The First Snow [One-Shot]

The First Snow

Title: The First Snow
By: SSZE_A501

 

 

 

Hyunseong turned his face to the side, looking at the empty seat next to him. When he saw the empty seat next to him, there Hyunseong felt something was about to explode inside him. Hyunseong tried and tried to calm himself up, not to bring him down. When he calmed himself down, there he could hear the sound of a bell coming through his ears. When he heard the sound of the bell, as if someone was calling him, he looked outside the window. Outside the window, there was a guy who was just standing outside with his eyes closed, wearing the winter hat on his head. The snow came down from the sky, as it landed on the persons white cardigan. The cardigan was so white, that it looked like it was made out of snow. The person who was just standing there, moved his hands and then put it up close to his face. His eye lashes started to shake, as his lips started to tremble. It looked just like how Hyunseong was when he was trying to calm himself up.

Even though, he has to... but he couldn't take his eyes off at that person standing outside the snow. The person soon felt that someone was looking at him, that he slowly opened his eyes and turned his face to where Hyunseong was. When they both met their eyes, the person took one step at a time closer to Hyunseong and walked towards the window. When he was now standing outside the window, he smiled towards Hyunseong. Then the person came inside the cafe. He walked upto where Hyunseong was and sat next to the empty seat next to him. When he sat down, he grabbed the book that Hyunseong was reading. The person who was fiddling with Hyunseong's bookmark soon, looked up at him. Hyunseong, moved his lips to say something.

 

"... what do you want to drink?"

 

When Hyunseong said that to the person... no, Jeongmin, he nodded his head. Hyunseong looked at Jeongmin who was sitting next to him and gave him a smile.

 

"What... do you want to drink?"

"... anything."

 

Jeongmin who replied to him with his smile, soon turned his attention to the book that Hyunseong was reading again. Hyunseong who didn't like that, grabbed the book and put it down on the table infront of him. Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong.

 

"... look at me."

 

Jeongmin who was looking at Hyunseong speaking to him pleadingly, soon, made out a laugh.

 

"You didn't change at all... Shim Hyunseong... you never change."

 

Hyunseong nodded his head towards Jeongmin.

 

"... there's no way I can change... I'm the fool as usual."

"... funny, you call yourself a fool."

 

At the same time, the waitress came towards where Hyunseong and Jeongmin was. When Jeongmin looked at the waitress, Hyunseong's eyes then looked away from Jeongmin and looked at the waitress who was waiting for an order.

 

"... excuse me..."

"Hot... cocoa drink please."

 

When Hyunseong said that, the waitress was looking at Hyunseong for a long time, then nodded her head and walked away. When the waitress walked away, Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong.

 

"Why did you only order one?"

"... one is enough."

"Aren't you going to drink?"

"I'm not going to drink."

"... really?"

 

Hyunseong wanted to hold Jeongmin's hand who was fiddling with his fingers, while looking at him. Hyunseong took his hand out to grab his hand but put his hand down again. Jeongmin who saw Hyunseong doing that, made a sad smile on his face. Jeongmin looked away from Hyunseong and opened the jar where there had a packet of sugar, and started stacking them up one by one. Then, Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong again, in the corner of his eyes and whispered softly to himself.

 

"... you're going drink mine."

 

Hyunseong laughed out loud.

 

"You're trying to drink mine again. Right?"

 

Jeongmin who was now into stacking the pack of sugar, didn't pay attention to what Hyunseong was doing. Hyunseong who kept on laughing, tried to calm himself down.

 

"... Lee Jeongmin."

"Yeah."

"When... can we be together again?"

 

When Jeongmin heard what Hyunseong said, the stack of sugar fell down on the table. Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong. Jeongmin was making a face, the sad face, but Hyunseong was looking quite serious to this question.

 

"I... really can't..."

"... Shim Hyunseong."

 

'Don't be weak.' Jeongmin's voice suddenly became cold. But, Jeongmin's voice was also trembling so much, that he was thinking the same thing as Hyunseong right now. Jeongmin also showed that he wanted to be with him as well. Jeongmin grabbed onto Hyunseong's scarf around his neck. Slowly, he leaned in and hugged him and pulled away quickly, looking back at Hyunseong. Hyunseong grabbed onto Jeongmin's hand. Hyunseong looked like he was going to cry any time soon, as he was looking at Jeongmin he tried to keep his tears inside as he spoke to him.

 

"... I'm... now, turning twenty five soon... I can see you like this right now, but... sooner or later... the memories we had together will be gone as time goes by... and that way, I will forget you... just thinking about that I can't see you anymore... maybe, I should just die..."

"I told you not to say something like that!!!"

