseok ended the call soon after you appeared.

“Who did you call?” you asked him.

“Someone who is neither a friend or an enemy,” he said while looking at Yuna. “Someone I can trust.”

“Are they going to help?” you hesitantly looked at him. It pained you to look at his abused face.

“We’ll see,” he answered shortly and turned away to walk into the kitchen. “She is coming,” you heard him say to who you figured was Minhyuk.

“Great,” Minhyuk’s voice spat.

“Thank you for letting us in,” Hoseok ignored his annoyance and thanked his friend with sincerity.

“You can thank _____ for that, I wouldn’t have let you in if she hadn’t acted like that.”

A silence filled the apartment. You thought about Minhyuk’s words while standing next to the couch.

I never would have expected him to act like that…

It had been weird seeing Minhyuk reject Hoseok so coldly. He had obviously developed a barrier against Yuna. He saw her as a threat to himself and apparently to you.

He said I’m his weakness…

“What happened?” you heard his voice ask Hoseok in the kitchen.

“I’m not sure…” Hoseok’s tired voice answered. “It must have been the higher-ups or the clan.”

There was a brief silence.

“Vampires came to the safe house… They just appeared out of nowhere,” his voice eventually continued. “There were at least a few dozens of them. We were this close to dying.”

“What did you do to get away?” Minhyuk asked.

“Jumped out of the window,” Hoseok answered with a dry laugh after a short silence. “And threw a few punches. Though I must admit that I received some, too…”

“Well it sure looks like you did,” Minhyuk’s voice said with a hint of amusement in it.

You thought it was weird how calm they were. Yuna was still pretty much bleeding to death in the living room.

“I figured it would buy us more time to bring her here instead of our place,” Hoseok said. “I’m sorry. I know this puts _____ in danger.”

Minhyuk didn’t say anything for a bit. “We’ll manage.”

“Do you love her?” Hoseok calmly asked a question that made your heart skip a beat.

“I don’t know…” Minhyuk answered. “How would I know? I don’t even know what it means to be in love. Even after spending all those years around _____ and the humans around her, I still have no idea.”

Hearing that, your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter