Rain

Sailing (That Summer)

"Sailing into the night
Under the night sky filled with darkness
Even though we cannot see the end
We are again and again and again
Even though it may
Become faint over the years
I won’t stop like the promise
On that summer day"

One day, a guy came up to you and had the courage to let his feelings out for you.

He was the man that you like since the very first day. He's good-looking, I must admit. A well-mannered person with a heart of an angel. How could not anyone fall for him, right?

I watched you, feeling a bit teary-eyed when you reached out for the bouquet of roses he was holding. Smiling ever so sweetly, you muttered a 'yes' and hugged him tightly, whilst everyone cheered for the both of you.

As I stood there, I didn't feel like letting you go just yet. But I know, deep inside, that's the only way to move on from all the feelings I've been feeling since the day we met.

I lowered my head as I smiled in content, muttering those three words before walking away from the crowd.

"You're free now."

"I won’t wander not knowing where to go
During countless wanderings
In which I found a vividly sparkling star."

Of course, everywhere I go, I'd always see you with him. Holding each other's hands while talking and laughing about some random things.

Your time with me became less as you spend those hours with him. You'd always apologize and make it up to me when possible. I don't want to burden because you should be with him, and I know that you've tried your best on seeing me.

I've been trying hard to keep up with our friendship while you were keeping up with your relationship together.

Those moments that we'd go home together, he'll scold and get mad at you the next day.

I was mad.

I want to rip his head off.

He's starting to hurt you, but you weren't doing anything.

I once made an attempt on forcing you to break up with him, but you didn't listen.

"At the end of a long voyage
You are the world I met
When I detoured, it’s you."

You'd call me stupid when I pull you away from him, those were the times that his grip on your arm is getting tighter and a red mark would form on your porcelain skin.

He's angry.

But I'm boiling inside and out.

"Stop meddling with our relationship. Go home, Taeyeon."

Those were like knives being thrown at me at the same time.

You don't want me to interfere.

And for the first time, I actually listened to your illogical reason.

"He's just mad, but he's a great guy."

Even if he's mad, shouldn't he stick to being a great guy instead?

"You know it’s true."

And then, we suddenly drifted after.

I didn't know where hole he dragged you into but you weren't yourself when you came to school.

Your friends told me you've been going to a club with him. Of course, you learned how to drink alcohol and surprisingly, gamble whenever you're with him.

He's a bad influence and he'll ruin your life.

I did stop you.

Nevertheless, you shoved me away and told me not to come back.

At last, a phrase that triggered me to finally leave you two alone.

"Don't appear in front of my face again. I don't need you at all."