 

Hyunseong looked at Jeongmin. Jeongmin who was looking into Hyunseong's eyes, was getting all teary. Hyunseong made a sad smile towards Jeongmin.

 

"... then... what should I do... If you keep on appear infront of me, like that... I won't be able to do anything... because I'll miss you so much... right now, you infront of me looking like that, looks so pretty... so pretty... that I don't want to let you go..."

 

When Hyunseong finished his words, Jeongmin let all his tears out that he was holding inside him.

 

Do you think... that I appeared infront of you with no reason?... how could I... how could I leave when you're becoming weak day by day. You say all these things, which makes you weak... which makes me appear infront of you. I also want to be with you. I want to be with you forever. I... I want to be with you... It's so cold... and you're not there by my side... so, it made me lonely... but... that is just... unfair to you.

7 years passed... so....

 

 

*

 

 

7 years ago... the last winter we had together. There was Jeongmin waiting for Hyunseong infront of the traffic. Behind, Jeongmin was a cafe where they put up a early christmas carol. Hyunseong and Jeongmin got into the same university and Hyunseong asked if they could live together. When Hyunseong said that Jeongmin was abit surprised, but at the same time happy that he asked him that because that was the word that he wanted to say to Hyunseong as well, but he was so happy that Hyunseong asked him first. Jeongmin was fiddling with his fingers while waiting for Hyunseong to come, it was windy and cold. Jeongmin was wearing the white cardigan. His hand were red that he put his hand close up to his face and started blowing his hand to make it warmer. He was looking to the left and right, but there was no sign of Hyunseong anywhere. Jeongmin took his phone out of his pocket.

 

- Where are you?

 

Jeongmin pressed the send button, and was walking around to make himself feel warm waiting for a reply.

 

- Why, miss me?

 

If it was other days, Jeongmin would have punched Hyunseong on the shoulders and would be complaining to him, but he didn't know why, unlike other times he missed Hyunseong very much.

 

- Yeah.

 

Jeongmin was regretting that he just replied him like that, but it seemed like it wasn't to Hyunseong because he replied back so fast.

 

- Really? Really???  I~ can see you.

 

When Jeongmin read Hyunseong's message, he put his phone down, and looked around him. Then, his eyes stopped at the oppisite side of him. Hyunseong who felt happy that Jeongmin found him, was waving his hand towards him. When the traffic changed, Hyunseong came running towards where Jeongmin was.

 

"What is this... why were you late... do you know how cold I was?"

"Sorry, I wanted to get you something..."

"?"

 

Hyunseong had something in his hand and gave it to Jeongmin. Look how it's wrapped... did he do this? Well... I'm alittle bit touched. Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong.

 

"Did you do this by yourself?"

"Ah, yeah. I only wrapped it."

"Yeah, I knew that you did it, because it looks so bad."

"It looks bad?"

 

Hyunseong made a sad expression, Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong. Seeing him sad like that... cute.

 

"... no, I was joking. Thank you..."

 

Jeongmin who said that felt shy, that he faced down looking on the ground. Hyunseong who saw him like that, put a smile on his face.

 

"Can I see what it is?"

 

When Jeongmin asked, Hyunseong just nodded his head towards him. Jeongmin slowly and carefully opened the wrapped present. There was a red box when he finished opening the wrap. When Jeongmin opened the box, there was a white furry winter hat. It looked so warm. Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong. Hyunseong seemed to be waiting for Jeongmin's feedback.

 

"... am I a pororo?"

 

Jeongmin said to him coldly, which made Hyunseong scratch the back of his head. Jeongmin was fiddling with the little round thing attached to the hat and smiled.

 

"... well... the hat is so pretty... that i'll be your pororo."

 

Jeongmin who took the hat out of the box, handed the empty box to Hyunseong. Hyunseong grabbed onto the box that Jeongmin gave him. Jeongmin slowly put the winter hat on his head. As he thought, it was so warm and made him relax. When Jeongmin put a smile on his face, Hyunseong as well automatically put a smile on his face as well.

 

"... it suits you really well... it's pretty. It matches with your white cardigan as well."

"Sure, you're not just saying that?"

 

Hyungseong shook his head a lot of times.

 

"Really. It looks really really really good on you!!!"

 

'Jjang!' Hyunseong put two thumbs up towards Jeongmin, and then laughed out loud because he felt embarrassed. Soon, it was getting really dark outside.

 

"I'll take you home."

"It's okay."

"It's dangerous. The weather is cold, that the road is slippery..."

"You worry too much. Today, you should go first. I want to see you go home first this time."

"Lee Jeongmin."

"Aren't you going?, that's it, I'm just going to stay at my house."

"Okay, okay."

