Inside

Sailing (That Summer)

"Sailing into the night
Even though we may be left in the darkness
Let's be together until the end
We are again and again and again."

We went to a trip for five days, remember? We visited the favorite place you wanted to go to since you were a kid.

Italy.

I was so happy that I saw your smile every minute, and never forget to make my heart flutter.

The way your hair bounced whenever you jump in glee. Your hair swaying wherever the wind commanded. Those rosy cheeks of yours that needed my hand's warmth. Twinkling eyes from the excitement you were feeling.

And the way your lips slipped those words that I got to hear, again.

"Thank You!"

Butterflies everywhere.
 

"Even though it may
Become faint over the years
I will keep it like the promise
On that summer day."

It was a Saturday noon that you sulked on a corner and sobbed quietly. We both found out that we weren't going to be in the same class anymore.

Did you know that I actually laughed at you that time? Well, just a little bit.

Why, you ask?

Because we were only a step away from each other. Our rooms were just side by side, and yet, you cried for hours while hugging me ever so tight.

Eventually getting my shirt soaked of your tears. Worth it though.

But you know what I'm happy about?

Is that you actually cared for me.
 

"Under the soft moonlight
To the sound of the broken waves
I'm anxious that you may be alone right now
How are you feeling today?
Did something happen, are you alright?"

It wasn't that long before I let you be on your own, one of your friends told me that you were crying. Again.

I immediately felt my heart breaking into million of pieces, and had to cut classes just to check if you’re okay.

As expected, you weren't.

You cried nonstop while leaning on my shoulder and telling me how you didn't even get to say goodbye to your parents.

Of course, I was sad too- I treated your parents just like mine.

But I knew you needed someone to rely on, and I knew I had to be strong.

You stayed at my apartment because you said you were scared and didn't want to be alone.

And I complied, by singing for you, as a lullaby.

"All your expressions make my day."

Finally, you smiled, just before the night ended.
 

"Sometimes, you may get too familiar with all this love
And your pace may slow down
But I will wait for you."

It took a month before you fully recovered from that tragedy.

During those days that I have to see your sullen eyes, thin lips, and pinkish nose, I endured the pain in my heart too.

It hurts to see you devastated.

All my attempts in making you happy, just a small curve on those lips- none of them turned successful.

But I didn't left.

I waited, until you came to me by yourself.

Fixed and back to normal. Just like my best friend that you are.