 

Hyunseong was walking away, but he kept on stopping and stopping looking back at Jeongmin was. Soon, he turned around and walked back to where he was.

 

"What is it?"

"... ah, um..."

 

Hyunseong was saying something that Jeongmin couldn't understand. Then, he looked up at the sky.

 

"Oh, look!!!"

"?"

 

Hyunseong pointed up to the sky with his index finger, which made Jeongmin look up at the sky. When Jeongmin was looking around the sky, Hyunseong took the change to give a little peck on Jeongmin's cheek and ran away quickly as possible. Jeongmin was surprised that he just stood froze in that spot and then slowly turned his head to see Hyunseong. Hyunseong was already far away from Jeongmin, and was waving both of his hand towards Jeongmin.

 

"I'll call you!!! Becareful on the way home!!!"

"Shim Hyunseong!!! You're dead!!!"

 

He said that to Hyungseong, but he couldn't hide his red face that he covered his cheeks with his hand. At the same time, he put his hand on his cheek, the snow came down from the sky and landed on Jeongmin's nose. Huh?... Jeongmin looked up at the sky. It was snowing little by little. Jeongmin didn't move, and was just looking at the snow coming down from the sky. At the same time, there was a loud sound of the car tyre skiding. Jeongmin put his head down, looking at where the sound was coming from. The big truck which had went through the slippery road, was coming towards where Jeongmin was standing at.

 

 

*

 

 

"Forget it."

  

Jeongmin stood up from the seat. At the same time, the waitress came with a warm cocoa drink and put it on the table. When the waitress walked away,
Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong. Hyunseong was also looking up at Jeongmin. Jeongmin put his hands up, and was about to grab the warm cocoa in his
hand. It was so sudden, that Jeongmin's hand went through the cup.

 

"... can you see now? This is what I am. I'm here... because you made this illusion."

 

Jeongmin walked out of the cafe. Hyunseong who was looking down at the cup, on the table just sat there for a few minutes, then got up from his seat
and followed Jeongmin out of the cafe. Hyunseong quickly walked upto where Jeongmin was, and grabbed his shoulders, turning him around so he can
face him. Jeongmin was crying.

 

"... I didn't want to be forgotten... I wanted you to always remember me... I... wanted to live. I wanted to walk away from that place... but I couldn't move,
my legs wouldn't move, It wouldn't listen to me... If I listened to you, and do what you said back then..."

 

Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong.

 

"I... wouldn't have died, right?"



When Jeongmin said that, Hyunseong hugged Jeongmin. But, Jeongmin continued on what to say, with his trembling voice.

 

"If I did... I would have still been beside you, right? Like we promised... we could have been together, right?... I know we mostly had times that we argued with small things... but you've always lose for me... always hug me... always... always... kissed me... we... we..."

 

'Still could have been loving eachother right now... right?'

 

"Still... thank you..."

 

'For waiting for me, every year.' Jeongmin's voice was fading slowly.

 

"I... have to get going now."

 

Jeongmin looked at Hyunseong. Hyunseong shook his head, he didn't want him to go just now. Jeongmin who read his mind, cupped his face with both of his hand, and carefully kissed him. It seemed to be a long kiss, but for both of them seemed to be so short, but Jeongmin pulled the kiss, and smiled towards Hyunseong.

 

"Smile... Shim Hyunseong. It's not something to be sad."

 

It's just... going to melt like the snow... next year... if you remember me again... i'll appear infront of you again... when the first snow comes down... I'll come back to you. Until then... I'll... be inside your heart.

 

Hyunseong kneeled down on the ground and cried out loud. He let his tears come out of his eyes, that he tried to hid inside him. Hyunseong was kneeling down on the ground, where Jeongmin stood there awhile ago, and kept on crying and crying. Soon, he got up from the ground and just stood there. Hyunseong looked down to his hands, where he could still feel Jeongmin's warmth, but was filled with his tears. Hyunseong made out a laugh. He was looking at the cars, which was busily driving past the road so fast, Hyunseong eyes were empty, as he took a step towards the road where car was going past.

 

I'm sorry... I really can't... do this anymore... It's been seven years... and I waited for you till now... so... don't say anything to me.

 

"... I love you."

 

At the same time, he felt like his soul was going out of his body. He felt numb all over his body. His vision was getting blurry... as well as the sound began to fade. Hyunseong smiled... finally... I can go to you now.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

author's note:::

 

Hello everyone. How did you think about my one-shot?
Did you like it? Hope you did? Was it sad enough?
Hahahaha xD damn... I wonder how it would look like if I used...
MyungYeol couple in this story HAHAHAHA XD

 

 

subscribe & comment.